FIFA 09: Ultimate Team - DISCUSSION THREAD

well after a weekend of playing this on and off my conclusion is that it is gash, plain and simple. i like the chemistry aspect and think that should be implemented into MM, but thats about it.

after it freezing after the first game of the same tournament 4 or 5 times i've given up.

whats the point in releasing a game mode that doesn't work.

i'll stick to MM, with proper teams and tournaments thanks.

Before Sunday it had reached a stable and relatively speedy status, unfortunately yesterday was just gash.

Still waiting to hear from EA as to how they plan to recompense those of use who've bought it and suffered countless problems and coin/pack losses since day one........

After a couple of years of well tested products that had relatively few bugs, this mode is back to the "old" EA and seems to me has been rushed out so that they can cash in. Lets hope that they can rectify the problems, although there seems to be so many different problems/bugs I am not confident that they will be able to resolve them.

They keep indicating MM will be the big update to Fifa10, really hoping so, releasing no details yet except this:

Hey guys,

First of all, just to clarify, I am a Gameplay Producer for NG consoles only (360 and PS3). A big part of my job is designing the Gameplay features we want to add/fix for FIFA10 and drive those throughout the production cycle, so it is always interesting to see what ideas and concerns about the Gameplay part of the game. I'll try to answer some of your concerns about other areas (i.e. Game Modes, online, etc), but will try to stick to the Gameplay part of it.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase. There are tons of good ideas and feedback here. It would be too difficult and time consuming to reply to all of them, but I'll touch of some issues below.

Manager Mode: Many of you hace suggested several improvements for Manager Mode in FIFA10. While we won't be able to address all of them this year, I can tell you that many of the issues you mentioned will be solved for FIFA10. We know that Manager Mode is one the most important Game Modes in the game, and as such it received a lot of attention from the development team this year. This means having more realistic results in sim matches (i.e. more realistic league table); having a more compelling transfer system; improved atmosphere, player growth, and many more. In the end, it is a matter of prioritizing and have a plan that will continue to improve MM not just in FIFA10, but in all the FIFAs to come.

Flick Passes: We are constantly trying to improve our passing system, and part of it is adding variety. Last year we implemented swerve on through balls, so that skilled passers could play more effective through balls. Flick passes are definitely part of the game. What we have to ask ourselves is whether we want them to be contextual (such as back heel passes in the game right now) or using the R1 or RB modifier as suggested by Superman92.

Ball Physics: We made changes to the Ball Physics last year, and it became what I think is the most realistic Ball behaviour in-air that we have had. However, there were a few problems that we did not have time to fix, such as the ball bouncing too fast after it hits a player. We are working this year to polish this feature and fix issues such as this.

Defensive Line height: Very good point. We always need to have a balance between defending and attacking. At the moment, the attacking team has an edge when it comes to ground and lofted through balls. I think part of the problem is that the defensive line defends too high at times, and that our lofted through balls are too accurate. We are definitely aware of this issue and we hope that it will be much improved for FIFA10.

Stamina and attributes: We already have long-term and short-term stamina. Also, stamina has an impact on certain attributes and CPU AI decisions. That said, there are still several Gameplay features that could use the impact of stamina. Let me know what specific aspects of the game you think should be affected by it...

General Gameplay: Very good suggestions here. As I mentioned before, there is only so much we can do in one development cycle, so we won't be able to address all of the concerns at once. That said, in FIFA10 we hope you get a much better gameplay experience through improvements in all of our areas: CPU AI, set pieces, physical play, defending, positioning, GK, etc...
To touch on some of the spefic comments below...
You can already bring the GK up for a corner if you are losing by 1 or 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game if you change your mentality to Very Attacking.
We will try to improve the context in which back heel passes are performed, and this includes using them more in the right situations.
Difficulty level is always a tricky one. We want to make the game accessible for rookie gamers, and challenging and rewarding for experienced ones. Do you guys think it is too difficult or too easy in specific difficulty settings?

And finally, a question for YOU: When you want to play a through pass (triangle in PS3 or Y in 360), do you point at the player you are passing it to? Or to the space you want to pass the ball into?

Hope we keep this thread going. I'll try to comment on more of your ideas next time I'm here. BlueBlitz, I DID read all of your ideas and will consider many of them, even if I didn't mention them here :)

Take care everyone,
Santiago

Fuckers, 78th min, winning 2-1 in the cup "you've lost your connection blah blah"......

So no coins, lost contract/fitness :(

They really need to change it so you only lose contract/fitness once you've successfully completed a match and returned to the menus.......

Fuckers, 78th min, winning 2-1 in the cup "you've lost your connection blah blah"......

So no coins, lost contract/fitness :(

They really need to change it so you only lose contract/fitness once you've successfully completed a match and returned to the menus.......

Amen to that. There's still alot of things wrong with this. I'm starting to question the longevity.

I've got a decent team now, not full of superstars but a decent team, and I have no trouble winning games.

I'm starting to wonder now though, what is the point of all this? I can't show my team off, I can't play my friends to see who's is better, I can't compete in leagues or tournaments that actually mean anything or prove that my team is the best.

I've built up this good squad, and now that I've done it, theres nothing else to do!

Bloody love this mode - especially when i have got loads of good players - only bad thing is - Nobody would like to play against me!

my team is

95 Attack
91 Midfield
92 Defence

- Just wondering wats everybody elses team stats!

Amen to that. There's still alot of things wrong with this. I'm starting to question the longevity.

I've got a decent team now, not full of superstars but a decent team, and I have no trouble winning games.

I'm starting to wonder now though, what is the point of all this? I can't show my team off, I can't play my friends to see who's is better, I can't compete in leagues or tournaments that actually mean anything or prove that my team is the best.

I've built up this good squad, and now that I've done it, theres nothing else to do!

My team is still growing, but that was my fear about this mode, once you have a good team, what do you do with it? Playing friendly matches with your mates should be mandatory in this expansion. I don't get how they didn't put it in.

Bloody love this mode - especially when i have got loads of good players - only bad thing is - Nobody would like to play against me!
You wonder why with a team like that?!

How many packs of cards did you have to buy with real money to get a squad like that?!

:LOL: He came up against me earlier and I just exited. got 11,000 coins now. will buy myself a RB and then another few contracts.

You wonder why with a team like that?!

How many packs of cards did you have to buy with real money to get a squad like that?!

None - why buy cards with proper money? no piont! i rather search the market for bargains - bought Osman for like 500 and i got rosicky for 700 - then i actually sold them for like 3000 each! i have a good chemistry - because i have 9 players from spain in my team! also when i got Torres i haven't lost a game yet!

my reason why i have a good team is luck - searching for cheap players is one and knowing when to sell

best thing i have sold is a Staff contract for 7,000! even silver staff contracts sells well online for about 2,000! so basically you can get you money up well if you have loads lying around! i normally get one every gold pack! well i have for the last fife packs i bought!

also i have sold messi twice and thrid is going going gone in less than 20 hours! for 25,000 ( since i last checked) thats five gold packs! so basically it's knowing the prices of who to sell and how much people will bid on them!

No piont getting Ronaldo in a pack and whapping 100,000 on his price tag - nobody is going to bid on that!

like i have Rooney on for i think 13,000 which i think is too much since nobody has bidded on it yet - might wait till it expires and put it down to like 7,000.

basically mate reason why i have a team like i do is playing good football - knowing who to sell for a certain mount of money! and getting cheap deals on good players! gived my bro some good players for cheap!

:LOL: He came up against me earlier and I just exited. got 11,000 coins now. will buy myself a RB and then another few contracts.

yeah i notice you quit! plus i don't cheat like some people on the game! scoring from half way line - chipping the keeper on the edge of the box - running down the wings then passing the ball up to a open player to tap in! i try play good football!

So are you saying I do that stuff Or generally making a point? Theres no way with my 3 star team I was going to get bummed by your ultra 5 stars. Again I must be shit at bargains on this mode. Everyone seems to be notching up their teams while im just about to purchase my 2nd gold pack.

nah not saying that you do that - at all! but theirs loads of people that i have come across who have done these against me but by playing proper... you'll know what to do against those cheating scum bags who cheats and try thrashing you! i had a team against me this afternoon who was a 2 half stars that totally kick shit out of my formation! - 442, but i only won 1 nil... in which i scored last minute against th guy!

my only thing i can say to you mate is put the difficulty up when playing other human teams coz you get more pionts fro mthe difficulty your on! i get about 700 maybe 900 a game if i win 2 nil! this is wat i have done since i started! and i haven't bought any Packs using my own money! i have done this method what i have told you! it worked on champions league

also try having a match against accrington on Legendary - i win like 4 nil with this team but when i had a silver team only won like 1 nil.... but i defended alot! this get's you like 700 a match maybe more!

the highest pionts that a got for one match is just under 1,000 - which i won a guy 6 nil....

so try some of these and soon you'll be buying packs of gold.... twice maybe three times a day....

and in the trading thread - i have had all those in my trade list since i bought golds packs - forgot to put them on the market - must have got rid of loads since it kept saying my trade bit is full! but this week i have been selling like mad! and i have to admit - even fill a page with gold only get's you 11 - maybe 13,000 just because you completed a page!

i have completed some pages but i haven't filled them with all gold!

anyway hope i have help you a little bit!

I am trying to do the offline tournaments - won 2 so far.

Now I am on the Meditaranean (How the fuck do you spell that :DD ) cup. I can play the first game and then, it won't let me play the next and it won't let me exit the cup. So I have to exit the game.

Then next time I go to the cup, I have to play the first game again and again, it won't let me play the next game or exit!!!

It won't let me play anyother offline cups until I complete this cup!!!! so I basically can't complete anymore cups offline because I am stuck in some retarded limbo!!!!

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!!!!

OWWWWWW OK! So thats what people do. Put the difficulty up and just play and it gets your more points. nice :DD Cheers for that.

YoungGun how have you got 11,000 coins!? :ANX:

In my first Gold pack I got a Barcelona home kit. Sold it for 10,000. Have been playing 2-3, then buying contracts/player rinse repeat. will probably buy a Gold pack again soon hoping to get lucky

Despite the poor server performance tonight I managed to get around 40 kits/badges at 150 a pop, stuck them in the collection and ended up with 15,000 coins, bought my first every gold pack and got Fernando Torres in it, seems he goes for a nice price? Stuck him up at 20k open 50k buy now :)

I'm loving this, seems like we all have our own way of doing things, up to now i've only bought one silver pack. i got a decent 4-4-2 Norwegian manager so i thought i'd build a Norwegian 4-4-2 side for a while, when my manager is replaced i'll change my team to suit.

Yes I agree, there are so many ways to play this mode it does seem to hold something for everyone :)). I just hope there's a bigger, better andmore reliable version in FIFA 10!

Back
Top Bottom