Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's being doing funny things lately.

lol........yeah Polakis is Chicken Oriental. I swear this guy will assassinate that Seabass character from Konami if he doesn't put in more Greek teams.

Yeah same old stuff really as you said. About 3 million people going crazy mental and then a month later they're sending off a petition to Konami saying how flawed and sh!t the game is. Bet you it happens.

FD

T Butcher fan said:
Prof, large amounts of salt should probably be taken with this, but I have heard we have had an offer of about £8 million accepted by West Ham for Joe Cole.

I won't believe it till I see him wearing a blue shirt and a cheesy grin though..... :D

Where did you hear that? Its kind of been expected/ a rumour since West Ham went down hasn't it, buut i didn't realise we had made a bid as of yet. Mind you, Thursday is the CL registration deadline. Cutting it fine wit Veron too.

Yeah i saw £6.6 million. I'd be happy with Cole though. With Zola gone, we need a new creative mind supplying the strikers (not that Cole is anywhere near Zola standards, but he's got time on his side). I think it'll help his International place too.

Dazza. said:
Chelsea have agreed a fee of £6.5 million for Joe Cole :shock:

Well I guess that means Veron won't be going to Chelsea

Agreed fere of £15 Million for Veron.. :)

We have the best and largest squad in the world?

Dazza. said:
Chelsea have agreed a fee of £6.5 million for Joe Cole :shock:

Well I guess that means Veron won't be going to Chelsea

double :shock: :shock:

Chelsea are absoloutely ripping Watford to bits ;) haha. If Chelsea aplay like this in the new season.. and are consistant the Title is ours to take.

Forssell... Duff... Geremi.. Gronkaer.. Lampard.. drool ;).

surely lampard will be on his way out, unless hes moved to play as a dm from now on.

Nice, confident win over Watford. (Watford 1 - 4 Chelsea). I don't think Lampard will be iut. I think we'll see Ranieri instituting a squad rotation every so often, but i do reckon he'll try to field his first starting 11 as often as possible. If anything we might see players like Keenan and Kniessl being loaned out for a while. This may take a few games into the season to see who plays best with who, but hey, how exciting is it going to be, especially once J Cole and Veron are onboard. :D

These are strange times! Lot's of great players in now, but as usual I still have my worries!

Defensively we are letting in some really soft goals, we are still lacking a 'bossy' CM and up front we are lacking a goalscorer of genuine class. Jimmy has lost something (confidence? pace?).

I believe we are signing the right players for the long term (and I'm more than happy with that way of thinking) but in the short term I think we are still way off competing with Man U (and maybe the goons).

3rd and a good run in the CL will do me this season. ;)

I think we need a great big bastard who can hold up the ball and score goals with head and feet. His name is Vieri.

I wouldn't want to sign anyone unless they were totally top draw, Carlton and Mikael are virtually ready for the Prem so I definitely wouldn't want to see some lazy fancy dan come in to the squad and push them back down the pecking order. Jardel is a good player, but can you see him doing the biz against Leicester on a wet Tuesday night in December?

Why don't Chelsea sign Kezman from PSV? The guy is a great finisher.

Manchester United have confirmed to the Stock Exchange this morning the sale of Juan Sebastian Veron to Chelsea for £15m.
The Argentine midfielder will complete his move to Stamford Bridge subject to agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
The deal is set to go through before Thursday's Champions League deadline and will finally end a long running transfer saga.
"They have accepted our bid of £15m," confirmed Chelsea chief executive Trevor Birch.
"Now, providing he wishes to speak to us, we can proceed with negotiating personal terms and putting him through a medical."
£2.5m of the total fee is dependent on Chelsea's success over the next four seasons.
Veron joined United from Lazio for £28.1m two years ago, but has failed to find his best form in the Premiership. However, he produced a man of the match performance in the recent friendly victory against Juventus, which led Sir Alex Ferguson to insist the international was staying at Old Trafford.
The news comes just a day after Chelsea agreed a £6.6m fee with West Ham for England international Joe Cole.
Should the two deals go through it will take Roman Abramovich's spending to almost £60m following his takeover of the club in June.

T Butcher fan said:
I think we need a great big bastard who can hold up the ball and score goals with head and feet. His name is Vieri.

I wouldn't want to sign anyone unless they were totally top draw, Carlton and Mikael are virtually ready for the Prem so I definitely wouldn't want to see some lazy fancy dan come in to the squad and push them back down the pecking order. Jardel is a good player, but can you see him doing the biz against Leicester on a wet Tuesday night in December?

True on all accounts there Terry, Vieri is the man. Although, if we were to sign a new striker, he wouldn't be eligable for the CL after Thursday.

One more post and you hit 1000 Terry :D . Champions League here you come. :mrgreen:

Prof, that's only for the qualifier. The deadline proper is the 1st of September. Plenty of time yet - but I'd like everything done and dusted asap so Claudio can start working on the team.

We're leaving it a little late....

Professor Nutmeg said:
One more post and you hit 1000 Terry :D . Champions League here you come. :mrgreen:

1001 posts! Not bad for a man who's only about 6 months a year!

Davids signing for gooners - you heard it here first.

T Butcher fan said:
Prof, that's only for the qualifier. The deadline proper is the 1st of September. Plenty of time yet

anim-smile02.gif
Whoops.

Anyway, whose going to get the no 10 shirt? Veron or Cole? Quick quick, whoever signs first gets first choice.

:mrgreen:

No....I meant were JC and JSB both No 10 for their teams last year.

Don't think we had a 10 last year did we?

Hmmm, fancy Cole to stay 26. Don't think anyone will want the 25 shirt. Seba is a good shout for 10 in that case!

So what the deal with this Seba thing, how do Chelski fans feel about it. Its funny the amount of scousers and city fans have been saying how our midfield has lost a key player yet two weeks ago I was being told by everyone how sh*te he is.

Im amazed at the deal when you think we're getting more up front than we did for Beckham??

I think he's a great player, one of the best passers of the ball ive seen at OT but he when he arrived our midfield was perfect and he found it hard to be the main man like he was at Lazio. I think the Ran man will be a better coach for him than Fergy if just the language barrier alone and with Fergy being a bit of a hardman the fact that Seba pulled out of more tackles than I* dont know what (that will suit him to chelski's way of playing though) always went against him....-

I can't make head or tail of it to be honest. Fergie says he's staying, then Kenyon says he's accepted an offer, then Veron comes for talks - even though it would appear his manager still wants him there. There is more to this than meets the eye, that's for sure.

On the football side, I'm pleased he's signing (if he does - there's bound to be another twist! :roll: ) I remember him beating us up when he was with Lazio. We have lacked someone with a an eye for a pass since Gullit, and then DiMatteo, retired.

I also think we'll get more out of him than you did - he'll want to prove a point in the PL, Ranieri will be able to talk to him on his level, and we also play a slower less direct brand of football.

My only worry is the balance of the team. And the fact that I'll never ever see him make a tackle!

Yeah, i also think Veron will be out to prove a point, and i think he'll be under less pressure to perform, imo, then when he signed for Man Utd. And i think his play will suit our style.

How can Joe Cole be worth £6.6m and Veron £15m? :roll: Veron just hasn't done anything in the Premiership to be worth £15m!!!

What's weirder is Glen Johnson £6 mill, Joe Cole £6.6 mill. Only 600k difference?

Not that I'm complaining, mind. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom