Chelsea FC thread (Champions!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you heard about the £15.8 million signing of Mutu from Parma? THe deal is being rushed through, but its not yet official. I suppose its Hasselbaink to Betis now then.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Have you heard about the £15.8 million signing of Mutu from Parma? THe deal is being rushed through, but its not yet official. I suppose its Hasselbaink to Betis now then.

they put it on teletext so it's gotta be official ;)

mutu is a class act,ya guys just got ya'selves a steal there.dont know how he'll do in the premiership though.is he eligible for the champions league?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.....

It would be nice to have a vague idea what the team sheet is going to look like, seeing as the season starts in err.....6 days.

this is the team sheet:

.....................cudicini..........................
melchiot....gallas........desailly......bridge
gronkjaer......veron......lampard......duff
...................mutu................................
...........................hasselbaink..............

well,thats how they line up in we7 at least.....

I think it will probably be:

______________Cudicini______________

Melchiot____Terry____Desailly____Bridge

Geremi____Lamps_____Veron_____Duffer

___________Eidur____Cole (Carlton)____

Gallas isn't fit yet, CR absolutely loves Geremi, Mutu won't be thrown in this early and JFH is a fat whingeing c*ck. I have heard that CR is going start Carlton much more this year - I hope that's true, Jimmy has had his chance.

Mutu is class Terry. He was lethal at Verona, where he started to make a name for himself. He didn't shine at Inter, but then Inter often do that to players, a bit like Liverpool :mrgreen: . And at Parma he was on form too. I just hope he can cut it in the Premiership. Looking forward to seeing him in action soon. I'll say it now. "He's going to be the Premiership's top scorer this season." (in all competitions that is). ;)

Hello Mutu. :)

Well, that's good news! I wonder what the hell sort of team he's going to put out against Liverpool? - Mr Mutu thinks he's playing allegedly. My head hurts from all the possibilities!

Let's get the old Blue boys back up there.....

The game tomorrow is on BBC2 - dunno what time yet. No Gallas, Petit, Forsell in the squad, should be interesting!

Voila!

MSK ZILINA V CHELSEA - TEAM NEWS
Tuesday 12th August 2003

MSK Zilina v Chelsea

Champions League qualifier, Aug 13

Chelsea are without defender William Gallas, who has missed the trip to Slovakia with an undisclosed injury.

His fellow France international Emmanuel Petit was also ruled out as he continues his comeback from a hernia operation and a bout of blood poisoning

Celestine Babayaro is also a doubt, so £7 million signing Wayne Bridge is set to play left back.

Fringe squad members Boudewijn Zenden and Mario Stanic were also left behind although Ranieri insisted this was due to minor knocks.

Manager Claudio Ranieri is hopeful that Gallas will be fit for Sunday's Premiership opener at Liverpool, which is live on Sky Sports.

"I think he will be there for the match at Liverpool; he could be ready but he is not flying out with us for this match," revealed the Chelsea boss.

"Emmanuel Petit is travelling with us but he is not yet in a good condition. He played for 20 minutes against Watford and is slowly getting better."

Fringe squad members Boudewijn Zenden and Mario Stanic were also left behind although Ranieri insisted this was due to minor knocks.

Ranieri, who has included his most recent signings Juan Sebastian Veron and Joe Cole in his squad, must now decide how many competitive debuts to hand out in Zilina.

Chelsea (squad): Cudicini, Johnson, Desailly, Lampard, Hasselbaink, J Cole, Duff, Geremi, Melchiot, Bridge, Veron, Gudjohnsen, Terry, Gronkjaer, C Cole, Ambrosio.

Doesn't look to bad then: Terry and Desailly in the CB position, Bridge and Melchiot on the sides. It our back line i was more worried about. As for the midfield forward, well, take your pick. We really have to net a few away, try and win it there. I don't want to worry about the second leg.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Doesn't look to bad then: Terry and Desailly in the CB position, Bridge and Melchiot on the sides. It our back line i was more worried about. As for the midfield forward, well, take your pick. We really have to net a few away, try and win it there. I don't want to worry about the second leg.

Yep, looks solid. Keep it tight first half, keep the crowd quiet - then spread our wings. I'd like to put on a show seeing as a lot of people will probably be watching - I don't want to give anything away for Hansen to get his teeth into.

Our biggest game of the season so far!

Don't panic, they only just finalised the deal. It will be on.

Hansen & Lineker in the studio, Davies and Mark Bright commentating. Now how would I know all that if it wasn't on. Trust TB...... ;)

THought that might be the case, it often happens that schedules change on the cathode ray tube.

Further news. Looks like We are interested in Crespo to finish our buying spree.

Inter striker Hernan Crespo is the latest star name player to be linked with a move to Chelsea.

Reports in Italy suggest that the Argentine is wanted by the Stamford Bridge outfit to complete their summer spending spree.

After signing the likes of Duff, Geremi, Cole, Veron, Johnson, Bridge and Adrian Mutu, a target man is next on the club’s wish list.

The Premiership side have been constantly linked with a move for Christian Vieri but Inter insist that the Italian striker is not for sale.

Yet they could accept an offer for former Parma man Crespo, especially after the explosion of teenage striker Obafemi Martins in pre-season.

Chelsea could also make a bid for Roma target Fernando Morientes as he is nothing more than a squad player at Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, Inter are said to be on the verge of signing Valencia’s experienced winger Kily Gonzalez.

The Argentine is the club’s primary objective after Ajax’s asking price of £5m was deemed too steep for Brazilian youngster Maxwell.

T Butcher fan said:
Professor Nutmeg said:
Further news. Looks like We are interested in Crespo to finish our buying spree.

Christ! When will it all end!? Someone make it stop!

It is getting a bit much now...

The team that got Chelsea back in The CL isnt gonna play together this year and everyone said that the reason why Chelsea we're better in 02/03 was because they played with the same team compared to 01/02 when they put out a different team every week....

Sundays game is gonna make for interesting viewing :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom