Champions League 2010-11

I'm absolutely delighted with this high scoring matches. In a time where it seems that most teams are mainly based on power and brute force over skill, suddenly we are given those matches full of creative details and great plays and goals.

I'm happy for that and wouldn't mind 4 or 5 matches like those on next week.

Chelsea - Man Utd
Man Utd - Chelsea

3 United goals, 3 assists from Ryan Giggs. He is stil a monument of a player...
Also lots of credit to Rooney who played two fantastic matches.
Chelsea never gave the impression to be a treat to United.

King of Champions strikes again, one of the greatest players ever on a football field.

Maybe next year, Inter.

congrats to Schalke... it would be interesting how they play with United..

Barca vs. Real.. nice

i predict Barca vs. United final in Wembley...if this happens, United will have massive support there...as half of United fans are from London...the other half from around world :D

just joking... :P

amazing schalke well done nothing more to say .... I hope for performance like this against scum utd :P

we saw a new born of Raul tonight what amazing goal and incredible assist , also last night we saw amazing Gigs really they are true legend !!!

Respect Schalke.
The best teams won in those 4 matches.
Rangnick is a magician.
Hope Schalke will do well in next round

congrats to Schalke... it would be interesting how they play with United..

Barca vs. Real.. nice

i predict Barca vs. United final in Wembley...if this happens, United will have massive support there...as half of United fans are from London...the other half from around world :D

just joking... :P

:LOL:

can`t wait to watch RM vs Barca in 4 matches

Imagine Schalke vs. REal in the final with Raul scoring the winner in 90th minute!! :D That'd be AMAZING!! Very unlikely but it'd be SOME story!!!

:WORSHIP: Raul & Giggs :WORSHIP:

It's almost certain that Man Utd play the final. As much as i like Schalke, i don't think they have even the remotest chance against Man Utd.

Nothing is certain. It's gonna be two 90 minute matches in Germany and England and anything can happen. A simple referee decision or moment of insanity (a red-card like Peter Crouch's) can change everything.

But yes, I know what you mean. Man Utd are big favourites and I'd be very surprised if they don't make it to the final as well.

There's been a lot of talk about La Liga being crap because Real and Barça have 15 points of difference to the third, but I think that teams like Valencia or Villarreal can be easily put at the same level of the 3rd or 4th in any of the top leagues and the fact is that those 2 teams are so good is almost unreal.

Look how easily both have dispatched their opponents in quarter finals. It's almost insulting. I know in a single matcha nything can happen, but I think whoever wins the semifinal between Barça and Real will win the cup if there are no injuries or strange things going on.

It's not a disrespect towards Man Utd or Schalke, but a final between Real and Barça would have been inmense!

PS: Congrats to Schalke, they went further than anyone thought they would. Though I think Man will go through easily. In terms of competition, there's a big gap between them, and playing the 2nd leg at Old Trafford may be definitive.

There's been a lot of talk about La Liga being crap because Real and Barça have 15 points of difference to the third, but I think that teams like Valencia or Villarreal can be easily put at the same level of the 3rd or 4th in any of the top leagues and the fact is that those 2 teams are so good is almost unreal.

Well Valencia, currently 3rd in La Liga, lost pretty comprehensivly to Schalke (9th in Bundesliga) in the first knockout round. And Braga beat Sevilla 5-3 over two matches in the play off to get to the group stage back in August.
Last year Sevilla lost to CSKA Moscow in the first knockout round and Atletico didn't even get out of the group - they didn't even win a game. The year before (2008-09) you had Atletico and Villareal making it through the group stage, but Atletico went out right away (to Porto) and Villareal only made it one round (vs Panathinikos) before going out to Arsenal. The year before (2007-8) Valencia finished bottom of their group (with Chelsea, Schalke and Rosenburg) and Sevilla lost in their first knockout round (to Fenerbache).

So I think the previous results over the last 4-5 years suggest that the "also-rans" of the Spanish League are not very strong. Don't get me wrong, Barcelona and Real Madrid are fantastically strong teams. In fact Barcelona's B team would probably come 5-6th in La Liga (in fact they are 3rd in the Spanish Second Division) but they cannot legally get promoted yet. But the problem is there is such a big gap from the top two teams in Spain to the rest. There is just no imaginable way you could think of another Spanish team finishing inside the top 2 places. I don't think it's very healthy for the league in the long term as the European co-efficient (league ranking) could suffer, and in 3-4 years they could lose a CL place. If you look down the league rankings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Association_coefficient_.28.22League_coefficient.22.29) of the major leagues it's only really Ukraine where there is such a dichotomy in league strength.

Imagine Real and Schalke in final...Raul scoring the winner in 90. minute against Real..would be amazing moment :D

Imagine Schalke vs. REal in the final with Raul scoring the winner in 90th minute!! :D That'd be AMAZING!! Very unlikely but it'd be SOME story!!!

:WORSHIP: Raul & Giggs :WORSHIP:

lol mate seriously i didn´t saw your comment before i posted the same thing :SHOCK: seems many think about this possibility :D

All in all a decent Spurs match, of course Madrid are clearly the better team, but yesterday Spurs played a good match aside from Gomes' silly mistake.

Bale once again proved that he really has become a fantastic player, Lennon did well, Modric was one of the better players on the pitch and Spurs finally had a decent forward with Pavelyuchenko. But the difference with Madrid still is huge...if you can afford players like Kaka, Higuain, Benzema and Di Maria on the bench...that says it all...

in match united vs chelsea even Van Der Sar has run more than Torres 50 milion ??? LOL well done Liverpool great deal ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwwZhxNh5t0&feature=player_embedded#t=2m45

Raul is singing with the schalke fans... did he speak german? i think no :D

its so genius...

This guy is a legend. A true legend. More than even Maldini or Zidane, he is at the level of Cantona or Maradona, he is a football god.
Mister Raul, you have marked football by your print, and no one will ever forget you.
Total respect for the champion, and congratz to the team. ;)
I wish you the same thing as us last year, Raul deserves it again.

Back
Top Bottom