FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I hope the trick stick isnt as easy as in Euro2008. It was too easy and people were doing the same tricks over and over again to get past players.

Im not gonna judge either game until I have a demo of both on my PS3 hard drive and im playing them at my home on my nice HDTV. That will be the final deciding factor. But let me say something. For the first time in a decade I am looking more forward to a FIFA game than a PES game. Everything might change in a month though.

Im not gonna judge either game until I have a demo of both on my PS3 hard drive and im playing them at my home on my nice HDTV. That will be the final deciding factor. But let me say something. For the first time in a decade I am looking more forward to a FIFA game than a PES game. Everything might change in a month though.

Same here the last few hype fests have left me a very sceptical bugger... ;))

I think there must be some failure rate when you pull off a trick. Less skilled player but even those with good skills should be able to fail when doing a trick, like doing step overs and accidentally touch the ball with the foot and so on. C.Ronaldo would obviously have like 95% to pull it off but he should be able to make a mistake too.

Edit: Oh and that brings me to another thing. EVERY player should be able to TRY to do a trick. I hate the fact that in 08 where you try to do a trick and nothing happens because the player isn't skilled enough. The player should have a really high failure rate instead.

Last edited:

Same here the last few hype fests have left me a very sceptical bugger... ;))

Exactly. I remeber back with PES 2008 people were saying its 'the best football game ever', 'the graphics are incredible', 'you can hear the football', 'its unbelievably smooth' and 'the nets are better than Football Kingdom'.

For FIFA 08 it was 'OMG It plays just like PES!', 'its so responsive' etc...Once you actually played it the truth was a little different.

Its not that I dont listen to opinions. I often read reviews from IGN, Eurogamer, Gamespot before purchasing a game but you also have to partly make a decision yourself because at the end of the day its the most important. :)

I understand how over the years people in this community have come to trust other reliable posters (somewhat) ;-) but there is no way ever I'm going to either buy or not buy a game based on someone else's advice.
I certainly enjoy and indeed look forward to reading the speculation and conjecture before a title is released and the analysis and appraisal from game conferences and after it's hit the shelves as well. However I've roamed this earth long enough (way longer than I care to say here) :vik: to know that ultimately there is really only one person's opinion that matters when it comes to deciding for yourself what you like and dislike (check with them in the mirror) :arrow:

this is true. Everybody has different opinions to what is important in games. Pro lovers are obssesed with the gameplay over graphics debate. Personally i love the realism of the graphics/real names etc. Gameplay is a must of course. Thats why ill be buying fifa09 however good Pro2009 is this year as i know the gameplay will be excellent in Fifa plus i will have all the proper kits etc. So fed up with playing as North London in pro evo and having to wait for option files to correct it all. Used to actually enjoy doing all the editing myself but these days i just dont have the time. Roll on October the 3rd. Arsenal Vs Tottenham in my first game at the Emirates.......im dribbling over my keyboard at the prospect.

Bring it on! Gemma has two "beach balls" I'd be happy to play with. And you lot would all love to as well ;)

Can't see anything?

EDIT: Now i do.

Last edited:

This game certainly looks so good. But there are one or two things with gameplay in question.

I am yet to see a properly struck shot from distance which looks realistic, the keepers still seem to punch it back into play too much as well... :((.

The rest of the gameplay looks alright, but if the shooting and the keepers are still shit then for me that makes the game shit.

Well, there is much to like but a few things that worries me as well. First, the passing is too accurate, especialy when players have their back towards the reciever. Nothing new here but I wish it was... Creates a bit of a ping-pong feeling. Second, he didn't get a red card for that tackle on Ronaldo? Not even a yellow!?

I guess the passing is going to be more realistic when you change the settings to manual passing but I heard Dave Littman (Producer of NHL 09) talked about how they have made passing much more risky and with higher failure rate when you passed behind your back. Wished that would have been implemented in Fifa as well.

Last edited:

how do i get the hd vid? and about the gameplay, it looks like the players dont pull there leg back before the shoot

they have the ronaldo free kick animation down to a Tee...the breathing effect is great

I'm a bit surprised in that question and answer that Adam said the gameplay is basically the same as Euro. Obviously I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen and heard I feel like anyone that played a lot of Euro would feel the differences a lot more. Players being able to hold off defenders, improved shooting, improved goalkeepers etc (which he both says are improved) would seem to me to be big gameplay changes, no? I wish he were a bit more specific why Pro Evo fans still wouldn't like this version, what it is about the game, ie players still aren't individual enough? As a former huge PES fan I'm interested to know what is holding the others back?

On another note one thing i think I've noticed so far is that passes seem a bit too accurate, for example even on off balance/blind passes, anyone else notice this?

I'm a bit surprised in that question and answer that Adam said the gameplay is basically the same as Euro. Obviously I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen and heard I feel like anyone that played a lot of Euro would feel the differences a lot more. Players being able to hold off defenders, improved shooting, improved goalkeepers etc (which he both says are improved) would seem to me to be big gameplay changes, no? I wish he were a bit more specific why Pro Evo fans still wouldn't like this version, what it is about the game, ie players still aren't individual enough? As a former huge PES fan I'm interested to know what is holding the others back?

On another note one thing i think I've noticed so far is that passes seem a bit too accurate, for example even on off balance/blind passes, anyone else notice this?

I think ADAM is a bit biass towards pes to say the least. I dont think he wants to admit that Fifa is on top at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom