FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

No idea on build could be updated but kits etc not added and transfers so seems old build probably same as Vancouver.

But anyway its playable at booth along with competition vs EA guys think you win Wii.

No new announcements that will be Leipzig :))

If anyone gets chance to ask them this, ask them about the commentary, most of what we're hearing is exactly the same as Fifa08, is that just placeholder or have they not recorded new commentary for Fifa09?

i thought the uefa 2008 commentary was top drawer, clive tydlesley is much better than martin tyler

IMO both are good, the problem is with the implementation, which is pretty poor in Fifa08, some basic stuff, such as hitting a cross out of bounds and them saying it was a shot, that should simply not be happening at all.

IMO both are good, the problem is with the implementation, which is pretty poor in Fifa08, some basic stuff, such as hitting a cross out of bounds and them saying it was a shot, that should simply not be happening at all.

I think they should put in a lot more random and non specific stuff... This would not change from year to year and can just be added too each time...

Look at the Tevez goal. Only one defender can try to take the ball before Tevez. The other defender just stops even though he could have had a chance taking it but because only one player per team can try to take the ball it stops. This is so bad and EA needs to fix this unrealistic scripted shit. In real life the other defender would have thrown himself to cover a possible shot or try to tackle the ball... man this is so annoying that it's still in.

Good point. The AI shouldnt stop just because youre not controlling the player... when it switches there the player def stops... and why did it switch to a player behind the play?

well it happens in footie games all the time... if you want the other player to pressure you have got to be holding second player pressure or they will just stand there!

have been playing PES6 today and suffers from the same problem (don't know about pes2008 as its been 5 months since i played it last)

Good point. The AI shouldnt stop just because youre not controlling the player... when it switches there the player def stops... and why did it switch to a player behind the play?

as for the game switching it to the defender on the edge of the box instead of the 1 who should be blocking the shot it could have been he was relying heavily on assisted or he was manually changing with the analog stick and aimed the wrong direction either way if you don't want goals like tht conceder use a solid back line of 4 centre backs works well IN PES! hopefully will do in fifa 09!

drekkard: Asked for you but was met by a blank stare from the booth staff. Basically he didn't know. Sorry dude.

Joystick, thank you very much for asking, really, you're doing a great job for all of us.

as for the game switching it to the defender on the edge of the box instead of the 1 who should be blocking the shot it could have been he was relying heavily on assisted or he was manually changing with the analog stick and aimed the wrong direction either way if you don't want goals like tht conceder use a solid back line of 4 centre backs works well IN PES! hopefully will do in fifa 09!

I consider that an exploit and therefore don't use it. No-one plays with 4 Centre Backs in real life.

I remember coming up against people using this tactic online and it sure works if you're the win at all costs type.

I think that was a compliment as to the effort you put in here placebo... You must spend most of your life online... :LOL:

Yes, exectaly! :-pp
You're very solicitous and dedicate to help and bring news for everyone here... :)) That's what I mean with that expression. ;))

Cheers

I consider that an exploit and therefore don't use it. No-one plays with 4 Centre Backs in real life.

I remember coming up against people using this tactic online and it sure works if you're the win at all costs type.

Lol win at all costs claim I am a don't want to concede shitty goals type!

and in PES if you didn't set yourself with 4CB's you were vulnerable!

that may/maynot be the case in fifa 09 but I will be trying out all possibilities to keep my defense water tight! it is not an exploit the game is giving me control of what formation I want to use if I was the manager of chelsea and wanted to use 4cb's I could the fact is in real life your players don't pause! when a ball is in the box and alive and ready to be tapped in they bust their guts to try and stop it this doesn't happen in footie video games! which is why 4cb's is not an exploit but a way of having more men in the box to add as cover for rebounds and cutbacks!

an exploit (WHAT A JOKE)

well it happens in footie games all the time... if you want the other player to pressure you have got to be holding second player pressure or they will just stand there!

have been playing PES6 today and suffers from the same problem (don't know about pes2008 as its been 5 months since i played it last)

The difference is that in PES more than one player per team can try to take the ball. In FIFA there is like a switch so when a player locks on to the ball no other player in that team can lock on to the ball. Konami understand that you as a player can't control every player in the team at the same time, so they make sure the AI in your own team help you out. Also more than one player per team can try to take the ball at the same time i PES (at least the old ones I just played 2008 for a very short moment).

When Tevez scored there were no chance in hell that you have time to press the shoot button to make the other defender go for the ball. And really, you should not have to do that in this kind of situation, the AI needs to help you out. As it is now the only help you get from the AI is that it somewhat position itself properly.

Lets say there is a cross for you to defend. There is a player that you control, an opponent and your teammate. You stand like this XOX where X is you and your teammate and O is a player from the other team.
If your player doesn't lock on to the ball there is pretty much no time at all to switch player and be able to position yourself better than the opponent in the short time it takes from when the cross is hit and the time you realise this. This will result in your teammate just standing there like a retard when the opponent heads the ball because your own team AI doesn't do any actions, they only position themselves (poorly). THIS is what I hate in FIFA and the reason I can't stand normal single player.

In PES they help you out but in FIFA you're on your own and the result is always unrealistic.

rant over.

''very floaty''

I think not it seems a tad floaty but they claim to have someone who did the physics of a real ball and implemented it into the game so we will have to see for ourselves

I didn't think it was very floaty in the earlier videos, but in Joysticks videos it's very floaty indeed. The first Joystick movies felt pretty sluggish too, almost like it was in slow motion.

I didn't think it was very floaty in the earlier videos, but in Joysticks videos it's very floaty indeed. The first Joystick movies felt pretty sluggish too, almost like it was in slow motion.

I agree, and if it is still floaty in the finaL build then its killed it for me.The ball lacks weight and pace and considering this is the most important part of football, then not getting this right would be a major blow.

I hate the 10 yard chips that seem to scoop up in the air and the slow or quite fast pass. What happened to zip you get in real football when in total control of the ball??

When Tevez scored I just felt nothing :-( the net made hardly any movement to a well hit shot and it just felt all flat.

I'll reserve judgement to the demo but I dont see huge improvements on 08, just a slightly quicker more responsive game.

we'll see;))

Back
Top Bottom