FIFA 09: Ultimate Team - DISCUSSION THREAD

For those sensible people who avoid the EA forums (your IQ drops by 1 for every 12 minutes spent reading the EA forums, this is a scientifically proven fact).

Update: April 1st, 3am GMT

Early this morning we deployed some caching solutions to Trading for Xbox 360. We've seen this have a positive effect on DB load, but it is still too slow during peak usage time. By working on this optimization we are in effect lowering the amount of occurrences of the following bugs – once fully optimized (we WILL get there) we believe all these issues will be fixed:

- Card packs not being properly awarded
- Tournament progression, results not saving, input loss/hangs/crashes after matches
- Trophies not being rewarded
- Coins, skill points not being awarded following a match
- Significant delay in trading screens
- Delay in card swapping in Team Management Screens
- Crashes/hangs when substituting a player
- Team names disappearing
- Hang when entering Ultimate Team
- Trade search errors
- Errors when you are kicked out of the mode unexpectedly
- Disappearing players, disappearing trophies
- Errors when applying training cards or contracts
- Other random hangs, freezes, or error pop-ups

There could be more issues in addition to the above that some people have rarely seen. As you can see, we have one problem causing many issues. The problem is simple, we have many more users playing the game than we expected.

We are working on new optimizations that we hope to release Thursday 10pm PDT / Friday 6am GMT. We expect to see more improvements, but we are not stopping after tomorrow.

Other updates we are planning for or already working on:

- Once optimized we want to sort trading by expiry time again
- Look at solving issues around match-making
- Leaderboard issues

Next update tomorrow.

Thanks all.
Football Live Team

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/.../442666-ultimate-team-update.html#post7474343

Im getting a bit bored of this now due to the fact that you have to play about 6 games to save up for a gold pack and by that time half of your squad is on its last legs because of there contracts running out

That means you have to waste 2500 to buy a silver pack in hope of getting some contract cards (bronze ones are shit for gold players) then you have to play another 4 matches to top it up to 5000 again and by that time nearly all your squad is out of contract

The more i play the more pointless it seems, contract cards have fucked what could have been a good mode up

I have loads of contract cards - I always seem to get more of them than actual decent players :ROLL:

So EA were unprepared for people wanting to play this new game mode that they have been advertising everywhere for about a month?

The EA servers are never the most stable at the best of times but this has really tipped them over the edge

Yeah it is the key IMO and it's the advice I give to people as soon as I hear their complaints about contracts ;)

Mine is E. Sanchez Flores, cost me 350 and he adds +3 matches to every contract card :) +3 is the maximum, there is a Bronze Scottish one who adds +2 which is the best for Bronze, there are no silver +3 ones as far as I'm aware.

Yeah it is the key IMO and it's the advice I give to people as soon as I hear their complaints about contracts ;)

Mine is E. Sanchez Flores, cost me 350 and he adds +3 matches to every contract card :) +3 is the maximum, there is a Bronze Scottish one who adds +2 which is the best for Bronze, there are no silver +3 ones as far as I'm aware.

I have the scottish one, J Hughes...he is awesome :D

I'm gonna have to have a look for Flores and Hughes then

What about the top ones like Wenger, Ferguson and Aragones?

I'm gonna have to have a look for Flores and Hughes then

What about the top ones like Wenger, Ferguson and Aragones?

+2 I think.

Has the tournament issue been fixed with the update? I have been stuck at the semi final stage since Sunday!

I'm about to find out, finally want to see how my team will do, I spent the last couple of days on a training card frenzy, everyone's now well over 80 with David James at 90 and me at 88 being the current best :)

Somehow I got Alexander Frei up to 87 and I don't even like him!

Thats the best advice i have heard for this game ;)

I bought in Flores buy it now for 350 used some of the 5-6 staff contract cards i had on him to free up some space, then i bought 2 bronze packs which had 5 contract cards in and used them on my gold and silver players.

+1 Bronze card on a gold player went up to +5 and +2 Bronze goes upto +7 :)

Gold packs here we come!!!!!!!!!

Has the tournament issue been fixed with the update? I have been stuck at the semi final stage since Sunday!

And the answer is yes, I just played the first round of the bronze British Isles cup for the 5th!!! time and this time I won it for the 5th time and was then able to press A for the next round.

Some people on the EA forums have said that when you press to continue after viewing man of the match etc. etc. you shouldn't press any buttons/move the sticks until both of the loading circles have vanished, my be bollards but I made sure not to touch anything anyways :)

And the answer is yes, I just played the first round of the bronze British Isles cup for the 5th!!! time and this time I won it for the 5th time and was then able to press A for the next round.

Some people on the EA forums have said that when you press to continue after viewing man of the match etc. etc. you shouldn't press any buttons/move the sticks until both of the loading circles have vanished, my be bollards but I made sure not to touch anything anyways :)

YEE HAA!!

Nice new bug, have a squad of 29 players, yet it tells me I don't have enough players and must buy a pack of cards, so I buy a bronze pack, get a 69 silver striker, add him, now have a squad of 30 and it's considered enough........

You can't, but Placebo cheats and uses his wife's gamertag to trade it back and forth.

Its still not letting me get past the first game!! :((

Do I need to download an update or something?

I give up. Still stuck on the British Isles tournament, played my semi final twice today and same problem as before cannot progress despite winning the match, therefore the offline mode is redundant for me at the moment.

I can't believe that EA still have not sorted this issue out.

We definately need two sections in the Trade Section

1) Trades you have posted
2) Trades you have bid on

Back
Top Bottom