FIFA 09: Ultimate Team - DISCUSSION THREAD

I've tried to play it again recently but the shit AI and contracts ruin it for me. I have all gold and silver players and the only way to keep them is to keep buying bronze packs over and over to get contracts then piss them away then play as many games as my team allows then buy bronze packs. I did have a gold manager at one point which made contracts easier but then I couldn't get any staff contracts and had to sell him off and so I was without a manager for a good 20 games until I received a useless bronze manager in a silver pack.

I don't think the team behind this even bothered playing it because there are tons of glitches, bugs, lock ups, the advantage rule bug has returned and the team mate AI is all over the place. They had this mode working really well already in the champ league game so it really confuses me how they managed to stuff it up so badly and turn a great fun mode into hard work and frustration.

The only silver lining is I didn't actually spend any money getting this crap.

-
Edit

I should also add that I'm shit at this mode for some reason - in manager mode i can beat a good 3 or 4 star team with my crappy 1/2 star team and when i lose it feels fair. Here i feel like i'm being cheated out of my games with the ai as they string together perfect long balls time after time and my keeper ends up bumping into my CB's for the 10th time allowing them an open goal tap in. My team mates also have no AI and will follow me wide onto the wing pointing for a pass instead of getting into the box, or they'll stand miles offside or my CB's will refuse to play the offside trap and just stand there like an idiot. And these are gold and silver defenders not bronze turds.

So the highest difficulty I can manage to play on is professional which means it's bloody impossible to get enough coins to keep my gold players in the team. Even if i win 3 or 4 nil i'll only get about 600 coins, buying a bronze pack to refill those contracts takes most of that off me...

I want to play the mode, I want to have fun but its just really pissing me off this week and making me care less and less about the next fifa. Usually around this time we get the champ league or euro/world cup games from EA and they show us a few tweaks on the engine that we can then expect to be even better for the next real fifa. But with this mode all i see is shit on top of glitches and It's just making me expect more of the same when Fifa 10 comes.

I believe the problem with your games is that you don't have a EXPERT manager so you can fully edit your custom tactics.

An expert manager would help me extend player contracts but it wouldn't stop the returning advantage rule bug, stop ai team mates following me with the ball instead of running into the box, stop the opposing ai from cheating with scripted goals (and you know when they're coming as the ai go from useless to suddenly stringing together amazing passes and every loose ball goes right to them), make my team aware of the offsides at both ends of the pitch and give me more money for winning and more player and staff contract cards?

The main problem with fifa is the players aren't aware of the ball. If you kick the ball and it hits the ref everyone keeps running on their scripted train tracks towards where the ball should have ended up and you have to switch men to gain control of someone who wasn't scripted on a run to be able to drag them back around to the ball.

If you play the offside rule the AI of your team stop and they all ignore the ball and walk forwards - too many times I've played the offside trap, my defenders have walked forward, a loose ball rolls right by one of them and they AI ignore it and if I switch to that man I can't move him until the scripted offside trap run of over.

When you throw in the delay between pressing a button and the animation does it and then it gets even worse online when you have that AND button delay lag I'm wanting some big changes for Fifa 10 in the AI department and overall control before I hand them any of my money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom