FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Yes, it is funny isn't it? I'm laughing at the fact that PC gets the crappy FIFA while the consoles get the best football games ever with their versions of FIFA :LOL:.

You know what dirty Harry said about the opinion?

I hope someone from ea reads this: among the options on line put "team level", which means if i choose a stinky team my opponent will have to choose a team of the same level (they can make up 5-6 levels i guess).

That would put an end to the BS "whatever team i choose vs barca o man united or inter".

I guess it does not take long to introduce this.

What about those lucky fellas that were supposed to try the new fifa 09?? Did they actually play it??

More important IMO is to be able to choose is you want an opponent on all manual, all assisted etc.

I'm fucking tired of playing guys with assisted/semi-everything, fucking hate it. All manual or no game, please.

More important IMO is to be able to choose is you want an opponent on all manual, all assisted etc.

I'm fucking tired of playing guys with assisted/semi-everything, fucking hate it. All manual or no game, please.
fucking hell why? whats your problem? some of you lots requirements are bloody insane. first someone said they wanna force people to play with shit teams, now this LOL i hope to god EA aint listening to this thread :LOL:

fucking hell why? whats your problem? some of you lots requirements are bloody insane. first someone said they wanna force people to play with shit teams, now this LOL i hope to god EA aint listening to this thread :LOL:

Just the option to do it - I don't see what the problem with that is Jonney?

You can choose to set a maximum star rating for your opponant and also what controller configuration. It wouldn't be hard to implement and you would have the choice of using them or not.

There is nothing wrong with that at all.

I don't see the harm of there being an option though, i.e. being able to set up a match with manual controls only. You can do it in other games, manual gearbox only and in-car view only in Forza/GT, so I don't see why things like that can't be included in FIFA.

I am DESPERATE for an option to set up a match where the opponent is limited to a certain amount of stars. That doesn't mean it fucks the game up does it? I could play how I want, you could play how you want. But I just won't play Barca or Brazil any more, I refuse.

EDIT: Bobby got there first. :roll:

i can understand the team choice thing buy button config? come on man who the fuck cares what settings there opponent plays on?

what next? a setting to play with people who have a tv smaller then 32inch? or play with people who have an elite? you get the drift it doesnt make a difference.

i can understand the team choice thing buy button config? come on man who the fuck cares what settings there opponent plays on?

what next? a setting to play with people who have a tv smaller then 32inch?
You are joking, right?

If you play on semi or auto (on Euro), every shot is so accurate that the keeper has to stretch, he rebounds the ball and it falls straight to an opposition striker. It's the same goal over and over again. I don't want to play the game any more because of it.

If you can create a game where you both have to play on manual, the keepers will make more comfortable saves and produce less rebounds leading to goals. All the goals are different. This makes the game worth playing.

So there you are, two games, exactly the same bar one small difference, and one is shit and something I don't want to play, one is great and something I'd love to play.

You are joking, right?

If you play on semi or auto (on Euro), every shot is so accurate that the keeper has to stretch, he rebounds the ball and it falls straight to an opposition striker. It's the same goal over and over again. I don't want to play the game any more because of it.

If you can create a game where you both have to play on manual, the keepers will make more comfortable saves and produce less rebounds leading to goals. All the goals are different. This makes the game worth playing.

So there you are, two games, exactly the same bar one small difference, and one is shit and something I don't want to play, one is great and something I'd love to play.
ahh yes i can understand that but in pro evo tehre was no such thing has shooting was manual and you had to aim. maybe not full on manual but certainly not 100% accurate

well said lami. i do laugh at people who complain that they keep playing againts barca online all the time and branding them cheats etc when they themselves can play has another team of a similar level.

fuck being forced to play has charlton for example lol
Some of us get bored playing against fucking Man Utd, Chelsea, Inter & Barca all the time...

P.S. What have Arsenal won lately? :SHHH:

Well the idea is that if u create a game u choose the options you wanna play with, if the guys does not like it he is free to go play someone else. This way we can have fair games.

Let's say you wanna play penguins but the other guy wanna play dinosaurs.....oh no sorry, wrong game thread....

HAHA! :lol:

I've already done this in another thread but what the hell.

It's been confirmed. Seabass has been sacked from the Winning Eleven team, and he's been made project manager of Everybody's Golf on PSP.

2495288527_979c5664b5_o.jpg

God knows who had that bizzare idea......i remember the first time i unlock them i thought to myself "are they fucking kidding me, this is an unlockable??"

Anyway these NDAs are amusing to me, most state secrets are made public by journalists as soon as they get them, now it seems like a new game mode in fifa is better protected than national security reports.

Anyway these NDAs are amusing to me, most state secrets are made public by journalists as soon as they get them, now it seems like a new game mode in fifa is better protected than national security reports.

You want to know how crazy its become?

Look at the latest post on FSB regarding the snippet OPM wrote. Absolutly nothing that lets out any sort of info. I mean, it wasnt even more than a sentence. But guess what happened?

EA went mental! The fact that OPM made it clear in a publication that FIFA 09 is now being shown has peed them off. So yeh, I doubt you'll be hearing anything, unless they want EA on their asses.

I don't understand why EA should get so upset about disclosure of information. I mean, it's not as if we all don't know FIFA09 is in development and we're going to know what's in it sooner or later.

Perhaps they're concerned that Konami might get wind of their ideas and copy them...which would be hugely ironic, given how much they've ripped off from PES.

I don't get why you have to invite game journalists and then tell them they can't say shit for a month. Invite them one month later then....maybe u even have a better version of the game to show off.

This is the ultimate teasing.

Exactly. They invite journalists because jouranlists provide the publicity and hype...that's the only reason journalists exist, to spread the word (and sensationalise it).

And then when the journalists, whose role in life is to publish news and comment, decide to publish some news they've gotten direct from EA, EA get all furious. What a bunch of nobs.

Would be funny if, next time the journos are invited for pre-beta demonstrations, etc, they all just say, "nah, we're busy". Who's going to provide the hype for your game then, EA?

I don't get why you have to invite game journalists and then tell them they can't say shit for a month. Invite them one month later then....maybe u even have a better version of the game to show off.

This is the ultimate teasing.

They probably do it like that in order to give the print magazines time to put it in their issue, so that whenever info is about to be released, you'll see it in the mag first. Just a guess, though.

They probably do it like that in order to give the print magazines time to put it in their issue, so that whenever info is about to be released, you'll see it in the mag first. Just a guess, though.

Yep correct, not saying online sites havent seen the game.

I personally think its the fact they dont want people focusing on FIFA 09 when they have FIFA 08 and EURO 2008 out. News might effect sales?

Its not so much EA getting upset about disclosure of info, its more the fact of doing it before EA say so.

That's a good point, if there is news on FIFA09 and how great it's gonna be, why would you buy FIFA08 right now?

Because FIFA09 isn't out for 4-5 months.

Given the way some people go mental when the postie doesn't deliver a new game 2 days before the official release date, 4 months is an eternity.

Because its going to be the PS2 version not the 360/PS3 version, EA for whatever reason feel its not worth releasing the newer version due to lack of people's PC's running it?

Even Konami made an effort with the pc version, turning it into next gen, now that's something. :anx::BLINK:

Because its going to be the PS2 version not the 360/PS3 version, EA for whatever reason feel its not worth releasing the newer version due to lack of people's PC's running it?

is that 100% confirmed by EA or it's just guessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom