FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Oh I kinda like that one, the tedious ones are when they go on about the ref playing advantage and how more refs should blah blah, despite the fact that advantage lasted 0.3 seconds before the ref stopped play anyway......

I can't believe that after PES08 they only know suggest that FIFA could be a PES beater.

Maybe it is, but reading the 'improvements' of FIFA09 is no reason yet to think it has improved a lot.
If you see that list of improvements, you see nothing essential, like a better defence or a better keeper or all those other things we discussed.
They are all minor, not so important improvements. What helps it for gameplay that they have hundred-plus more animations? They said it will be faster ( in a way ) and I doubt if that is a good thing.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it will not be a good game; I say I cannot see it from the info we have sofar...

I dont like that they force us to watch the substitutions - and usually you'd think 'ah it must be loading the new model' but on fifa 08 you could press a button and skip the scene showing the new player running onto the pitch and save yourself a few seconds of useless cut scene.

I'd much prefer them to just keep the in game camera and show a linesman holding up the numbers and the 2 players swap over while everything else on the pitch continues.

In fact id love a footie game where when the ball goes off for a throw in the game doesn't skip forwards in time and warp the defending team back. I dont want to have to stand around wating for the fans to pass the ball back... just have a ball boy animation throw the ball back... or if the ball is near the pitch the player grabs that, if its off the pitch area (in the crowd behind the sponsor boards) a new ball is throw to the player.

That and no more of the throw ins where the receiving player gets the ball and pauses as he controls it allowing the ai to walk in front of him and take the ball every time

Last edited:

"Keep the game alive"

I am sure its not Andy Gray saying that line...

I dont like that they force us to watch the substitutions - and usually you'd think 'ah it must be loading the new model' but on fifa 08 you could press a button and skip the scene showing the new player running onto the pitch and save yourself a few seconds of useless cut scene.

I'd much prefer them to just keep the in game camera and show a linesman holding up the numbers and the 2 players swap over while everything else on the pitch continues.

In fact id love a footie game where when the ball goes off for a throw in the game doesn't skip forwards in time and warp the defending team back. I dont want to have to stand around wating for the fans to pass the ball back... just have a ball boy animation throw the ball back... or if the ball is near the pitch the player grabs that, if its off the pitch area (in the crowd behind the sponsor boards) a new ball is throw to the player.

That and no more of the throw ins where the receiving player gets the ball and pauses as he controls it allowing the ai to walk in front of him and take the ball every time

i would love that also. a seamless game of football with no fast forward cutscenes

158 days left until release if the release date stays the same as it was last year (28th September), should be around then because FIFA 07 was out on the 27th September, there seems no real reason for them to change their usual release date by much.

You know what developers should start doing, instead of releasing 1 demo just before release they should release 2 or 3 from around this time of year, over the course, this way we the gamers could test and give feedback to them to see if this should stay or this should go etc meaning the gamers will or should be pretty happy with the final version.

That would be a good way of getting some REAL feedback instead of ass kissing people they bring in from the EA forums.

EA Dev: What do you think of the way we've scripted every shot at 75% power to hit the post?

Kid: It's awesome man!

EA: Note to self... make more shots hit the post in a game

----

I want to see some saveable replays in this year dammit! Im sick of the shit upload feature that never works when you REALLY want to upload a goal - or worse it uploads and then when you watch it its missed off half of your goal!

----

I want to see some saveable replays in this year dammit! Im sick of the shit upload feature that never works when you REALLY want to upload a goal - or worse it uploads and then when you watch it its missed off half of your goal!

That's the PS3 for you, Xbox 360 replay uploads are much more reliable, my success rate is something like 90% at least......

That would be a good way of getting some REAL feedback instead of ass kissing people they bring in from the EA forums.

EA Dev: What do you think of the way we've scripted every shot at 75% power to hit the post?

Kid: It's awesome man!

EA: Note to self... make more shots hit the post in a game

So that's how EA do it, I always wondered :LOL:

You know what developers should start doing, instead of releasing 1 demo just before release they should release 2 or 3 from around this time of year, over the course, this way we the gamers could test and give feedback to them to see if this should stay or this should go etc meaning the gamers will or should be pretty happy with the final version.
Good idea...

Mate get yourself an application form for EA :)

The problem with doing this is it will put people off buying the game and I would lose the excitement of all the previews prior to the game they have inside testers... and a bunch of pro fifa gamers who get to test the game thats good enough for me....

as I like all the build up to getting a demo etc...

I like the idea I just wouldn't be that excited once fifa was released with been able to play all these demo's... even if it was for a 1 week period at a time...

I would much prefer beta testing... for 100-1000 people... who really love the game and have played it for the last 3-4 years... and want it to keep getting better rather than everyone's opinion... aka make the game faster like pro evo...

Guys PSM3 sent me the mag early. Fifa 09 looks shit hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom