FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

I've been playing as my local team (Cardiff City) for ages online. I played someone the other day and chose them and my opponent went and chose Inter Milan. Tosser but I suppose it's up to him who he chooses.
I battered him but he got a flukey equaliser in injury time. Played him off the park in Extra time aswell but lost 3 - 1. Couldn't effing believe it.
Had about 70% possession aswell.

Much better game than Pro Evo (I was die hard Pro Evo up until last year).
Never thought I would ever say that.

They should put in the Argentine League and Russian Leagues. These leagues have great teams and lots of good players. To be honest if they can put the Swiss, Austria, Czech, Irish and Auzzie leagues in then they should have Argentina and Russia.

IMO the reason why you see leagues like Switzerland, Austria, CZ, Ireland and the like is because there are people in those countries who own next gen consoles and buy original games, the numbers of people in Russia & Argentina who can afford next gen consoles and can afford to buy new games is much lower so there's less for EA to gain by including them.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

I just played my first Fifa match since leaving Singapore, so just shy of three weeks, after having played about 15 Euro matches, played Owls v Blades, lost 3-2 and enjoyed it far, far more than Euro, didn't find it slow and unresponsive at all despite moving back from Euro........

Last edited:

All PES v FIFA posts have been moved to the PES v FIFA thread.

Please lads, only discuss FIFA in here. Any comparisons with PES only lead to bad things.

You've discussed FIFA in the two posts above mine there. Don't be a smartass, just stick to the topic. ;)

Yeah more teams in Rest of The World for sure. AT LEAST all teams competing in the Champions League and UEFA Cup, at the very least!

Hmm, not sure that would work too well. I wouldn't mind seeing transfers in Online League though :)).

Manager Mode Online would be great if you could choose the people you wanted in your game and then add them later if more wanted to join, that would probably be a "revolutionary" feature;) (I know this will never happen:()

I hope they allow you to use manager mode teams online and in normal games.

Big no for that one - do they wanna go down the same route as PES with master teams being able to be used online? It's bad enough with Barca, Inter etc as it is now.

Big no for that one - do they wanna go down the same route as PES with master teams being able to be used online? It's bad enough with Barca, Inter etc as it is now.

Not use Master teams online no. Start an online manager mode with friends should be great fun.

Exactly. if we could start one with reliable people from this place it would be amazing. it would be even better if we could all start from stratch by naming your own club giving them a badge and then everyone starts with generic players. know that alone would make me get the game :)

Exactly. if we could start one with reliable people from this place it would be amazing. it would be even better if we could all start from stratch by naming your own club giving them a badge and then everyone starts with generic players. know that alone would make me get the game :)

football manager live springs to mind

IMO the reason why you see leagues like Switzerland, Austria, CZ, Ireland and the like is because there are people in those countries who own next gen consoles and buy original games, the numbers of people in Russia & Argentina who can afford next gen consoles and can afford to buy new games is much lower so there's less for EA to gain by including them.........

ummmm then why is the Brazilian league included...

How the hell that the team who has conquered africa in the last 5 years not be included and fully researched ?? Al-Ahly should definately be in the next game.. we were just a goal away from being in the fifa club world cup for the third time in a row.. we were only beaten in the final in a strange way.. wat u guys think ??

You play African teams on a lower level status then obviously you have a good chance of "conquering" Africa and have a place in Fifa world cup. Try playing in UEFA Champs League for a change.

After playing Euro for a month I went back to FIFA and I can say it is brilliant! it plays much more realstic for me. Fifa rules

Yeah more teams in Rest of The World for sure. AT LEAST all teams competing in the Champions League and UEFA Cup, at the very least!

Yeah and all teams in the last major international tournament would be good too. Like Iran, Angola, etc.

To be honest I think the reason why they don't have teams like Shaktar, Steaua Bucharest, CSKA Moscow, Zenit etc is so they leave the gate open for a UEFA Champions League game.

It's annoying, before real-life big games it would be nice to be able to play them on FIFA... And while it's really great that I can play Rochdale v Stockport, it's a shame that I can't the UEFA Cup final or the Libertadores Final*. That's 2 of the FINALS of the top three global club tournaments you can't re-create. For a game that prides itself on being the global game it's poor form to have such a low number of Latin American and Eastern European teams.

Even the fake teams which are creeping into the game (like Napoli, Internacional etc etc) would be better than nothing.

*I know if it's Boca v America I can play that, but if LDU get through then there's no option.

After playing Euro for a month I went back to FIFA and I can say it is brilliant! it plays much more realstic for me. Fifa rules
Yea, same here. After playing Euro then going back to FIFA it made me realise how much I love FIFA and appreciate it. And how good of a game it actually is.

That's not ever been a problem for me. I like it that way to an extent, it's more realistic. It does annoy me when I've asked my defender to clear it and he doesn't then the opponent scores though :MAD:. :LOL:

Yea, same here. After playing Euro then going back to FIFA it made me realise how much I love FIFA and appreciate it. And how good of a game it actually is.

amazing isnt it? i was at a friends house before and he told me that he bought fifa and took it back, he said he hated it and now cant stop playing euro, everyone is different obviously

I have no problems with Fifa's responsiveness either, rather this than go the arcade route......

Offline is ok, the problem is, when you play online the lack of responsiveness is so annoying as gk parries in euro 2008.

No chance!!! No where near as much of a problem as gk parries, NO WHERE NEAR :lmao:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom