Best pes game in the series?

I will say one thing though, No other soccer games, or actually, any VIDEO GAMES at all, have so thoroughly taken over my life as PES 5 and 6 did. I could never get get bored of those games back then. Master League was my religion. I have been looking for the same feeling in PES and FIFA ever since and have never found it. I really hope PES 2011 does the trick!

Last edited:
PES6 awful?
Not many would agree there.
For me it's a toss up between 6 and 5, with 6 edging it.
3 was also awesome.
PES6 sucked compared to 5, it was awful online against Inter, with Adriano being superman and the cutbacks being stupidly easy, the only thing which saved it was 2v2!

Look at this goal from PES6, with the original unedited database;

YouTube - PES6 - Dudek 40 yard belter online

I don't get why PES6 stayed (stays?) so popular, and continued to be edited for years, and PES5 only really lasted the 12 months... Really does puzzle me.

I can now confirm my opinion that PES 2011 is the best in the series... There are some things that I'd have from PES5/6, but 2011 is just so much more realistic on the whole.

Here are three of my old PES goals;

YouTube - PES5 - McGeady belter

YouTube - PES5 - Lampard 40 yard half-volley

YouTube - PES6 - Top Corner Beckham Goal

That Beckham goal is one of my favourites on any football game I've played, was a late winner in an International Challenge match :).

Goodbye PES5/6 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pes 1 was good but it had green zone crosses.
Basicaly when you took a corner or cross you could tell you were going to score from the animation of the kicker.
My very first game i played my friend and he said goal as soon as it left his foot and true enough a forward headed it in.

Winning Eleven 7 INT japan still my fave

PES2011 is the best & if the player switching worked properly 100% of the time it would be the best by a large margin.

Winning Elven 7 JL was my favorite, but I remember playing PES6 with lots of great patches for the PC (over 250 stadiums for instance), and absolutely loved it. So I would have to say that. PES 2011 could be up there if there were more editing possibilities (say you could make an entire league structure, from division 5 to divison 1, and make stadiums where the stands aren't miles off the pitch), AND if the difficulty level were a lot harder than the current Top Player, which is far too easy most of the time.

I had to see for myself what the big deal was about PES 5 so I picked up WE 9 International on Amazon for 5 bucks. This was the only edition I could find. Now I understand. Obviously graphically inferior to the current PS3 edition but this game is very good. Hard to imagine that PES 2010 for the PS3 came out after this game. :COOL: The controls on the ball come very close to approximating what you can do on the new game. I am impressed.

Last edited:
It's a difficult decicion but I think this is my ranking:

1. ISS 2
2. PES 3
3. Pes 6

ISS 2 was my first PES game and it was absolutely fantastic and then on PS2 there were PES 3. I don't know how often I played this game but it was one of the best ever.

Pes 5 and 6 are the best and still,pes 8,9,10 and 11 are only a joke by Konami to the Pes users...but the new generation from 11 to 18 ages love those games because of graphics..

Last edited:
Pes 5 and 6 are the best and still,pes 8,9,10 and 11 are only a joke by Konami to the Pes users...but the new generation from 11 to 18 ages love those games because of graphics..

Totally agree. They are influenced by the graphics. But i could care less about graphics, and pes5/6 are the best and will always be the best footie games around.

if we are talking ps2 only then we have a new winner i think PES 2011 for the ps2 is brilliant

I didnt much like the last few on ps2 09 and 10 but they really have put effort into this one I know editing lovers wont like the lack of real boots ect but for gameplay its easily the best

the dribbling now has around 14 different animations for skills and tricks.
the players move so much smoother the AI at first i wasnt impressed but i have to admit the more iv played i think its very good they defend well and they build up play when in attack sometimes making it hard to get the ball for a little while.couple this with the new re vamped master league (real money scouts ect like next gen) all in all its a real gem of a game and could stand next to pes 5/6 easily

Best in the series for me although Konami need to tone down the scripting and automated AI interventions not just auto tackle, not forgetting the hideous player switching that seems designed to fuck you over.

It's a difficult decicion but I think this is my ranking:

1. ISS 2
2. PES 3
3. Pes 6

ISS 2 was my first PES game and it was absolutely fantastic and then on PS2 there were PES 3. I don't know how often I played this game but it was one of the best ever.

i agree

The Best

we10front.jpg

Nostalgic glasses aside, seriously, how can old-gen PES games even come close to PES 2011 ? I just dont get it. :CONFUSE:
100% agree.

Seriously don't believe how anyone can even compare PES6 to PES 2011, the difference in quality is enormous, even PES5 which I have been a massive supporter of since it's release doesn't come close!

I also don't get how anyone can compare FIFA 11 to PES 2011 gameplay-wise - PES is so far ahead it's ridiculous... As far as I can see FIFA has absolutely nothing over PES apart from licenses, player switching and Clubs mode, there's nothing else I'd take from it... Maybe animations, but when you time everything well on PES the animations seem to flow perfectly, it's only really when you try stupid shit that it looks choppy...

It says something about the game when I'm still seeing new things, not getting pissed off with the repetitiveness etc after over a month playing it, not many games these days can do that - Most are throwaway hype-fuelled bullshit that last a few days, not PES 2011.

PES6 was such an arcadey game, it rewarded stupid football, at times PES 2011 does but not on the scale of 6...

YouTube - PES 2011 Online - Olic belter

Look at the touch before the strike, that was impossible on PES5.

YouTube - PES 2011 MLO - Fastest goal?

I know it's almost an exploit to hoof forward from kick off (something I didn't know at the time) but this video shows off the manual passing - the long ball was almost useless on PES5 unless your intended target was in one of the 8 directions you could hit the pass.
Cross-field balls were impossible to play into space on PES5...

The 360 degree movement and manual passing add so much variety to the game, and are the main reasons PES 2011 is so much better than 5.

Back
Top Bottom