FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

On another note one thing i think I've noticed so far is that passes seem a bit too accurate, for example even on off balance/blind passes, anyone else notice this?

Yeah I noticed that as well, maybe a combination of playing on Auto passing with very good players, manual passing + Sheffield Wednesday players and I'm sure I won't have that problem at all ;)

I am yet to see a properly struck shot from distance which looks realistic, the keepers still seem to punch it back into play too much as well... :((.

The rest of the gameplay looks alright, but if the shooting and the keepers are still shit then for me that makes the game shit.

I agree looks like a faster more animated Euro 2008 which i thought was a shit game.Its all still clunky looking with the ball mechanics and still too floaty.

They may have had a ball expert but its still looking weird.

Nice animation, nice graphics................has'nt FIFA always had that??

Doing nothing for me at the moment.:((

I presume the game is being played with top speed option, it looks shit this way + the auto passing.

Fast speed + auto passing = PES mode.
Normal/Slow speed + all manual controls = Football mode.

;)

Sorry but I think that you like very,very slow game,where everything you can see.Fifa 08 was to slow and you have to know that was very,very borring.Game have to be more dinamic,faster like Pes 6.

You can clearly see how shit the own team AI still is. I moan about this all the time sorry but it ruins single player for me. Look when C.Ronaldo is going through and watch how the midfielder that is not player controlled is just running at Ronaldos side and doesn't do shit. Guess I'll only play BAP again...

Totally agree that Fifa plays way better with everything on manual and it will be great this year online when you actually can choose to play against other manual players. The thing is I mostly play offline in the career mode and I want the computer to play more like "manual settings" as well.

the fact we can now play manual only players means I will use it from day one as I can now play people who will be error prone in situations where I also screwed up :) can't wait!

All I wanted mainly was the reaction times to be improved and the same speed as '08 - It looks like it has been, so I am a happy bunny :DD

But all the videos etc aren't blowing me away.

But I think all the little things they have done will be great for the game.

It´s really hard to make correct judgements of the videos when both players SUCK. I have yet to see a video with someone playing without running straight foward and passing randomly.

I'm a bit surprised in that question and answer that Adam said the gameplay is basically the same as Euro. Obviously I haven't played it yet but from what I've seen and heard I feel like anyone that played a lot of Euro would feel the differences a lot more. Players being able to hold off defenders, improved shooting, improved goalkeepers etc (which he both says are improved) would seem to me to be big gameplay changes, no? I wish he were a bit more specific why Pro Evo fans still wouldn't like this version, what it is about the game, ie players still aren't individual enough? As a former huge PES fan I'm interested to know what is holding the others back?

On another note one thing i think I've noticed so far is that passes seem a bit too accurate, for example even on off balance/blind passes, anyone else notice this?

all i have to say is, check the Euro2008 compilation vid below it and compare. it's like night and day. TONNES of new animations. fluid as butter and the game looks like a lot more fun to play (responsiveness). i cannot wait.

that ronaldo free kick is simply stunning.

Sorry but I think that you like very,very slow game,where everything you can see.Fifa 08 was to slow and you have to know that was very,very borring.Game have to be more dinamic,faster like Pes 6.

I think what I like is a slow paced simulation of football, rather than a ping-pong, pinball machine arcade version of football like PES, that to me is boring. I have had plenty of fast, dynamic, end to end matches in Fifa08. I think perhaps some people are just too used to overly fast arcade games and can't adjust to a more simulated experience, that's ok, not everyone is the same :)

Those HD videos look really good. The hype dropped slightly but is back up now!

Placebo I argee that FIFA is going down a simulation route - unlike PES. Maybe for next FIFA there could be a Gemma Atkinson mode as part of Be A Pro - I think I'd enjoy both the slow and fast options with the lovely lass ;)

Back
Top Bottom