Far Cry 3

Sorry to hear that Paul!

Some good news then maybe, you can turn off: the crosshair, aim assist and... the tagging of enemies when viewing them through your weapon!

So if we don't bring up our camera when viewing an outpost we won't have to suffer from the stupid wallhack. ;)

Play.com

Hi Paul,

We have removed the listing from the site as we have sold our allocated stock, but orders already placed such as yours will be fine!

Many Thanks
Ben

12:11
Paul R. Statham

Oh that's a massive relief thank you!!! So presumably it will be dispatched tomorrow all being well with the release date being the 29th?

12:43
Play.com

Hi Paul,

The item will start processing shortly ready for dispatch in time for the release date of the 30th November

Many Thanks
Ben

12:44
Paul R. Statham

Aha right it's the 30th, just don't send me a lightsaber please by mistake (happened previously with Play.com)

Rang my local shop and they said I'll get the game tomorrow... ;)

Really psyched to get started in what should be the best gaming experience this year.

:CURSE::RANT:

Thank you for shopping with Sainsbury’s Entertainment.

Unfortunately, due to a supplier issue, we are unable to fulfil your order for Far Cry 3: Insane Edition, and have cancelled your order. We’re very sorry for this inconvenience.

If you would still like to buy a copy of Far Cry 3 for the PC, we have another version available called Far Cry 3: The Lost Expeditions Edition at £27.99. Please see the link below.

so back on the hunt for decent priced far cry again...

It's been ages since I've looked forward to a game like this. My wife thought it would get better with age but at 35 I'm still going bananas. :)

Samey same here. Couldn't care less about this game until a week ago when all those glorious reviews and Lets plays on Youtube began to pop up everywhere. Now my hype-o-meter is through the roof. Wouldn't have thought in a million years that Ubi would be able to save the series in such an amazing way.

Here's waiting for my Uplay key through GMG to arrive now. Hopefully I won't have to deal with their c(r)apsule download stuff by getting the game image someplace else instead.

Will do, buddy :) What's your nick there?

Didn't have to bother with it until now, so I didn't feel the need to add anyone. I remember having bought Driver San Fran in a Steam sale once only to be immediately turned off by it requiring Uplay to run. Heard they've changed lots of things since then and made it easier to cope with. They better did! :)

Will do, buddy :) What's your nick there?

Didn't have to bother with it until now, so I didn't feel the need to add anyone. I remember having bought Driver San Fran in a Steam sale once only to be immediately turned off by it requiring Uplay to run. Heard they've changed lots of things since then and made it easier to cope with. They better did! :)

What's your Steam and Uplay ID's? I'll add you as well.

What an insanely good game. Everything I love in gaming is in this one game. Bloody love it! Could be the best game I've ever played but I'll get back to you on that once I played it much more compared to only two days.

Some tips to make the game more interesting though: Turn off the aim assist, the crosshair, the tagging with your weapon and play it on the hardest difficulty. And don't use the camera to scout an outpost or you'll ruin your experience with the stupid wallhack.

I'm going back in, if you here a roar, run for your life! :)

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance - looking at this thread makes me think I need this game having not known anything about it before today - would I be right in thinking this is a bit like GTA-meets-Skyrim?

Hmm yeah something like that, I am reading a lot of complaints about being punished for exploration though, like you do a mission and it says now you must fast travel to another location but if you just try to drive/walk there you get mission failed and some are saying on a mission just step off a path by 10 feet and get mission failed, which will be very disappointing if true :(

Prolly worth checking out these new videos: http://gamersyde.com/news_our_videos_of_far_cry_3-13618_en.html

Thanks mate, just watching all of the video reviews now then I'll move onto that link.

Those points you report, if true, could be the difference between me obsessing about this and not thinking about it again - especially the "10 feet off the path" thing.

What's different with deluxe edition? also assuming you need uplay? was hoping it would be steamable

Far Cry® 3 Deluxe Edition for PC includes the following extra in-game content:

Players who pre-order Far Cry 3 will receive The Lost Expeditions Edition of the game. It contains two exclusive missions not available in the regular version. These missions, "The Forgotten Experiment" and "Ignition in the Deep", offer 40 minutes of additional playtime, plus a Type 10 Japanese World War 2 flare gun for use in the game's multiplayer modes.[23]
Players in America who pre-order Far Cry 3 from Gamestop will receive The Monkey Business bonus pack. It includes four more missions "hosted by Hurk and his bomb-carrying monkeys." and "two bonus ways to humiliate your friends" in multiplayer.[24]
Players in the UK who pre-order Far Cry 3 from Gamestation or GAME will recieve the Predator Pack, which includes four new island predators that the player will be able to hunt, plus the Predator Bow, an exclusive multiplayer weapon.

Deluxe is all of that.

Yep, Uplay is always going to be needed for this. It's not on the UK Steam store due to licencing problems but you could ask someone from the US to gift it to you. You'll still need Uplay regardless, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm yeah something like that, I am reading a lot of complaints about being punished for exploration though, like you do a mission and it says now you must fast travel to another location but if you just try to drive/walk there you get mission failed and some are saying on a mission just step off a path by 10 feet and get mission failed, which will be very disappointing if true :(

They probably mean the hunting missions. Let's say you need to hunt 5 deers with your sniper for a mission, then you need to step into the hunting area on your mini map and the mission begins. You'll see this hunting are where the deers are hiding, step out of that area and the hunting mission ends. Which is common sense if you think about it. Maybe ppl with IQ's below 50 will have trouble staying in the hunting area...

I've not used the fast travel but once which was mandatory because it was in the training. Haven't had to fast travel since and been playing heaps of hours.

What an insanely good game. Everything I love in gaming is in this one game. Bloody love it! Could be the best game I've ever played but I'll get back to you on that once I played it much more compared to only two days.

Some tips to make the game more interesting though: Turn off the aim assist, the crosshair, the tagging with your weapon and play it on the hardest difficulty. And don't use the camera to scout an outpost or you'll ruin your experience with the stupid wallhack.

I'm going back in, if you here a roar, run for your life! :)

wallhack? what u mean?

Back
Top Bottom