FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Joystick, thanks for the info. If you can ask any EA stuff, could you ask if you can take control of the "CPU Players" in a custom cup?

Do i need to book a ticket in advance(to late now im guessing if thats the case?) or can i just turn up at the door and pay up etc?

is it possible to set specific attacking and defending options in set piece situations in 09 (or even previous fifa version? eg attacking team corner kicks - how many/specific players inside the box, halfway line defence, call up a teammate to the corner. observing from the videos, for the attacking team there are always 4 of players in the box and 3 man defence on the halfway line in a corner kick situation.

Scratch what I said earlier about the lighting. It is better, but I just played again on a different pitch from before and some areas of the pitch are inexplicably almost pitch black, as in previous FIFAs. Could have been the TV I was playing on and/or maybe they will sort this out before release, but why do EA have such a hard on for that overly-dynamic lighting?

drekkard: Asked for you but was met by a blank stare from the booth staff. Basically he didn't know. Sorry dude.

fantomas: Not really had time to check (the que is loooooong and you get abuse for taking your time in the menus :))). I did see something on one of the loading screens about calling up an additional defender for set pieces, so sounds like that's in there.

EA are doing a competition at the booth where they're giving away prizes to the person who can score the most goals against their staff. Some kid just got destroyed 6-0. How embarrassing.

Didnt the guy on theFSB podcast also say the dev team prefered the ps3 controller, bcos it allows better/precise movements

Scratch what I said earlier about the lighting. It is better, but I just played again on a different pitch from before and some areas of the pitch are inexplicably almost pitch black, as in previous FIFAs. Could have been the TV I was playing on and/or maybe they will sort this out before release, but why do EA have such a hard on for that overly-dynamic lighting?

drekkard: Asked for you but was met by a blank stare from the booth staff. Basically he didn't know. Sorry dude.

fantomas: Not really had time to check (the que is loooooong and you get abuse for taking your time in the menus :))). I did see something on one of the loading screens about calling up an additional defender for set pieces, so sounds like that's in there.

EA are doing a competition at the booth where they're giving away prizes to the person who can score the most goals against their staff. Some kid just got destroyed 6-0. How embarrassing.

Can you ask for me if there are different camera angles suchas PES cameras?

And I'm sure the ball bounced of the net as you stated since the nets look too darn tight like a tranpolin to give that effect. Oh well..

Thank you exploits.

I suggested this before, I think new stadiums have better lighting, previous stadiums are still the same... :(

Joystick, can you play a game at night and report back on the night lighting in FIFA 09? It was shocking in FIFA 08 with dark patches all over the pitch, but brilliant in Euro 2008. From the night screenshots I've seen it looks like it's taken a backwards step in 09.

Your contributions are much appreciated.

Back playing UEFA CL. The game is decent, if it wasn't for the funny shooting and running with the ball like its a yoyo, but certainly fun to play. I forgot the shooting is all out manual and most of my shots well wide :lol:

Is it me or is this grass on UEFA CL better than Fifa 08?

Watching slow mo replays is real nice too.

Back
Top Bottom