Far Cry 3

loving this game.

I have tried to do the multiplayer twice but it seems to be broken on the 360.
Does it work for any of you guys?

loving this game.

I have tried to do the multiplayer twice but it seems to be broken on the 360.
Does it work for any of you guys?

Not tried it at all, nor know much about it, having too much fun single player. Is it all co-op or team based?

If anyone wants some mods to remove the dumbing down but is afraid to do it themselves here's my files, this removes unnecessary icons in the minimap, object flashing (like plants and corpses), weapons can be holstered by pressing melee button (or doing any two handed things), use Y/switch weapon key to bring your weapon out again, all weapons now accept max 5 attachments, entry level weapons can have attachments, visuals on the scopes is much improved so you can actually see what you're aitming at, no constant nagging "go do this mission", can't remember what else, all good stuff though :)

The two dll's go in the Far Cry 3\bin folder and the patch.dat and patch.fat files go in the Far Cry 3\data_win32 folder :)

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/b4bfe30f02/
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?fteta07t3x4ult0

I should add none of the credit is mine these are mods I found posted on the Ubi/FC3 PC forum

Nice one paul. Although I am far from a gaming expert so might not be a good idea for me to use

I am keen on a high texture mod if one comes along

my 2 cents: this game would have been much nicer in third person like rdr, batman, uncharted.

I thought the opposite tbh

I felt more involved with a 3rd person view

Completed this last night as well and that doesn't happened very often for me. Enjoyed every part of it

One of my housemates has been playing this on the living room TV, does look decent. Seems a bit too repetitive for me to play for an extended period of time.

The AI is fucking stupid at times as well - oh I've just seen a rock being thrown... I'll (repeatedly) check out where it's landed rather than where it actually came from. Great logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
i played some 5/6 hours, i couldn't really get into the story or any character tbh. One thing i dislike, on the ps3, is the damn poor AA, jaggyness everywhere. I also found the buying and upgrading and crafting stuff a bit tedious.

As far as the game is concerned, they basically took elements from all the other open world games out there and mix them together. the tower thing reminded me of saboteur, the plants and animal read dead redemption etc.

Really disappointed with some of the missions in the game, extremely lazy game design, just got to one where I have to save a friend by sniping enemies, I have a silenced, semi auto, Dragunov with high zoom scope in my inventory, but the shitty game designers decided that suddenly out of nowhere I should be using some loud, bolt action, sniper rifle with unsteady scope, that is just cheap.

Really disappointed with some of the missions in the game, extremely lazy game design, just got to one where I have to save a friend by sniping enemies, I have a silenced, semi auto, Dragunov with high zoom scope in my inventory, but the shitty game designers decided that suddenly out of nowhere I should be using some loud, bolt action, sniper rifle with unsteady scope, that is just cheap.

Yes I hate that.

Finished the game this weekend. The script turns shit towards the end, it was a massive let down. Some missions are great and others are just average. I think the game is great the first 10-15 hours, but I found little joy in the second island and the new characters and some scenes are just dumb.

It was an enjoyable ride, though,with great stealth mechanics, some brilliant missions and a very detailed world. But character development and story is pretty boring teen stuff.

My impressions on some characters and some after-thoughts about the game and the story:
The CIA guy of the first island is a lame character, out of nowhere. Then suddenly he has a plane of his own to go to another country, after having spent 10 years there and not being an official CIA asset? Does it make any sense? My 10 year old niece could write that.

The german-american guy in the second island is just as stupid as the CIA guy. So, he's an infiltrated guy in a band of murderers and he hasn't heard of his contact for 10 years? What? Then, all the "mercenary" stereotypes apply.

I still don't understand which is the role that the "doctor" plays in the script, if any. They just wanted to put someone there to take care of your friends and someone thought it would be cool to put a drug addict that grows his own mariah and says funny things while stoned. Great.

They have Vaas, who has very interesting lines to say and seems to be a good villain. But then they turn him into an idiot (because he WANTS to kill you at least 3 times and he fails every time in pathetic ways). The "lighter" scene is pathetic. I thought Vaas wouldn't be really dead and would reappear somehow. But no, they kill their best character halfway through the game and replace him with Hoyt, who is the most boring character of the whole experience.

Not to mention that one of the most convoluted story arcs tries to get you alone with Hoyt and kill him... when you are already alone with him early in the game and could have killed him very easily! What the hell??

Then, suddenly, in the last third of the game, you "remember" you still had a living brother out there and you do crazy things to save him, and when you do the game prompts you a final decision "save your friends and familiars" or "kill them". Ein? Seriously?

It feels to be written for and by idiots, which really makes the game feel a lot less than what it could.

The game shines at its own, when you're free moving through the world and building your own story. There's a clear progression of success to failure in the moments the game takes the reigns. It begins quite fresh and ends pathetically.

Last edited:
Enjoying this so far - only done about 4 hours though so I've got plenty of time to hit the period where it seems most people get fed up of it.

I'm enjoying the tactical side of the missions; those where you're in a many-to-one (i.e YOU!) situation. Taking people out, going back into hiding.

Some things irritate me, like how the enemy seem to be around almost every single corner which then restricts me from wanting to go searching for plants/animals which in turn restricts my ammo supply etc.

But overall, it's been good so far.

Defo worth the £28 I bought it for from Argos.

Great game, but I dont see the need for crafting syringes at all.

My loot sack is full of plants, but I am thinking I will just sell them all as they seem to be in abundance anyway.

Am I missing something with the use of syringes? Is it something that is maybe more important if you are playing on the hardest level?

I barely use them on Warrior, game is very easy, more so when you clear bases and there's virtually no enemies left. I stayed on two health bars for a long time until the point where the poorly designed, frustratingly scripted missions make it a chore to have such low health, sadly there's a serious lack of balance between the open world part of the game and the linear, scripted missions.

I completed the game this morning. Not bad at all.

Am I missing something with the use of syringes? Is it something that is maybe more important if you are playing on the hardest level?

Only medicine syringes are to be crafted.
And believe me you will need a lot of them during the last part of the game.

trainer users or campers may not need any syringe.
but they should not say the game is so easy.

Guess you're playing Rambo style then? I wonder if you would do the same if it happened to you in real life, gun blazing and running all the time in enemy camps...

I absolutely hate the Call Of Duty style arcade shooters where everyone runs around like headless chickens and die every 10 seconds...

Each his own I guess.

Sneaking about is the best thing about this game

Yep. I've had more fun sneaking and doing takedowns more in this than I have with anything else I can remember, including Hitman Absolution.

Such a good game.

was really enjoying playing this over the christmas but then my xbox got the red ring of death,is there much difference between that version and the ps3 game?

Think this game is going to be the death of my Triangle button as I push it with all my might trying to restore health during frantic attacks!

And just to add, the sneaking element of the game is marvelous.

For some reason didnt play this at all from mid December until yesterday, and i ended up completing it in about 2 hours of play.

Great game, possibly in my top 10 all time list.

Is there DLC coming out for it?

I'm still absolutely blown away by the quality of this game. Only about halfway through, but am leisurely going about the business. Lots of exploration and hunting. Every session features something new and interesting.

My GOTY by a country mile.

Best thing in the game I've experienced so far is that I avoided a tiger by taking a wide berth on it as I left the scene of a recent battle. Decided to turn around and follow the tiger and by the time I caught it in my camera zoom, it had entered a village and was being shot at by four or five gang members.

Random.

Back
Top Bottom