Champions League 2010-11

I dont understand why they let him go... it's like if Milan let Maldini join another team...

to give n.7 to Ronaldo and sell shirts.

that´s the only reason that appears to me...they threat their legend like trash.

especialy at his farewall...there was just few fans saying goodbye...compare to the full Bernabeu at CR signing...it´s just awfull..

i felt for him that time..

raul1.t1larg.jpg

I'm keep saying that Raúl will have his deserved standing ovation at Bernabéu when he finally decides to retire from football. What happened last Summer is that Raúl thought it was better for him to play abroad instead of sit in Real Madrid bench. Mourinho talked to him and tried to pursued him to continue to play at Madrid with the same role Materazzi had at Inter. You may know Mou likes experienced players and true leaders. Raúl was the one to opt out, and he did correctly if you ask me, it's a shame to see a tremendous players sitting in the bench. The Madridista universe is going to pay tribute to such a Legend.

yes but Raul is still needed as CF in Madrid after he was gone..then Madrid ended up with two strikers and were looking for another one after Higuain got his injury...it´s stupid imo.. especialy becouse Raul is still great player, there was not a need to leave him on bench...but then again, he is better where he is now..

i realy hope that was not his real farewall..

I think it was a good thing for both Raul and Real Madrid that he went to another club, the magic in their relation was gone. They should have parted ways years ago.

I guess Raul did not like the "galacticos"-politics and the board considered Raul a bad influence in the dressing room. If Raul would have stayed with Real he would not have made this impact.

But it's a litle bit easy to presume that Schalke's triumph was the work of Raul alone, Giggs had 3 assists against Chelsea, yet nobody will imply that this was the triumph of Giggs alone...Untid's qualification was an achievement of the team...but the same goes for Schalke.

He's nos fast. He's not a bloky guy who can charge at you or play as a target man. He's not tall. He's not a magician with his feet. He's not a powerful player...

Yet Raul can score with his head (great header), he can shoot from far, he can assist, he can SEE football and define with his best skill: his brain, because he knows where he must be before it happens. I just love this kind of players in a sport in which athletes are overrated.

Just like Giggs, I always live the triumph of the brain as a personal triumph in this sport, even if the brain wears a horrible white shirt for years.

Fortunately for me, now that he plays at Schalke I can like him even more, just like Giggs.

Last edited:
Strangely i have the same feeling towards Real Madrid as you drekkard. But paradoxically one of my alltime favourite players played for them: Fernando Redondo.

After Giuseppe Giannini he is the player i liked most...(Cantona would be my number 3).

But it's a litle bit easy to presume that Schalke's triumph was the work of Raul alone, Giggs had 3 assists against Chelsea, yet nobody will imply that this was the triumph of Giggs alone...Untid's qualification was an achievement of the team...but the same goes for Schalke.

indeed. it was an outstanding display (from a nautral perspective) by schalke as a team. they were great in both legs and deserve all the praise for their feat. :))

i can't help feeling sorry for inter fans though... what a horrible period this has been for them. they got trashed by milan and embarassed by schalke in the same week. boy that must hurt.
oh well, at least that probably helped moratti realising leonardo isn't a football coach....or at least i hope he did realise it :II

Embarassing Schalke perforamnce. They're luckily the result didn't end up embarassing.

Well done Neuer though! Man of the Match!

And Uchida had decent game. Everybody else should be ashamed and disappointed and that includes new coach Ralf Ragnick.

Well done Man Utd.

Where was Howedes? Injured? Suspended?

That is very harsh PLF.
Man Utd was simply much better, things like that happen in football.
Schalke tried but they were not good enough.

You got to admire Man Utd. With a squad that seems very ordinary they go to the final once again. Beautiful first goal, what a pass from Rooney, inch perfect...and Giggs...RESPECT.

Yesterday Ferguson had the chance to see the man who should replace Van der Sar in goal.

Neuer - Man Utd 0-2.
With a good keeper it could have been 0-8.

Sorry I'm with PLF here, I thought Schalke were hopeless.

Man U were excellent, but sorry even basic passes where off. Think someone mentioned in the commentary they may have froze, maybe they did, surely to make so many mistakes would suggest that.

Their goalkeeper was fabulous too and will be a great buy for whoever gets him. Seen him a few times now and he's always impressed.

Thought Schalke's midfield was absolute awful too, their two wide-men were very poor also.

FD

What an embarassing spectacle of gamesmanship this Clasico has been so far.

An obscene amount of diving and surrounding the referee from both sides.

Mostly from Barca, really disappointed with their players.

Have to say I think it might be quite good to see a Busquets or Alves actually get a leg break and see how much they really scream, what a complete set of twats.

FD

MESSIIIIII! A double from the world's best footballer. And thanks to Pepe for giving us more reasons to hate him. Really a shame for football what this guy is doing(same goes as well for Pinto today and Ramos most of the other time). Wasn't that good as expected, in fact it was quite bad, I am very disappointed about all the theatrical actions on and along the pitch, all this falling down and gesturing, seems to be a question of mentality as Italian teams/players love this way of playing.

Apart from this the better team won, especially after Pepe's sent off it was really deserved(nearly 71% of ball possession is a land mark for a CL semi-final).

What a travesty of a match, but with a happy end: in this particular western the good won from the bad and the ugly.

pedro and busquets are the most annoying players ever.. wait, no they are not players... they are just fucking twats.. vidic will fucking kill them in the final then they will see what pain actually is.

Barca are certainly one of the most pleasant sides to watch ever, Messi is up there already with the history greats... but one thing that can't be ignored is how this team cannot go one single match without play acting from bastards like Alves, Pedro, Puyol... Valdez, Mascherano and Piqué are also annoying cunts that will always look to disturb a match, stir things up, pressure refs, make a big deal out of everything and earn yellow cards to the opposition. That's just not good to watch and it totally counter balances the good part of the team's football playing.

If you take a closer look at it, at least half of their team is comprised of proper scumbags. And their antics are getting pretty old. Today was something a bit closer to the Van Persie sending off (not quite absurd as that, though).

Although I do like the team the plays better football to win, this time I won't bother if Man United wins the final with a handball goal scored at the 98th minute.

That No. 10 for Barca might just make it.

Pepe never even touched Alves. That tackle is probably seen in every single game. But I do agree he is a bit of a nut-job.

Also thought Ramos was very unlucky to be booked as thought Messi dramatically went down (not like him).

I've always like Real, but I obviously admire Barca and the way they play. Absolutely ditest Busquets. I never actually rated him, but he's got better in my eyes in the past year and a bit, but his play acting is a disgrace.

FD

Before people call me biased I'm going to quote this sentence from L'Équipe:

Dani Alves est en possession du ballon mais est lourdement taclé par Pepe, qui y va le pied en avant, mais qui semble pourtant jouer le ballon.

I think I'm going to Barcelona this Summer. I like Theatre a lot, it is one of my favourite arts and it seems there are plenty of guys capable to play quality roles.

That No. 10 for Barca might just make it.

Pepe never even touched Alves. That tackle is probably seen in every single game. But I do agree he is a bit of a nut-job.

Also thought Ramos was very unlucky to be booked as thought Messi dramatically went down (not like him).

I've always like Real, but I obviously admire Barca and the way they play. Absolutely ditest Busquets. I never actually rated him, but he's got better in my eyes in the past year and a bit, but his play acting is a disgrace.

FD

Oh yeah, Busquets! How could I forget!! :LOL:

Valdez, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Mascherano, Busquets, Pedro... Some of the most cynical players in the world, all cheating scum, 7 of them on the same side! Toss in Van Bommel, Joey Barton and Marco Materazzi and you'll get yourself a complete douchebag all-star team.

The well worked first goal and Messi's second isn't enough to mask that ugly game from all involved.

El crapico! That red card was coming they way Real where playing. Both teams where a total disgrace which didn't surprise me, just made me laugh hysterically. Pedro and Busquests really have no shame, Marcelo is a snide little bastard along with Arbeloa and Ramos, kicking and stamping on players. Alves, i want to punch the man. The behavior is why people like my little brother hate football. bunch of panzies!

Also was Crisitano paying tonight? I saw close ups of his face by maybe he was int he stands or they cutt hem from a complation or something, i didn't see him do anything.

Tactically Jose just got it wrong imo. The way they set themselves up wasn't working because Barca refused to throw their full backs forward so there wasan't much space to counter, their tactics as they played out was to give barca all the possesion and got all out defence, try and kick them and counter. The counter was never on, but the kicking and tight defending was.

The red card was VERY HARSH but INEVITABLE, not even because of barca favoritism. If you foul and be that aggressive in a match, you run the risk of the referee mis-interpret a strong challenge to be a dangerous one and send a player off. Pepe didn't deserve to be sent off but you see why the ref though it was a ref with his foot that high, Dani **** Alves didn't exactly help! Then, your f***ked vs Barca. Jose, if your going to beat a Barca team who are focused, (not drained from a 20 hour coach journey etc.. Or so mickey mouse copa del rey) You going to have to outplay them or simply out work them! Like i said, Give Dortmund two more years and we will have a match for Barca, We can also be a match for them if we 'grow a pair and stop bottling it' and if Wenger or someone else decides to learn how to be more tactically acute.

Lastly.. Messi, thanks, your second goal was well worth the wait! that goal good enough to win the whole tournament

What a travesty of a match, but with a happy end: in this particular western the good won from the bad and the ugly.
And football, as a whole, lost. The supposed architects of the beautiful game were reduced to an open display of emasculation.

And football, as a whole, lost. The supposed architects of the beautiful game were reduced to an open display of emasculation.

Oh yes, and I suppose that the bloody butchers of the "win at all costs" were reduced to an open display of defending at all costs, kicking, punching and moaning.

Disgrace is to watch Real playing with 11 men in their own half. A team of millions unable to hold the ball in their own midfield for 5 seconds. Equally ironic is to see Morinho moaning for not finishing the game with 11 players. Kinda hard when you have Pepe, Ramos, Arbeloa or Marcelo. :S

Back
Top Bottom