Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veron just hasn't done anything in the Premiership to be worth £15m!!!

I think it might be his time to do so. I think we all know his skill, and how valuable he can be on a good day. I don't think Veron was ever totally comfortable with the position he played at Manu.

Here's hoping he'll get a good one in Chelsea. ;)

T Butcher fan said:
What's weirder is Glen Johnson £6 mill, Joe Cole £6.6 mill. Only 600k difference?

Not that I'm complaining, mind. ;)

Cole is the buy of the decade IMO he'll be better for Chelski than Seba, he can dribble pass score goals, considering we missed out on Ronnie he wouldve been the ideal replacement, but Chelski have got the big dollars and that talks....

They've gotta be joint faves for the title this year :shock:

Nah - money doesn't buy success! I'd be happy with finishing above the goons - and Leeds going down with Spurtz.

T Butcher fan said:
Nah - money doesn't buy success! I'd be happy with finishing above the goons - and Leeds going down with Spurtz.

LOL!! You can try and play it down all you like T but the footballing world will be expecting big tings from Chelski this season.

But in spending all this money he has done the right thing by bringing in alot of UK based talent, I mean Johnson,Bridge,Cole & Duff not too mention Terry (excellent defender!!) and Lampard should be the backbone of the team, thats why we're so succesfull cos of the english players and then obviously complimented by the Seba's Jimmy's etc will make Chelski contenders this season.

chelsea's new squad no's

duff-11
johnson-2
geremi-14
bridge-18

zenden who was no11 is now 24 while 7,10 are vacant at the moment

7-cole?
10-veron?

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
LOL!! You can try and play it down all you like T but the footballing world will be expecting big tings from Chelski this season.

Granted - but a good start to the season and I think we'll be alright. The most pressure we'll have all season is probably our first 3 or 4 games.

T Butcher fan said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:

Granted - but a good start to the season and I think we'll be alright. The most pressure we'll have all season is probably our first 3 or 4 games.

the game against the scousers will make interesting viewing!!

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
the game against the scousers will make interesting viewing!!

It's the one against Zilina that I'm most worried about! Good result in that one and then I'll take each game as it comes, Clive......

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
T Butcher fan said:

But in spending all this money he has done the right thing by bringing in alot of UK based talent, I mean Johnson,Bridge,Cole & Duff not too mention Terry (excellent defender!!) and Lampard should be the backbone of the team, thats why we're so succesfull cos of the english players and then obviously complimented by the Seba's Jimmy's etc will make Chelski contenders this season.

Yup, ive got to say all credit to Chelsea for bringing in all these British and Irish players.

don't worry Misfit i saw your post ;) Thought i'd post this anyway as i had already copied it.

Chelsea FC Squad Numbers so far:

2. JOHNSON, Glen
3. BABAYARO, Celestine
6. DESAILLY, Marcel
8. LAMPARD, Frank
9. HASSELBAINK, Jimmy Floyd
10. COLE, Joe
11. DUFF, Damien
12. STANIC, Mario
13. GALLAS, William
14. GEREMI
15. MELCHIOT, Mario
17. PETIT, Emmanuel
18. BRIDGE, Wayne
20. VERON, Juan Sebastian
22. GUDJOHNSEN, Eidur
23. CUDICINI, Carlo
24. ZENDEN, Boudewijn
26. TERRY, John
27. NICOLAS, Alexis
28. OLIVEIRA Filipe
29.   HUTH, Robert
30. GRONKJAER, Jesper
31. AMBROSIO, Marco
32. FORSSELL, Mikael
33. KITAMIRIKE, Joel
36. KEENAN, Joe
37. KNEISSL, Sebastian
38. DI CESARE, Valerio
39. COLE, Carlton
40. PIDGELEY, Lenny    

Zico said:
Yup, ive got to say all credit to Chelsea for bringing in all these British and Irish players.

If they was just bringing in foreign players I wouldnt think that much of it but cos of all the UK players (specially J.Cole) I know it will make them stronger cos come winter when it gets tough it'll be the english players that pull you thru IMO

If we can have United, Arsenal, Chelski, LFC, Newcastle and another team (maybe everton/blackburn) all challenging for the top four places it could be the best season for years....

16/08/03 CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Zico said:

If they was just bringing in foreign players I wouldnt think that much of it but cos of all the UK players (specially J.Cole) I know it will make them stronger cos come winter when it gets tough it'll be the english players that pull you thru IMO

If we can have United, Arsenal, Chelski, LFC, Newcastle and another team (maybe everton/blackburn) all challenging for the top four places it could be the best season for years....

16/08/03 CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah, i just hope the refs don't wreck this season. :mrgreen:

Professor Nutmeg said:
No way! heh heh Cole wants to be the new Zola doesn't he :mrgreen:

I hope so! He's got a couple of years till he comes anywhere near as good as Zola. Pleased we signed him though - he's our 'fantasy' player!

Press conference in a minute - I'm hoping it's some shock signing but I know they are just unveiling Cole and Seba (as I am now calling him ;) )

Professor Nutmeg said:
What's this about a £6.9 million swoop for Samuel Eto'o of Real Mallorca. They've apparently agreed a fee. :shock:

Nah.. Don't read into things prof. We may get him, but I'm not super sure. PLus with Forsell, Cole and :) Eidur Gudjonnsen we have 3 potentially world class strikers. E G is probs the most similar player you'll find to Rául for instance.

Also I don't think the fee is that low.

Net...

Eto'o is a bargain at £6.9 million. If you doubt that, then just remember that Liverpool were stupid enough to spend £11 million on Heskey :roll:

they were saying 18 million euros on sky sports i think.
The guys a legend as well, i was preying spurs would sign him after he dedicated his goal against england to the spurs fans cus he megged campbell :mrgreen: . Then he has to spoil it all by having a blinding season and getting good teams interested :x .

MoodyB said:
Eto'o is a bargain at £6.9 million. If you doubt that, then just remember that Liverpool were stupid enough to spend £11 million on Heskey :roll:

youre right,i clearly remeber chris sutton........

I think Eto'o will replace JFH and that can only be a good thing!

JFH is without a doubt the laziest B*stard in the world!!!! :x

Bring the title to the bridge boys!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Terydinho said:

well mate The New(est) Trophy is at OT (they gave the original to Us) we dont mind letting a team have it for maybe one season but we always get it back ;)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Terydinho said:

well mate The New(est) Trophy is at OT (they gave the original to Us) we dont mind letting a team have it for maybe one season but we always get it back ;)

Yeah thats because you steal it!!! :mrgreen:

Zico said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Terydinho said:

Yeah thats because you steal it!!! :mrgreen:

Us Mancs dont f*ck about mate if we want it we take it :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom