Far Cry 3

This game you easily can get into a trance and time fly's by.

One of the better game's I've played over the last few year's

WTF?

wtf.png

Last edited:
The first mods from Vetrix2011:
Unpack in the folder data_win32\

Disable icons of enemies on the minimap
http://rghost.ru/41927436

Hardcore - disable icons of enemies, relics, cars, boats, gliders, plants, treasures and alarm on the minimap
P.S. the main map are still visible, but the mini-map them now not)
http://rghost.ru/41928486

Same as in Hardcore mode + removed this icons:
3352249.jpg

http://rghost.ru/41931118

Removed icons above the heads of the enemies in the allocation cam and enemies on the minimap
http://rghost.ru/41931392

Removed icon over enemies in the allocation of their camera down, removed from the minimap: enemies, treasures, plants, vehicles, boats, gliders, kits, alarm
http://rghost.ru/41934665

Hardcore mode + Removed icons quickly move from the map, will now go on foot or by transport
http://rghost.ru/41944343

Enjoy
Original thread at UBI forums http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734046-Mods-for-Far-Cry-3

I'm using the last one "Hardcore+ removed icons" Its the biggest file as it contains all of the above.
Enjoy ;)

I need some hunting help if anyone is good at it?

How do you kill the black panther using just a bow? Hitting it then trying to kill with the knife does nothing. It keeps mauling me to death.

I need some hunting help if anyone is good at it?

How do you kill the black panther using just a bow? Hitting it then trying to kill with the knife does nothing. It keeps mauling me to death.

The only way I have found is to hit 'slow motion' (If you have collected that perk?) when it jumps at you, then you can manoeuvre below it while it is in the air and use the knife to stab it into its belly.

The only way I have found is to hit 'slow motion' (If you have collected that perk?) when it jumps at you, then you can manoeuvre below it while it is in the air and use the knife to stab it into its belly.

No not unlocked that, will do more missions, get it, then try that. Cheers

Another mod that's really needed ASAP IMO is to stop the bushes from flashing, so fucking stupid, it's obvious which ones have something that can be harvested, having them flashing all the time just distracts from the atmosphere of the game.

Another mod that's really needed ASAP IMO is to stop the bushes from flashing, so fucking stupid, it's obvious which ones have something that can be harvested, having them flashing all the time just distracts from the atmosphere of the game.

Agreed.

I'm really enjoying this game but once again a games company have pandered to the lowest common denominator by making everything ridiculously obvious and easy. It totally ruins the immersion and atmosphere of the game.

Are gamers who are over 18 (at least you should be to play this game kiddies) REALLY so stupid that they have to be led around by the hand everywhere? Did we really need enemies to be tagged so we can see them through walls? Did we really need everything of use flashing like a fucking beacon in the middle of a jungle?

Half the fun of a game is messing about with it and discovering what you can and cant do, what is of use and what isn't. You cant really go wrong in this game though.

It's a real shame they saw fit to dumb it down so much.

I don't have any problem with games catering for the big masses and dumbing down things in a game...

As long as the hardcore player is given the tools and options to not suffer it. Which sadly is not the case in this game. If they had put the option to disable all those blatant markers and hints, the game would be a masterpiece in all senses.

I agree, what's the point of having three different skill levels when Warrior (ie the hardest supposedly) still has all the derpy flashing shit all over the screen? Also disappointed in the amount of random enemy patrols, hope that gets tweaked as well as a mod so that capturing a base doesn't remove all enemies within 5 square miles etc.

ATM I'm not sure if I want to keep playing it.It became boring as the game is very easy even on Warrior.
Also the lack of pirates makes no sense after taking camps.They must try to take them back.
At first it was nice to hide from enemy patrols to avoid engaging with them but after awhile I can't see patrols at all.
It's a shame that they ruin such a great game with stupid decisions.I hope they care and patch it.

ATM I'm not sure if I want to keep playing it.It became boring as the game is very easy even on Warrior.
Also the lack of pirates makes no sense after taking camps.They must try to take them back.
At first it was nice to hide from enemy patrols to avoid engaging with them but after awhile I can't see patrols at all.
It's a shame that they ruin such a great game with stupid decisions.I hope they care and patch it.

I would suggest to keep playing because the southern island is a whole other ball game. The northern island is like a walk in the park compared to the other...

All of the above, I'm also on warrior and the game is still piss easy, such a shame, it's like they dumbed it down for 10 year olds in just about every way imaginable.

@Scorpio, really hope so because other than taking the camps on the first island there's very little challenge to things, should still be random patrols for areas of a camp you've taken, sometimes camps getting re-taken etc. etc.

I would suggest to keep playing because the southern island is a whole other ball game. The northern island is like a walk in the park compared to the other...
I'm still in the northern island.If southern is like you say,then I'll keep playing.Thanks ;)

Northern Island is harder but it still isn't really that hard because of the weapons and skills you've acquired by then.

Northern Island is harder but it still isn't really that hard because of the weapons and skills you've acquired by then.

You probably mean the southern island? I've got pretty much every skill but am getting my ass handed back to me full of bullets. I'm on warrior difficulty. I'm beginning to miss the drunken pirates... :)

You get spotted much quicker 2 in the southern half... ;)

does 2nd island look different scenary wise?

Only played 5hrs is the 1st island all the same also? only explored a bit off it probs? Just done the mission on the ship to get the artifact sword thing

I had one of those omg moments

I was playing this, exploring and not played much of it. Had my gaming headset on and was concentrating on th e game

As I am walking into the river, my son says do you think anything is dangerous in there and before we knew it something jumped out of the water and attacked me, we shit ourselves laughing

It was a crocodile, so I wrestled and killed it.

Loved it

You probably mean the southern island? I've got pretty much every skill but am getting my ass handed back to me full of bullets. I'm on warrior difficulty. I'm beginning to miss the drunken pirates... :)

You get spotted much quicker 2 in the southern half... ;)

Yeah i meant the Southern :LOL:

I'm on warrior as well

How do you go about it?

From the get go i was taking people out from a distance with a silenced sniper and shooting with silencers when you're in the base and using takedowns.

Doing it all from distance is the easiest for me because i get up and as high as i can so i can see exactly where they're looking and walking and i use the camera thing to mark them and take them out 1 by 1 or after i've marked them from above i go down, sneak about and take each one about shooting or using takedowns trying to get to the alarm early if i can in case they do see me.

Trying to go in sneaky does take a while though. Im hiding behind doors throwing rocks haha. You see some good stuff as well if you use some of the takedowns that take multiple people out at once.

And if you do get caught it is very hard but with the right setup you can get though it :)

I forgot about the shooting cages with animals in as well if i see them, that gets rid of couple of them at least sometimes all of them :LOL:

I don't use the camera personally as when they're marked it makes it far too easy. I like the game now with all icons removed so once you lose sight of an enemy you have no idea where they are until they spot you up close, makes the game much harder :)

In a statement sent to Kotaku:

Based on feedback from both press and fans, the Far Cry 3 production team is working on a patch that will allow you to toggle most HUD/UI elements based on player preference. The patch will also avoid issues encountered in the .dll hack that might create a mission walkthrough break (missing QTE prompts, critical information, etc;). The team is excited about how the Far Cry 3 community and fans of the game are enjoying themselves, and finding new ways to experience the Rook Islands. More news will be coming on the patch shortly…
http://kotaku.com/5966623/far-cry-3-patch-will-let-us-remove-annoying-pop+ups

I fell for all the hype on here yesterday, and picked a copy up on the way home. I don't usually play any other games bar PES and UFC, so purchasing Hitman and Far Cry 3 in one month is very, very rare.

I must say though, the hype is justified, it blew myself and my son away immediately. What an amazing game this seems to be. We started on Warrior for the challenge, and with myself being pretty shit at FPS games (my son is very good with them though) it feels like an excellent balance.

Last edited:
Good stuff Jimmy, great to hear from someone with a similar game thing to me, I'm always very wary of FPS'.

Back
Top Bottom