Far Cry 3

It seems like an interesting game. At the moment, it's a "get when cheap" title. For all it's flaws, I loved Far Cry 2, for the single-player anyway. The feel of being pretty much alone in a really hostile environment was appealing and I loved the sneaking around. Enjoyed the fire effects, travelling in that buggy, using C4 and also the dart rifle, though trying to aim an automatic weapon was like trying to stop plait shit and nail it to the wall.

New video was the best yet for me:

YouTube - Far Cry 3 | Island Survival Guide Part 2: "Psychopaths, Drugs and More" (English) 2012 | FULL HD

Hope it's as open and sandboxy as they make out, thinking about getting the insane edition for the bobble head :)

Will definitely be getting the PC version as it's obviously going to look a lot better.

FarCry3_Insane%20Edition.jpg

Couldn't disagree more, the engine was terrific, the story and gameplay design was horrific. It's a shame as the African world they created was absolutely fantastic, looked great and ran really well, but it was just so dead and frustrating with poorly designed missions, scripted spawning AI etc.

Can't wait for this game myself! It's looking like the perfect combination of games like Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Battlefield and Assassins Creed with a compelling story.

just updated first posts incase anyone's interested in reading the reviews

Wish i got it for the pc rather than console but couldn't find a good deal on it.
glad that it's looking very promising though, especially as this was one of the two games i was looking forward to this year

Wish i got it for the pc rather than console but couldn't find a good deal on it.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment....1092482&utm_medium=basefeed&utm_source=google

Insane Edition for £32.99, that's a great deal! :)

All you need to fully dive into the insanity of the island has been put in this Insane Edition: the Vaas Wahine, made by a deranged mind who decapitated a beautiful wahine to put his own head on it; a detailed guide to avoid all the traps of the island; and above all, all digital content that will make you face your insanity!

The Insane Edition will include all the following content in an Exclusive Survival Kit Packaging:

- An Insane Vaas Wahine, a 12cm Wahine with Vaas bobble head

- A survival guide: Discover unique artwork and inside information to help you survive the insanity of the island

- Access all digital content to discover all the secrets of the island:
o Monkey Business: Discover Hurk, a new memorable character and quest giver, and his 4 unique missions. An extra hour of gameplay exclusive to this collector's edition!
o The Lost Expeditions: 2 Suspenseful Action Missions and an exclusive World War II Flare Gun. An extra 40min of gameplay!
o The Hunter Pack: The M700 hunting rifle and its three collector’s skins.
o The Warrior Pack: A handcrafted dagger and two exclusive tribal tattoos
o The Predator Pack: 4 exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow.

For the extra £3m thats very tempting, only downside is not able to play co op as most my friends are on console but on the up, i get alot more for a little bit extra.

I've already ordered my other copy for xbox so looks like i may need to cancel it

Last edited:
Yeah co op doesn't look overall great but it's good they've added in a separate co op campaign so bit interested to see how that play's out

anyway, ordered it for pc now, thanks for the help.

No worries, I mainly went with that one because the bobblehead was cheap ;) Will sit on the wife's desk next to her Abby Sciuto and Sheldon Cooper bobbleheads ;)

So many great reviews,just hope for another Far cry 1 awesome game :)
PS:What about those assists (those arrows on screen,and on map)? Can they be switched off? That really can destroy game..

Last edited:
PS:What about those assists (those arrows on screen,and on map)? Can they be switched off? That really can destroy game..

I hope they can be switched off aswell, really destroys the realism for me when you can see enemies through walls...

Didn't realise 3 was coming out till i saw the adverts this week

Far Cry 2 was a great idea and i enjoyed it for a while but there was a lot of things wrong with it

Can't wait for this now

Oh and the trailer makes me want to watch Blood Diamond again

Damn, is there anything this game doesn't do brilliantly? Biggest contender for Game Of The Year for me.

I have a really bad feeling Play.com are going to cancel my Far Cry 3 PC Insane Edition pre-order at the last minute, they don't carry the insane edition on the store anymore (haven't for weeks) and when I sent them an email checking that I will get the item I ordered 5 days ago they haven't replied :( And if they cancel it so late now there's zero time to get the Insane Edition for PC at a similar price :(

Edit: Contacted them via Facebook, actually got a reply that way:

Hi Paul,

We have removed the listing from the site as we have sold our allocated stock, but orders already placed such as yours will be fine!

Many Thanks
Ben

As long as they don't send me a lightsaber...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom