Far Cry 3

They probably mean the hunting missions. Let's say you need to hunt 5 deers with your sniper for a mission, then you need to step into the hunting area on your mini map and the mission begins. You'll see this hunting are where the deers are hiding, step out of that area and the hunting mission ends. Which is common sense if you think about it. Maybe ppl with IQ's below 50 will have trouble staying in the hunting area...

I've not used the fast travel but once which was mandatory because it was in the training. Haven't had to fast travel since and been playing heaps of hours.

Aha that's more reassuring then thanks, and if it's a specific mission like that that's fine, it's like say the random shooting competition missions in RDR if you do something stupid like shoot the guy or ride away of course you fail.

I'm with you on the wallhack, absolutely ludicrous to include it and needs modding out ASAP.

My pain when this wasn't on the doormat tonight......... Damn you shopto for not giving me a game early for once.

Can't compare the two, try reading an FC3 preview before making any assumption.

Im not making any assumptions. i am just saying FC2 was fucking shit mate and dont want to get screwed again.

anyways PC world? nice. there is a PC world near work. tempted to buy the game.

is it really good? nothing like FC2? Is it on steam yet?

does it have off line coop split screen? and if so, is it any good?

Watching various videos of the game yesterday I can tell you that, yes, it does but the reviews said it was "just ok". That was the general consensus of multiple reviews btw.

Someone with the game may come back with a more conclusive reply but thought I'd give you that for starters.

Well apparently if i pre ordered the game on sainsbury's (ordered the other one) i would receive it on release date, note it's now into 3rd day of this game being released, haven't received the copy and apparently my copy had been delivered. really fed up with site's these day's sainsbury's is almost as bad as zaavvi (which im in my 2nd week of waiting for sleeping dogs for the xbox to be delivered as a gift).

just going to avoid from ordering games from site's as much as i can from now on, too much grief.

This is one of those games where you go to do a mission and three hours later you still haven't started it. Love it.

:LOL: I'm the same, i get side tracked every time but the good thing about it is you find some great locations doing it.

The layout of the islands and the detail on them is brilliant.

Many a cave to explore as well. I fell down a big hole i didn't know was there and ended up in some underwater cave, shit me up when i fell down it :LOL:

Game of the last few years for me. While i was looking forward to it i had no idea it would be this good. So So much has changed from Far Cry 2

If you liked that but found there was something missing or just liked the idea of it, Far Cry 3 will blow you away.

The main gripes I had with 2 was the actual movement/ aiming/ gameplay. It felt far too stiff and a tap left or right would always become a large tap left or right... It wasn't precise at all.
And how most of the missions had you travelling for frigging ages only to get shot by someone miles away, through thick bush. You reload and have to start the journey all over again. Then you finally beat the mission, the next mission is nearby so you start that, and of course... The actual mission is the other side of the map.

The games fanatastic. I've been playing a few hours though, and only just realised if scroll down in the shop you can buy bows etc. :FAIL:

Not got any faults with this game yet. It's ace.

Just bought the PC UPLAY version for £12.
Installing it now.

But also quite worried about one of the comments.

"Best games of 2012 Dishonoured and Far Cry 3"

Dishounered is one of the worst games I played in the last 5 years.

Good game, lots of good details and alot of fun and unexpected things. One of the best games of the year for sure. When I have clocked more hours we will see if it's GOTY or not.

I agree is one of the best open world we've ever visited, the attention to detail is impressive.

I love this game.I keep exploring then I realize that I haven't started the objective yet :))
This game is in bad need for HUD options so I can turn them off to increase the realism.
I'd also like to turn the mini map off.Other than that great game.

I sneaked up on some bad guys roasting a pig and one of them was explaining that if he has hot sauce he'll shit his brains out.

Made me laugh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom