FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Euro was about gimmicks and attacking, FIFA09 will be the more balanced, realistic and responsive game we are all dreaming of :)).

Completely agree, Euro was a gimmick and they also needed it to be more "exciting" since there isnt as many modes and teams so they made it unbalanced in favour of attacking football with more goals etc. FIFA 08 is IMO perfectly balanced, and if they free up player control slightly improve the reaction times, and add more "feel" to each team then it will be a great game, BTW that 10vs10 could be that new feature, never thought of that. :)

What do you think are the chances of full 10vs10 online for FIFA 09. Im hoping for it. They have perfected 5vs5. Next step is 10vs10.

Nope not this year, but I'm sure it will be in FIFA 2010.

10v10 will be shit anyway. It's impossible to find 10 decent players at the moment, let alone finding 20!!!

As long as they play as a team i dont mind how good you are, i just hate when everyone thinks there Ronaldo and tries to take on the world

That's what I meant by decent, sorry. I didn't mean everyone has to be up to my high standards *cough* ;)). I meant like you mean, people being RB and fucking staying up front :MAD:.

That's why I want a good solid AI in single player. It's almost impossible to find decent players online. Same with gta, though in that game it's not as important as in a sports game.

But maybe asking for a decent AI is even harder than finding 20 decent people around! At least human players are idiot but doesn't cheat you like AI does.

Euro 08 is made by HB studios, nothing to do with fifa 09..

HB Studios only make current gen versions of EA Sports titles (I should know as the wife applied for a job with them recently as we wanted to move to Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, before we ended up in Sweden) :)

10v10 will be shit anyway. It's impossible to find 10 decent players at the moment, let alone finding 20!!!

for you it maybe but tehre is no harm in adding that feature in is there? if they added that it would be like football superstars, that MMO you been raving about

I haven't been raving about it mate. I purely said I've registered on the web site!

I'm quite new to FIFA, so, is there any EA announcement where they say that FIFA 09 will be next-gen on PC?

I remember playing earlier FIFA versions on PC and needed uninstalling in first 10 minutes. :THINK:

But maybe asking for a decent AI is even harder than finding 20 decent people around! At least human players are idiot but doesn't cheat you like AI does.

You will be waiting a lot longer for decent AI than for 20 good players. FIFA/UEFA AI is just one big cheat, almost identical to PES.

But I don't necessarily think 10v10 will be the ultimate football gaming experience. 2v2 is actually often far better than 5v5. My best experiences with FIFA have probably been in 2v2 matches.

I just wish that the AI model didn't start interfering in even 5v5 (or 2v2) matches to give one team an advantage, in horrible PES style. It's not even pure 5v5, but 5v5 with a heavy dose of AI to slant the game in favour of a team at any given time.

And why are they still trying to simulate things like morale and mentality in 5v5 matches? PES started all this nonsense, it ruined their game, and now EA have copied it.

Just give us a clean, unbiased match, none of this made up morale/mentality/home-away AI crap. When I'm controlling a guy, it's my mentality that I want to use. If my team concede a goal, I'll decide if I get down and become less able to play rather than the cpu deciding my guy will now play worse because he's losing.

My biggest advice to EA would be to stop copying everying from PES. PES is full of some utter shit, please be aware of this and approach the development of your game with an open mind, not with "PES has this, so we need to have it too" mentality.

I agree with pretty much all you say, except for the home / away thing. I think the home / away thing works well in FIFA08, with some referees you get absolutely fuck all away from home, just like real life :LOL:.

HB Studios only make current gen versions of EA Sports titles (I should know as the wife applied for a job with them recently as we wanted to move to Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island, before we ended up in Sweden) :)

Ah right, so PS3/360 EURO 2008 was made by the same guys who did PS3/360 FIFA08?

Absolutely love EURO, it feels so right, the way the players stick their legs out to pass is perfect!

So if HB studios make PS2/PC EURO 2008 and someone else makes the FIFAs, is the gameplay much different?

Ah right, so PS3/360 EURO 2008 was made by the same guys who did PS3/360 FIFA08?

Absolutely love EURO, it feels so right, the way the players stick their legs out to pass is perfect!

So if HB studios make PS2/PC EURO 2008 and someone else makes the FIFAs, is the gameplay much different?

No, Euro 2008 next gen was made by the same people who did UCL 07 for next gen.

So will the FIFA guys build on the EURO 2008 engine? Or just scrap all the new animations and stuff?

I would imagine that although they are developed by two different teams, there will be some shared assets, namely animations, etc.

One thing that I hope EA does improve on is the framerate during cutscenes and the way players appear in upclose shots. Sometimes they are really fuzy as opposed to being crisp on PES.

I agree on the passing animations. They are really nice in Euro (the demo at least). I would like to see quicker response times and maybe a little more pace on the ball with long shots in FIFA 09.

I think the players in PES look better than FIFA close up.

The polygon models are MUCH better in PES. FIFA has better skin and cloth textures though.

I hope EA try to combine the 2 in 09.

I hope someone from ea reads this: among the options on line put "team level", which means if i choose a stinky team my opponent will have to choose a team of the same level (they can make up 5-6 levels i guess).

That would put an end to the BS "whatever team i choose vs barca o man united or inter".

I guess it does not take long to introduce this.

What about those lucky fellas that were supposed to try the new fifa 09?? Did they actually play it??

I hope someone from ea reads this: among the options on line put "team level", which means if i choose a stinky team my opponent will have to choose a team of the same level (they can make up 5-6 levels i guess).

That would put an end to the BS "whatever team i choose vs barca o man united or inter".

I guess it does not take long to introduce this.

What about those lucky fellas that were supposed to try the new fifa 09?? Did they actually play it??

that would suck. say if i want a challenge and actualy wanna play has darby county and face barca. make this an option so you can turn it on and off

I agree with charlievolano, we need an option to limit teams. Past 10.30pm on FIFA there are only 5* teams picked! It's fucking ridiculous.

No. Making someone else choosing a team from the same level isn't right. But instead, when searching for an opponent, include an option that would search a certain level. That's different. Or eve have different lobbies for different star levels.

we were mallorca they were chelsea, we won in a be a pro,
we were st eitnne they were liverpool, we won in be a pro,
i love beating the big boys with avg teams...

well said lami. i do laugh at people who complain that they keep playing againts barca online all the time and branding them cheats etc when they themselves can play has another team of a similar level.

fuck being forced to play has charlton for example lol

Be A Pro: Players can create their own pro soccer player and attempt to become a legend by playing through a series of games staged over the course of 4 seasons.

The word "staged" doesn't sound good, seems like what Placebo was talking about on the PC/PS2 versions of CL07 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom