FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

2nd or 3rd pre-season friendly one of your main CBs got a long term injury, if ManUtd it was always Ferdinand, if Liverpool always Carragher, later on your star striker always had a falling out on the pitch with the RB, if Man Utd it was always Rooney and Neville and Rooney had to be sold, every time, absolutely abysmal design decisions, hard to believe Joe Booth actually got trusted with Fifa08 after that.........

Fuckin hell that's criminal! :SHOCK:

Luckily we've had nothing of the sort on next gen. I really think the CYC from Euro08 is the way it'll be done. Which, with a few tweaks to the rating system, will be perfect :)).

Bit worried about the faster response and reaction times too, this game does not need speeding up...

i believe it does...better reactions and slight speed update. snappier shots and we have the best game ever! imo of course....

Calm down guys. I e-mailed George Jones (person who wrote the article) asking him about the Be A Pro Mode and whether it was a full season or a series of games, he replied:

"However I can tell you that as far as I am aware the Be A Pro Mode will be a full season each team, there are going to be lots of other really cool features related do this but I can't say what they are at the moment".

nice little preview. Shame the writer had to hold so much back though..

can't wait till mid june and we hear the juicy details.

Couple of things I know are in 09.

Players height and weight will play a big part in the game.

And every team will have different playing styles.

Has anyone (who has a life) actually completed 15 seasons of Manager Mode without simming anyway?

1 Player is boring as fuck so i doubt it

and make BAP a sucess they need to have points for each position

Defender get points for tackles, clearences, headers ect and not lose points for losing the ball (when clearing anyway)
Mids will get passes, tackles, assists and lose points for losing the ball
wingers will get em for crosses successful or not, passing, assist ect

you get the idea

And every team will have different playing styles.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Even just to have 2 distinct playing styles, so each team adopts either one style or the other, would be major progress and I doubt we'll see even that in FIFA09.

By "different playing styles" I think he means that teams are given their real formations and their real attack\defence settings, but saying that there was a press release on FIFA 08 saying that they'd done that in FIFA 08 anyway (with the Real Madrid formation being shown which was - at the time at least - something out of the ordinary).

Something that Seabass was doing back in the days of ISS, 10 years ago.

I'd be happy if they just made the shit teams play shit, unlike Euro08 where teams like Faroes play you off the park with immaculate possesion football, then you go out and thrash Germany 8-0.

Not much exciting info i thought there was NDA until mid June ? tut tut.

Yes EA have imposed a strict NDA on FIFA 09 so there won't be much info at all at the moment.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Even just to have 2 distinct playing styles, so each team adopts either one style or the other, would be major progress and I doubt we'll see even that in FIFA09.

By "different playing styles" I think he means that teams are given their real formations and their real attack\defence settings, but saying that there was a press release on FIFA 08 saying that they'd done that in FIFA 08 anyway (with the Real Madrid formation being shown which was - at the time at least - something out of the ordinary).

No I mean for instance some teams will play long direct football, and other a patient passing game.

Also all the leagues will have different styles of football.

No I mean for instance some teams will play long direct football, and other a patient passing game.

Also all the leagues will have different styles of football.

The idea of that is mouth-watering, but like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

They made claims last year about how different styles of football were possible, but it didn't really transpire.

Where did you hear this from, anyway?

The idea of that is mouth-watering, but like I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

They made claims last year about how different styles of football were possible, but it didn't really transpire.

Where did you hear this from, anyway?

The horses mouth.

So the same place they gave us all the promises from last year

No wait that was the horses arse

Are they in depth enough to change the way teams actually play like - wing play, big man up front, pass and move or is this typical EA and its 'defensive, all out defensive, attack, all out attack, conservative, counter attacking ... etc

in cammey we trust.

give man utd and spurs slick one touch passing please. :)

oh and make the ai ACTUALLY pass and move.
...and if you guys are doing that then make the slide tackling more user friendly. i swear in euro2008 the attack would turn their back and run circles around the defence.

Last edited:

yeah in what way are they asking you to do it?

basically just what radiation said haha

I hope they improve the Manager Mode, as that's what i play the most!

- European games played at night time
- Climate changes
- Negotiation weeks all done at once rather than in-between games
- Cup finals played at Wembley etc... not at your home stadium!
- Realistic transfer fee's (ie. Benzema £25million, not £4 million)
- Trophy celebrations

I'd like a difficulty system for manager mode --- easy would mean its possible to sign up big name talent from rival clubs - medium means its difficult but not impossible and hard would mean that teams will only sell a star player if they need to (relegation, no money, player wants a transfer)

I hate seeing teams like bolton coming out of nowhere in my game and signing rooney and then tevez from man utd in the same week

Yeh completely agree, i would love if they made the manager mode remember your success , you would have proper end of season champions celebrations,and you would be regarded as "champions" etc and also personal player awards, like player of the year etc with the trophies going in your trophy cabinet and being removed if you dont win the league/cup the following season etc

I'm not a fan of difficulty settings in games really, if you win on anything but the top level you feel that you have cheated because the AI was not at it's strongest.
I think there should be one difficulty level, "realistic" but make sure that the better teams are a lot better, in FIFA against the AI I feel as if every team is almost as good as each other.

I would like to see skilful players do tricks against me as well, you never see the AI do any tricks at all in FIFA 08, I want to have Ronaldo run rings around me if I use Coventry, not seeing every player from every team having the ability to go on those stupid runs which are impossible to stop with those fast turns.

I hope what Cammey says is right about the different playing styles and height/weight making a difference. I want to see Arsenal passing and moving, keeping the ball on the floor but see weaker teams playing more long ball up to a big man, then build your team up so that you have the players to counter each style, that would only be possible if every player was different, in the old PES games you would want to get rid of the ball as soon as someone like Titus Bramble got it, but in FIFA you feel comfortable with the ball even with the worst of players, it's hard to describe what I mean exactly but it's just the feeling of using each player should be different.

Last edited by a moderator:

I only suggested difficulty setting so they don't alienate the kids who want to play ion easy and sign all the big names - and at the same time they can cater to those who want a real challenge signing players and a more realistic managerial experience

Yeah id love the game to acknowledge it knows what im doing

I'd love to see my players demand more wages or ask for transfers or get annoyed if i sign a new expensive striker - and if you win something you then have more chance of signing some good talent as you can promise them European football etc.

It just sucks hairy balls that EA will never give us the best of both worlds as they have the manager games

Difficulty settings could be integrated into the game through each team being given a difficulty on their star rating:
1 or less - Amateur
2 or 2.5 - Semi Pro
3 or 3.5 - Professional
4 or 4.5 - World Class
5 - Legendary

Probably be the same crap of every team playing as good as each other, I will only believe that there is good AI in the game when I see it, not when EA say so or promise it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom