FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Got a text off a mate who played FIFA 09 today. Got a text saying:

lucky bastard said:
Its the best footy game I've ever played!

Such a tease :(

what i would like is for them to improve the online part of the game properly:

proper online leagues with 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.it would also be cool if in online leagues your able to do transfers between the teams competing in the league and have online stats for the top scorers in the league and top assists for each player. Basicly making a online manager mode!

do that and we truely have a next gen football game

Assigning playing styles to teams is not very accurate though, they should assign playing styles to managers so that when a manager moves to a team he bring his playstyle to that team.

This way we would have a dynamic manager mode, maybe one year milan plays passing style, but the other year a more direct way. Maybe adding a team preference, which means certain teams are more likely to give contracts to a manager with a certain style of playing.

So when are we seeing the first videos??????Maybe some leak videos???

Last edited:

Assigning playing styles to teams is not very accurate though, they should assign playing styles to managers so that when a manager moves to a team he bring his playstyle to that team.

This way we would have a dynamic manager mode, maybe one year milan plays passing style, but the other year a more direct way. Maybe adding a team preference, which means certain teams are more likely to give contracts to a manager with a certain style of playing.

You have hit the nail on the head - for it to be called a MANAGER mode they should look at how the different managers affect different teams.

As they have it set out now, and no doubt for 09 judging by the way stats are being assigned, everything will be team based.. which will be a huge flaw and cock up how everything plays out (so we'll get chelsea and liverpool in the bottom 5 every season and aston villa challenging spurs for the title every year)

If they set chelsea up to play and work best as passing - and then in manager mode they sign 3 or 4 big men who cant pass... or you sign or another team sign a few of chelseas better passing players ... then they'll become shit!

Got a text off a mate who played FIFA 09 today. Got a text saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky bastard
Its the best footy game I've ever played!

Such a tease :(

Then again, I seem to recall that some of the people who got a chance to play early versions of PES2008 made similar claims....best game ever....so super-smooth....etc.

Yet, by the time it reached the shops, it had transformed itself into a turd.

just seen this on FSB..

Its only been a short while since Euro 2008's release, but already we are anticipating some very exciting news from the world of FIFA!

Its been mentioned on various websites in the US (namely 1up.com) that EA have been showcasing FIFA 09 to journalists at their dedicated gamers day event. Excitable words from many of their reporters have many fans anticipating very good things.

And that has been intensified further by a recent snippet in the latest PlayStation Official Magazine. From a magazine that scored PES 2008 higher than FIFA 08, comes this teasing statement:

FIFA HITS FORM
Whisper it, but we're so impressed by EA's latest that the phrase 'Pro Evo beater' is being bandied around by OPM staff.

Excited? Many websites are having special viewings of FIFA 09 (including us) in the coming weeks, but expect official word from EA mid-June.

I'm glad we have to wait. I don't want to know by now exactly what the next game will have. They simply haven't had enough time since FIFA08 to have achieved much.

EURO08 came out 7 months are FIAF08 and is hardly a vastly different game - just a few simple tweaks to sharpen up the responsiveness. To be honest, I'm not expecting much from FIFA09. I think it'll be FIFA08 gameplay but a little bit different (hopefully better).

I think we'll see a few years of tweaks, or is that just my mind having been polluted by the last few years of stagnation with PES?

I'm glad we have to wait. I don't want to know by now exactly what the next game will have. They simply haven't had enough time since FIFA08 to have achieved much.

EURO08 came out 7 months are FIAF08 and is hardly a vastly different game - just a few simple tweaks to sharpen up the responsiveness. To be honest, I'm not expecting much from FIFA09. I think it'll be FIFA08 gameplay but a little bit different (hopefully better).

I think we'll see a few years of tweaks, or is that just my mind having been polluted by the last few years of stagnation with PES?

euro 2008 was a completely different development team the same team that will make champions league next year and world cup 2010.....

and the team that is working on fifa 09 may use ideas implemented in Euro I don't expect a massive difference as it shouldnt be changed dramtically just remove and improve areas of the game that annoyed people....

more online options... etc and be a pro with more players and more options to kick players etc and theres a game to last me a yr like fifa 08 nearly has done

Euro 08 is made by HB studios, nothing to do with fifa 09.

Fifa 07 showed us they had a good next gen engine, fifa 08 showed they could use that engine to make a good game, fifa 09 will be another big jump ahead since they now can really concentrate on refining the gameplay to perfection.

Euro 08 is made by HB studios, nothing to do with fifa 09.
I had a look on Wikipedia last night and noticed something, meant to mention it but I forgot. It claims that HB Studios only made the current-gen versions, and that another team made the next-gen versions. CHECK IT OUT.

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions were developed by EA Sports while the PlayStation 2, PSP and PC versions were developed by HB Studios.

What do you mean mate? any news on when the first video's will come about ?

Well the event for FIFA 09 had a familar face playing a starring role for FSB, should be amusing for everyone who knows us ;)

EA are going launch a new site to do with FIFA 09 soon focused on community, I presume around mid-June but it could be earlier.

someone posted this on neogaf forum

I was just listening to the Sports Anomoly podcast and when refering to his discussion with the FIFA team at the recent EA show, Zuniga said there will be over 250 improvements made on FIFA 09. To compare, I think Madden has around 85. Granted FIFA has had a bigger hill to climb.

The big change for me that's needed is the lack of AI fowling. In Euro 08 i get on average 2 fowls in the whole match played over 10 minute halves which proves unfair, unrealistic and very frustrating! Also what someone else said, sort out the injuries too. I want a broken leg god dam it!.:SS

The big change for me that's needed is the lack of AI fowling. In Euro 08 i get on average 2 fowls in the whole match played over 10 minute halves which proves unfair, unrealistic and very frustrating! Also what someone else said, sort out the injuries too. I want a broken leg god dam it!.:SS

yes thats very important. also the small things that pisses me off like a shitty league table and not beeing able to play with more than 8 human players

I hop e FIFA 09 is developed by the same guys that did EURO 2008

EURO 2008 is a bigger leap over FIFA08 than FIFA08 was over FIFA07!

I hop e FIFA 09 is developed by the same guys that did EURO 2008

EURO 2008 is a bigger leap over FIFA08 than FIFA08 was over FIFA07!

no no not at all

FIFA 07 was a shocking game compared to what fifa 08 is... its a way bigger leap than 08 to euro

What do you think are the chances of full 10vs10 online for FIFA 09. Im hoping for it. They have perfected 5vs5. Next step is 10vs10.

What do you think are the chances of full 10vs10 online for FIFA 09. Im hoping for it. They have perfected 5vs5. Next step is 10vs10.

if 10v10 is the feature that they have talked about which will change the way sports games play (it could be)

but they have not got 5v5 right yet, so for me it is to much of a step up

i will be happy with a more complete 5v5

Euro was about gimmicks and attacking, FIFA09 will be the more balanced, realistic and responsive game we are all dreaming of :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom