Far Cry 3

i'm enjoying this on 1280X800 resolution. because my monitor has only analogue cable socket which doesn't support over 1280X800 res.
(i have once had a really nice one which have been broken down when moving.)

by the way, i wonder how better the quality is if it's on 1920X1080 res.

these are mine captured on 1280X800. i'd like someone to post his pictures captured on 1920X1080.
farcry31m.jpg

farcry32s.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. I've had more fun sneaking and doing takedowns more in this than I have with anything else I can remember, including Hitman Absolution.

Such a good game.

GOTY for me, i need to have a good crack at Hitman as well.

I'm playing AC3 at the minute and that is also a brilliant game.

I had a funny thing happen in the game. I was attacked by two pirates in a jeep, driving alongside my quad bike. Suddenly out of nowhere comes a giant boar of some kind, they hit it, swerve off the road. I then rammed them into the river, their jeep sunk to the bottom.

I then skinned the boar, used the hide to make something, swam down, and stole the pirate's wristwatch :LMAO:

What's the most inventive way people have cleared outposts? I'm trying to think of something really silly.

So far I've done the standard mix of stuff, from

Shooting the doors of animal cages, creeping around disarming alarms then dragging people off into bushes, sniping from long distance, and plain ole' driving in with a truck full of C4.

I did satisfyingly creep into an upstairs area by shooting a tower guard with an arrow, climbed up, then lobbed a couple of C4's onto a nest of those brute guards with the body armour. They freaked the hell out at seeing C4 land at their fee LOL.

I've been playing on the hardest difficulty, which is great as it's far more realistic (a couple of shots and you're down) but man I'm finding it hard. I've only managed to stealth my way around a few outposts, mostly it winds up with three times the number of soldiers all throwing molotovs at me with the alarms wailing in the background. Stealthy, I ain't.

Last edited:
How is the stealth and ai once you've been spotted in this game? Do they instantly know where you're hiding the second you fire a gun and the entire area of guards all come to you. Or is it more realistic where you could be seen in one area, run out of the line of sight and be completely hidden while they search that area?

why are people saying once you take over outposts the game is borign. Does taking over an outpost remove enemies from that area.SO if you remove all outposts there are no ememies driving about anymore or hardly any.

If you leave outposts then there are more enemies in the island.

What is the benefit to takin gout outposts? Just to unlock safehouse is that all?

Taking towers unlocks map views and weapons?

It gives you a variety of stuff from new safe houses, new side missions to play, which all leads to being able to upgrade and unlock stuff. Plus taking an outpost is the most fun thing about the game.

The AI is pretty good, once you're spotted they don't just ignore you if you hide like in other games, but you can hide and they'll lose track of where you are. They'll instantly run to the alarm system and get more guards so it's vital to disable the alarms first. Seeing a guard run to the alarm then freak out because it won't work is pretty funny.

It's a great game but I wish upgrading was more gradual and that there were more guns to unlock. I'm only halfway through the main game but have done tons of the side stuff, I'm now maxed out with virtually all guns unlocked and more money than I can carry.

Hi,

If anyone wants a PC Deluxe uPlay copy I am selling one for £10 or will sell it on ebay.
PM me if anyone wants it. It is also comes with Farcry 1 & 2

Last edited:
I think I'm beginning to get near the end, I'm eeking the game out by doing all the side stuff every time I take an outpost or antenna. I'll go straight to the driving supply drop stuff and do the bulletin board stuff before doing anything else, and also collect all the relics and letter in each area using the treasure maps.

I'm also doing a few little stunts her and there, the wing suit is awesome! The game feels alot easier than it initially did, playing aroun with all the equipment is great fun though.

I never bother collecting stuff in games but I am in this, I'd anything because I'm still loving exploring the island. Definitely the best game I've played in a long while.

New patch has a couple of decent improvements for SP:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753983-New-Features-and-Changes-in-Far-Cry-3

Single Player: Ability to Reset Outposts

A big part of Far Cry 3’s single player experience is taking over the outposts manned by Vaas’s pirates and Hoyt’s privateers. These outposts, when taken, offer a safe place to resupply as well as a base of operations when exploring new parts of the Rook Islands.

Taking over an outpost as a player also presents a fun challenge; everything from how to approach the outpost to what weapons and tactics to use. Hence, a lot of community members have requested to be able to ‘reset’ the outposts, so that they can be taken-over again.

Here is how it works:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.

http://i.imgur.com/dQw6jgm.jpg

Single Player: MASTER - A New Difficulty Setting

For those that have already completed the game on Adventurer, Survivor or Warrior settings and are looking for the next bill challenge, the all-new MASTER difficulty setting will be added in an upcoming patch of the game. Seasoned veterans will find themselves challenged by more aggressive wildlife, tougher pirates, and more deadly privateers. Your skills as a master of the Rook Islands will be tested.

http://i.imgur.com/QZApt30.jpg

I finally got around to playing this. Blood dragon forced my hand.

It was alright. In some places it was awesome. In others, I hated it.

The outposts, I loved trying to take them over and remain hidden. They were lots of fun. I wish the pirates would have tried to take them back at some point. Like in the godfather games or vice city stories... You would get messages warning of an attack and had a few minutes to help defend or lose it.

The actual gameplay and island and things to do. Fantastic.

Hated the crafting.
Hated the QTEs. Far too many.
Hated the 'boss' fights with QTEs
Hated how the story panned out... One second he's freaking out at his brother killing a guard...the next I'm able to around slaughtering animals and men with ease.
Hated the black out moments and the other stupid fantasy parts

The outposts, I loved trying to take them over and remain hidden. They were lots of fun. I wish the pirates would have tried to take them back at some point. Like in the godfather games or vice city stories... You would get messages warning of an attack and had a few minutes to help defend or lose it.

I thought this was added in with one of the later patches?

Oh I'm not sure about that. It's never happened to me. I thought the best you could do was basically go into options and press a button to reset them all back to enemy controlled.

Aha I see maybe it's that then, there's a mod that essentially did the same thing, haven't followed the modding scene so maybe that's been built on now to do it in stages or something.

Is this the same team that made Dead Island?

As it just looks the same.

Just started so early days, but not sure what I think of it already.

FD

Ah right, just seems very alike so far from what I've played.

Probably it's the whole Island thing and the visuals for me just kinda rings bells.

Cheers

FD

Far Cry 3 looks exactly like Far Cry 2 to me... except FC3 has HUD elements all over the place.

Completed it, not really for me to be honest.

The story just panned out silly.

You also have 2 ending choices, the 2nd one (bad ending) is plain stupid. As said earlier one minute it was a scared guy, the next he was Rambo.

Although Dead Island was a bit meh, better than FC3 for me.

FD

Completed it, not really for me to be honest.

The story just panned out silly.

You also have 2 ending choices, the 2nd one (bad ending) is plain stupid. As said earlier one minute it was a scared guy, the next he was Rambo.

Although Dead Island was a bit meh, better than FC3 for me.

FD

I agree on the story being silly, I would've enjoyed the game playing it a bit more straight. Although I guess with their leveling system (learning skills rapidly through tattoos) no matter what their explanation as to how "Jason" turns into Rambo, it wouldn't have made such sense. (I did like the narrative in game where the characters pointed out how extreme Jason's changes were in such a short amount of time. And I appreciated the take on the character that he could never go home now that he's become a killer of hundreds of men... many with his bare hands.)

But, I probably would have liked a simpler story of "rescue your friends, kill the bad guys" without all the mysticism, but I think the gameplay was superb and would recommend on that alone.

I agree on the story being silly, I would've enjoyed the game playing it a bit more straight. Although I guess with their leveling system (learning skills rapidly through tattoos) no matter what their explanation as to how "Jason" turns into Rambo, it wouldn't have made such sense. (I did like the narrative in game where the characters pointed out how extreme Jason's changes were in such a short amount of time. And I appreciated the take on the character that he could never go home now that he's become a killer of hundreds of men... many with his bare hands.)

But, I probably would have liked a simpler story of "rescue your friends, kill the bad guys" without all the mysticism, but I think the gameplay was superb and would recommend on that alone.

I second that

One of the better games of the last few years. One of only a few off the top of my head (Last of us, tomb raider, borderlands 2) I can heartily recommend as being good fun

How do you think it'll run on my machine?

And about Borderlands 2 - I've heard it's only worth getting if you're going to play it with others - is it a good SP game as well?

Back
Top Bottom