FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

No FIFA vids if anyone goes, concentrate on videos of Gemma please :TU:

Placebo

5041364620a8566308412l.jpg

In Fifa 08 it was also possible to select "any" in the player select menu. You could play in normal mode that way.

The only question is whether it's possible to limit the game to "2 vs 2 on any" and stuff like that. Otherwise your opponents will consist of 5 players playing on be a pro, for example. That's a totally different match.

In Fifa 08 it was also possible to select "any" in the player select menu. You could play in normal mode that way.

The only question is whether it's possible to limit the game to "2 vs 2 on any" and stuff like that. Otherwise your opponents will consist of 5 players playing on be a pro, for example. That's a totally different match.

Humm, now I understand. :))
I used to play PES, so I'm not familiried with FIFA stuff... :-pp Thank you! ;))

Maybe Placebo can answer our doubt... :SS

I have one doubt about FIFA09...

Will be possible to play 2x2 players online? (like Brazil x Spain video)

:)

You could do this in 08 by adding a guest so no reason for EA to take it out in 09. Plenty of 2v2 rooms/lobbies setup aswell so just join one of them.

The feature I want is to be able to play the CPU teams in a custom cup. I mean, me and my friends used to do it in PES and in Fifa 08 we couldn't.Let's say we are 4 of us. We make a custom cup with 4 groups and one of us in each group. Then when you play your team, the rest of your mates play one of your opponents in your group and viceversa.

It was a great great way of playing. It was difficult to wina cup with your own team, as you always face your mates, even in semifinals, final and so...

Now I would like to know if EA has thought of this, as it's the only thing I miss from old Pes, but it's a critical one.

The feature I want is to be able to play the CPU teams in a custom cup. I mean, me and my friends used to do it in PES and in Fifa 08 we couldn't.Let's say we are 4 of us. We make a custom cup with 4 groups and one of us in each group. Then when you play your team, the rest of your mates play one of your opponents in your group and viceversa.

It was a great great way of playing. It was difficult to wina cup with your own team, as you always face your mates, even in semifinals, final and so...

Now I would like to know if EA has thought of this, as it's the only thing I miss from old Pes, but it's a critical one.

i do the same thing.. they took this feature out in pes2008. hopefully it gets implemented for both games.

dude you speak out of my mind. thats the most important feature for me :)

Thanks bud, that's a genuine pic or fan's mockup?

Thats a mock up i think from the people that have seen the shirt

The Sponsor is blue though apparently, they unveil it when we play Lincoln in the Cup on August 12th

Did the guys over at FSB get to try out both 360 and ps3 versions? I saw some pics over on their site of people testing it out (I assumed it was reporters in Vancouver). If so, was there a difference like last years version (and euro08)? I know ps3 has some secret mode, but Im talking about graphics/gameplay.

Did the guys over at FSB get to try out both 360 and ps3 versions? I saw some pics over on their site of people testing it out (I assumed it was reporters in Vancouver). If so, was there a difference like last years version (and euro08)? I know ps3 has some secret mode, but Im talking about graphics/gameplay.

If I remember right they talked about this in the FSB podcast. I believe they said that graphically there was very little difference between the two, but the 360 version looked a little sharper still. But the PS3 version was the most improved compared to last year.

Suff said game play was the same on both but he favoured the PS3 version due to his preference of the dual shock controller.

I'll need to listen to it again to make sure I didn't just make that up.:))

Back
Top Bottom