Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hutch said:
Zico said:
hutch said:
Adonis said:
whats this news Im hearing about Chelsea close to signin Emerson today?

If they do that then they will very strong, they need someone like that in Midfield to control the centre.

Roma said they'd give their name to FIFA for an illegal approach or something. Cant see him going myself. The midfield of Gronkjaer, Lampard, Geremi and Duff looks frightening though up to now.

Yeah it would be interesting to see who would get the chop, surely they wouldn't leave Lampard out.

They'd probably stick Geremi on the right and drop the Gronk. Gronkjaer's a quality player though in my opinion.

Yeah i know what you mean about Gronkjaer being a quality player, but he needs to work on his crossing to make him a truely great player.

Zico said:
hutch said:
Zico said:
hutch said:
Adonis said:
whats this news Im hearing about Chelsea close to signin Emerson today?

If they do that then they will very strong, they need someone like that in Midfield to control the centre.

Roma said they'd give their name to FIFA for an illegal approach or something. Cant see him going myself. The midfield of Gronkjaer, Lampard, Geremi and Duff looks frightening though up to now.

Yeah it would be interesting to see who would get the chop, surely they wouldn't leave Lampard out.

They'd probably stick Geremi on the right and drop the Gronk. Gronkjaer's a quality player though in my opinion.

Yeah i know what you mean about Gronkjaer being a quality player, but he needs to work on his crossing to make him a truely great player.

i gotta agree, for no particular reason, i feel gronkjaer is the man to b replaced, no reason, i dont get it...

-azn

So is this true that Veron will get £100,000 a week from Chelsea! :shock:

Zico said:
So is this true that Veron will get £100,000 a week from Chelsea! :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

No wonder he changed his mind about going!!!

Agent "Seba, Chelski are interested in signing you"
Seba "Nah, its a step back from United, I won a Championship here and will no doubt get more silverware"
Agent "they will pay £100K a week"
Seba "where do I sign??!!??"

Hey, guys, what do you think? It looks as if van Bommel might sign for us, as he looks keen. I reckon he'd be good, we don't have a real midfield general, and vB would fill that gap. You can see what Ranieri is trying to do my attempting to sign Emerson or van Bommel. He's got a cracker of a shot too.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Hey, guys, what do you think? It looks as if van Bommel might sign for us, as he looks keen. I reckon he'd be good, we don't have a real midfield general, and vB would fill that gap. You can see what Ranieri is trying to do my attempting to sign Emerson or van Bommel. He's got a cracker of a shot too.

sh*t is there anyone chelski aint signing :roll:

If they sign VB & Seba along with the signing of Duff, Geremi then surely Lampard, Zenden, Stanic, Petit and Gronkear are all for the scrap heap....

Anyway VB is crackin player he scored a screamer against England a couple of seasons ago.

If Chelsea keep signing players of the quality that they are RUMOURED to be interested in, then they could enter 2 teams in the Premier League and do very well.

Don't think that Van Bommel would fancy being a squad player as there would be so many midfielders there already.

So just to take the subject slightly off of transfers!?!?!?!

Who has a ticket to a chelsea game this year??

I have two so far!

Leicester and Newcastle games :mrgreen:

let me know who is goin to what games and who knows, we could all meet up for a big pish up!!!! ;)

Anyway Prof, watched the Press confernce at lunchtime. Someone asked Duffer if he thought anyone else would be signing for us - he turned to Claudio and they started laughing. No idea if that is a good sign or not - we are crying out for someone to boss the middle of the park.

T Butcher fan said:
Anyway Prof, watched the Press confernce at lunchtime. Someone asked Duffer if he thought anyone else would be signing for us - he turned to Claudio and they started laughing. No idea if that is a good sign or not - we are crying out for someone to boss the middle of the park.

Absolutely, did you hear that we are chasing van Bommel? A cheaper alternative to Emerson. I think he'd be a good acquisition, and he's got a rocket of a shot too.

Yep, not sure how good he is - don't think I've ever seen him play, but I think that now we have the money, we should really make sure that whoever it is, he can be classed in the same category as Vieira and Keane. Have you seen much of Emerson?

If we can't get whoever it is this summer, then I'm sure Petit and Nicolas can fill the whole for a year. I think 3rd and a good run in the CL would be a good season for us this year (unless we sign anyone else soon) because to be honest, we've only fixed one problem position (LW), whilst strengthening positions where we were just OK.

True, true, i think people are expecting to win everything now, but a good season would be finishing better than last season. Although, it would be nice to have a good CL run. Haven't they changed the format from this season? ie only one group stage then knockout. As for vB. Did you ever see that Holland vs England game where he scored a screamer past Seaman from way out. Anyway, he's the current PSV captain which says something at least. I don't thinknthere is a midfielder quite like him at the bridge at the moment. Petit is bound to get injured at some point in the season, so we need more defensive minded midfielders. Emerson from what i've seen is a good player, very influential in the midfield at Roma.
How about the opening fixture of the season? same as the closing one of last season. Hope we get off to a good start.

It's a good opener. To be honest, I'd be disappointed if we get beat, No Gerrard and Hamann - our best chance in a long time.

We need to put about 10 games together unbeaten at the start (And not as many draws this time Claudio!)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Haven't they changed the format from this season? ie only one group stage then knockout.

Yep, this time the 2nd group phase is replaced with a second round 2 legged knockout stage. much better this way as gives more importance to the first phase and it is less stessfull on theplayers as they play less games.

NICE to se CHEL$EA are trying to buy the title AGAIN :roll: Hope it all goes wrong AGAIN.
Captain Birdseye can also SHUT HIS MOUTH :)

liam_oasis_2k2 said:
NICE to se CHEL$EA are trying to buy the title AGAIN :roll: Hope it all goes wrong AGAIN.
Captain Birdseye can also SHUT HIS MOUTH :)

But it makes the Premier League better mate!

its only makes the premier league better, if it goes wrong and we can all laugh a CHEL$EA :D

ST holder, for my sins.

Looking forward to it, although we won't challenge for the title this year - We looked a little ropey on Saturday.

Didn't get to see it, but i heard Geremi got a 25 yard free kick. Now that Zola's gone and JF isn't always on the pitch, it looks as if Geremi will be getting his fair share of them. He scored some good ones for Boro I recall.

T Butcher fan said:
This one on Saturday was fantastic! Forsell's goal was very good too.

Hey there T not seen you on here for abit, lookin forward to the Russiona Revolution??

Ive always thought Forsell is a really promising playerhe had a good spell at Palace but seems to have fallen of the radar since, is he staying at the club??

Yeh, he's staying but I think a season on the bench awaits. Eidur and Carlton will be the first choice I think - JFH will hopefully sort out a deal to Spain soon.

As for the revolution - it's great knowing we're not living on borrowed time anymore. I'm a bit nervous that we have brought so many players in so close to the season and unfortunately we still haven't got ourselves a CM - so I'm not overly expectant on us winning anything.

I think if we can put together a few good results in the first 10 games, we should have a good season but I think it's the mancs for the taking again this year. I'd be happy with third.

T Butcher fan said:
Yeh, he's staying but I think a season on the bench awaits. Eidur and Carlton will be the first choice I think - JFH will hopefully sort out a deal to Spain soon.

As for the revolution - it's great knowing we're not living on borrowed time anymore. I'm a bit nervous that we have brought so many players in so close to the season and unfortunately we still haven't got ourselves a CM - so I'm not overly expectant on us winning anything.

I think if we can put together a few good results in the first 10 games, we should have a good season but I think it's the mancs for the taking again this year. I'd be happy with third.

Well its defo a change from a few months back when it looked like chelsea would go tits up, but spending all this money brings the pressure to win things.

RainMan is a good coach but very defensive and wth Zolas unimittable flair gone its hard to see where its gonna come from now, yeah Duff is promising but Zola he aint.

But as with most things football related you just never know, its not like you havent had a few trophies over the past few years but its the league that most chelsea fans want if just to stop us singing......

"have you ever seen chelsea win the league"

The league would be nice but I'm in no hurry. Maybe next year - as it is our centenary.

We need a CM though and it increasingly looks like we are out of luck this year..... :roll:

Prof, large amounts of salt should probably be taken with this, but I have heard we have had an offer of about £8 million accepted by West Ham for Joe Cole.

I won't believe it till I see him wearing a blue shirt and a cheesy grin though..... :D

Hey TB, when did you get back?

You have once against returned, timed it in conjunction with the release of WE7, eh!! :D

Good to have you back old chap! ;)

FD

Hello Dear boy! I see you are up to your usual tricks!

I do tend to disappear, but only because works gets a bit hectic. My internal clock ALWAYS tells me when there is a new WE/PES game coming out.

Not a lot has changed has it? - exactly the same posts as when PES2/WE6 were released. very funny - especially Polakis. He is my new hero.

What's wrong with the forum though? It keeps closing down on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom