FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Yeah I've had that! There was nothing like that on the FIFA0 we played. Not even once was there a moment where we thought the physics were wrong. It was just perfect.

I've seen people somehow get away with doing this on manual as well which leads me to believe that manual passing isn't ENTIRELY manual at all. Obviously it's almost at the point there is no pass assist but I've played against more than a few guys who (after inviting them to a match from a lobby and making it manual w/o them knowing ;)) sometimes are able to just fire a really long and slow pass across the field that my player should be able to pick off. For some reason they just don't respond though.

I felt like this last night. Kid I played was pinging it about for about 30 mins. He went to pot after that but I was 1 down by then and was also getting caught up when clean through so couldn't get back into the game.

Games previous to this were brilliant. One was against Notts Forest Matt. Cheers Matt.

Even with frustrations, I believe manual is quality and I'm not even very good at it. It doesn't take long to get half decent at passing so I don't understand why people give up on it so quick.

People moan like fuck about realism and freedom and then when it comes along they give up on it cos it's too hard.

I learned how to "pass" the soft sheets of toilet tissue between my butt crack to wipe my own ass quite well after a while and now I don't need mommy to "assist" me with it anymore (see what I did there :) ).

Shooting, for me, is hard as fuck but I'm not giving up on it. I will score some screamers. I will! Hell, even a tap in will do.

If you want that achievement you can set the currency to dollars at the start and control a big team, then put their best player on the transfer list and you should get $50m (the achievement is for 50m of your chosen currency, dollars is the easiest one to get), getting the achievement :).

Still playing 09 and loving it constantly...
That's the first time you've said that since the game has been released, all you've done for the last 12 months is moan about it! The demo of the new game comes out and suddenly FIFA 09 is the best game in the world! AAARGH! :SHOCK:

That's the first time you've said that since the game has been released, all you've done for the last 12 months is moan about it! The demo of the new game comes out and suddenly FIFA 09 is the best game in the world! AAARGH! :SHOCK:

Woah, never said it was the best game in the world, me no Fan boy;)

It has glitches galore and the player selection on 2vAI can lead to feelings of wanting to kill, but with my mate and a few beers 6 hours zooms by.

I have put so many hours into this game it's untrue and I've never moaned about anything in 09 that did not deserve it :P

I've had a few blasts at the demo and agree some of the tweaks will be great, I still have some issues as you and others have pointed out and I hope EA will listen to us and sort them out.

I'm looking forward to the new MM inclusions but I am 100% certain there will be plenty of stuff to keep me moaning about 10 all next year too...:DD

I was being slightly sarcy. ;)

But still, FIFA 10 has some of the issues fixed so how can you give it a 6 out of 10 in the demo poll, then go back to playing 09 and say it's excellent when it's the game with the most issues out of the two? Or am I alone in thinking that?

I did try to go back to FIFA 09 the other night at a mate's and I couldn't believe how rigid it felt, it felt like going back in time after the 10 demo... But maybe that's just me...

I was being slightly sarcy. ;)

But still, FIFA 10 has some of the issues fixed so how can you give it a 6 out of 10 in the demo poll, then go back to playing 09 and say it's excellent when it's the game with the most issues out of the two? Or am I alone in thinking that?

I did try to go back to FIFA 09 the other night at a mate's and I couldn't believe how rigid it felt, it felt like going back in time after the 10 demo... But maybe that's just me...

Hehe so was I...
I marked the demo on the demo I have to say and not the final game, there were issues I spotted in 3 Min's each way that in 6 or 7 hours of playing would have me bouncing pads, I know some of these will be fixed and may even have been sorted already, I know it's no doubt an early build too.

I told myself I would not play the demo and maybe I have not given it time to sink in or get to grips with it, like PES of old it was always the case of the new game needing bedding in time to get used to the changes.

I did say though with more playing the score would go up, it just didn't seem to wow me the way it has others, again that may be down to just three or four games...;)

For all 09's faults it's still the best game there is if you want full leagues and 10 will still be that no matter how good PES 2010 it's lack of real leagues in the ML(spit) will always bias me to FIFA10, if the problems are ironed out it will be impressive..

Just read this over at W.E.N.B.

ps3 version tested

What can i say im still in shock at how finetuned and beautifally crafted pes2010 is on the ps3, for me in my whole 20 years of playing konami football games this is there finest hour and mantra from heaven and will be heralded as a classic in the years to come.

From the perfect response times to the passing and first class crossing that you can now hit from any angle and spot on a players head this is the stuff of dreams.

For those who havent realised the shear unlimited scope of this game good times are ahead and how landmark this game is should not be under estimated.

No doubt about it analog is the only way to go if you want to get the best out of the 360 movement and the new found freedom in passing and crossing and all the benefits this gives,the switch is essential otherwise your only getting a glimpse of this games massive protential.

Im not going to give any negatives because that would be unfair because i feel konami have produced the best football game ever made this year that eclipses anyhting that came before it and on the market today and in time even the most sinnacle pesfan will see its inner beauty and level of refinement and fine tuning that is quite simply sublime and perfectly executed.

:D

Any idea what the average trade in value is at Game/Gamestation for Fifa 09, guess it's dropped heavily with the arrival of Fifa 10 soon upon us. That's the problem with these annual release sports games.

Edit: Wow, Cex offer a whopping £5

Last edited:
I know this thread is well and truly dead now given 10's arrival is imminent, but I had to share this.

Playing with 3 mates and some beers, a goalmouth scramble ensues...

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9618549

One defender suddenly decides to jump and karate kick his teammate to the ground, before the single last defender left standing after the carnage receives a point blank strike to the crown jewels! :DD

2 of my mates were literally rolling off the couch onto the floor, was a right laugh!! :LOL:

Hahaha, that's hilarious, genuine laugh out loud moment.

(Note: I sold mine at CEX in the end and did indeed get £5)

I got £3 from Game in the week. It was shocking, i wasn't think properly at the time and agreed to the price but i wish i kept it. For the sake of £3 there was no reason to get rid of it. I usually hate trading in games aswell, i mean i still have Fifa 08.

Back
Top Bottom