Best pes game in the series?

IMO, there wasnt too much different between PES5 and 6, just the visuals of the menus etc. And because of that, id say 5 was better than 6, due to the earlier release and the fact it was such an improvement from PES4.

I've played ALOT of both games ( vs human opposition ). There is a BIG difference between 5 & 6 in gameplay. 5 was more realistic in terms of the offence and defense being balanced. 6 was a dribble fest compared to 5, with less physical play and no fouls. It was way too easy to keep possession, because you had too much time on the ball, due to poor defencive positioning.

I guess they also figure most ppl play 5 or 10 min games or somthing, and to get the same amount of chances, in that short a timespan, the defence couldn't be as good. :FAIL: That's where 6 comes in, the arcady, end to end mess that it is, compared to 5.

I've played ALOT of both games ( vs human opposition ). There is a BIG difference between 5 & 6 in gameplay. 5 was more realistic in terms of the offence and defense being balanced. 6 was a dribble fest compared to 5, with less physical play and no fouls. It was way too easy to keep possession, because you had too much time on the ball, due to poor defencive positioning.

I guess they also figure most ppl play 5 or 10 min games or somthing, and to get the same amount of chances, in that short a timespan, the defence couldn't be as good. :FAIL: That's where 6 comes in, the arcady, end to end mess that it is, compared to 5.

:COOL:

Pes 6 is totally arcade game.

Pes 5 was great but 2011 is very good game too - hard to say what is better

Last edited:
I'm going to go back and play some PES5 when I get the chance. There are still some things missing in PES 2011, the game just isn't giving me that feeling I used to get with the old games.

Nostalgia :COOL:

It's got nothing to do with nostalgia. I remember how playing PES3-5 made me feel, and it hasn't been repeated since.

I'm playing the PES 2011 demo a lot, but it's an odd feeling. I don't get the feeling of joy or satisfaction that I would get with Pro Evo 5. Could be that it's just a demo, and the depth isn't there for me, but the gameplay isn't pulling me in like it used to.

Best game in the Pes series for me has to be PES 5 on the PC.....absolute football heaven, and by far the best footy sim ever made. However PES 3 has always been a favourite of mine too, as it was such a jump forward from PES2. However I think PES 11 will become one of the best ones.

My best 5 PES in order.
1) PES 5
2) PES 3
3) PES 6
4) PES 4
5) PES 2008

My best 5 Footy games
1) PES 5
2) PES 3
3) PES 6
4) FIFA 10
5) FIFA 08

Last edited:
I'm playing the PES 2011 demo a lot, but it's an odd feeling. I don't get the feeling of joy or satisfaction that I would get with Pro Evo 5. Could be that it's just a demo, and the depth isn't there for me, but the gameplay isn't pulling me in like it used to.

same here. 2011 will be a good game but nothing like the magic of pes5 or pes6.

Best game in the Pes series for me has to be PES 5 on the PC.....absolute football heaven, and by far the best footy sim ever made. However PES 3 has always been a favourite of mine too, as it was such a jump forward from PES2. However I think PES 11 will become one of the best ones.

My best 5 PES in order.
1) PES 5
2) PES 3
3) PES 6
4) PES 4
5) PES 2008

My best 5 Footy games
1) PES 5
2) PES 3
3) PES 6
4) FIFA 10
5) FIFA 08

:APPLAUD:

I take it he's on about the PS2 or Wii versions... They were actually pretty good, slight improvements to PES6 :)).

If he means the 360/PS3/PC versions, I don't know what to say :P.

My top PES games:
1) PES 2011 (may go down depending on how it plays online)
2) PES 5
3) PES 3
4) PES 6 (2v2 online was fun)
5) PES 4

Last edited by a moderator:
same here. 2011 will be a good game but nothing like the magic of pes5 or pes6.

I've been playing the pes 2011demo alot vs human opposition recently, and the defence is just not good enough, and it's way to easy to pass the ball around and keep possession on offence.

But fifa is a pos, and i never liked how it felt, so that's not an option.

So i guess it's back to editing WE9/PES5 for me again. I did want to like pes 2011, so i could play online, and not have to edit anymore.

Of course there are some better things in 2011, like the graphics and the short passing freedom, but at the end of the day the most important thing to me is a realistic balance between the offence & defence. Too bad, cause i thought it just might of let me put pes5/WE9 to rest finally, but i guess that was just wishful thinking.

After all, it's been how many years that this game has been the best now ?

Last edited:
PES1 - the original. Such a revelation when i first played it, hated speedy slalom turns in PES2, so carried on playing this till the release of 3, which again i dint buy as got WE7 instead.

I recall 4 and 5 being good with all the extra teams and some fantastic ML adventures.

DB

PES6 - PC - Kitserver & Stadium Server
Then a modded OF by myself with SPL teams in it with the 08/09 teams.

PES6 - 360

PES07 - AWFUL!
PES08 - BAD!
PES09 - ummmm, did not play it as much as PES10...
PES10 - ruined by the lack of refs calling fouls!

thru balls never really worked...
lagi...
stupid animation and collision detection...
crap keepers...
judery replays...
STUPID PENALTY SYSTEM
Shooting & passing systems not perfect...
line up settings changed for the worse...

to name a few things that been MINCE since PES6!!!

Last edited:
PES1 - the original. Such a revelation when i first played it, hated speedy slalom turns in PES2, so carried on playing this till the release of 3, which again i dint buy as got WE7 instead.

I recall 4 and 5 being good with all the extra teams and some fantastic ML adventures.

DB

+1 for PES1 on PS2
almost no cheap tactics - no instant 180 turns (hello PES3), fast players like Cludio Lopez were fast in the game (hello PES2011) and yet not cheaply-exploitily so, body balance was done beautifully without cheapness (hello Ibra from PES6), fantastic manual passing via right stick, three buttons for soft, medium and hard touch (L1, R2, R1)... The game was HARD, very HARD but what joy!..

Not even comparing to "next gen" versions, as even the best of them (PES2011) does not have gameplay that is so completely balanced.

Last edited:
I think the fact that i still play PES5 on the PS2 speaks volumes. It has a great feel to it (fluid, or smooth might be a way of describing it), that as yet, has not been bettered. It also incorporates features that were subsequently removed by Konami. Scoring a well worked goal in PES5, is immensely satisfying. A brilliant title for ML too.

Last edited:
PES 5 is the best football game bar none in my eyes. I still play it on the PC now and again, and it can still hold its own. If they could sprinkle a bit of PES5 on the next gen, we would certainly have a game and a half. PES2011 is getting there and hopefully PES2012 will be the one.

Spent the most time on ISS Pro 98 and ISS Pro Evolution. PES3/WE7 blown me away when it first came out - and it was around the same time when I found this forum and the patches.

PES5 was class - it all went downhill from there imo. I am hoping that PES2011 will bring things back to plan again

+1 for PES1 on PS2
almost no cheap tactics - no instant 180 turns (hello PES3), fast players like Cludio Lopez were fast in the game (hello PES2011) and yet not cheaply-exploitily so, body balance was done beautifully without cheapness (hello Ibra from PES6), fantastic manual passing via right stick, three buttons for soft, medium and hard touch (L1, R2, R1)... The game was HARD, very HARD but what joy!..

Not even comparing to "next gen" versions, as even the best of them (PES2011) does not have gameplay that is so completely balanced.
I've never played, or even seen a video of PES1 PS2.

I've searched for gameplay videos, but not come up with anything. I would be interested to see some footage of it :).

I really don´t know if people that say they find PES6 best in the series, still play today PS2 versions or are exclusively playing the series on a PS3 system.

I´m not quite a fan of PES compared to Winning Eleven, always slighty improved than PES because of release dates and even heard there where two different teams working on the releases time ago (now the games are quite the same, not much that gap clearly seen 5 years ago)

I have my PS3, but I still play quite a lot to the PS2 versions of the series and I find that PES2010 (and WE2010 even more) are really great. My firends, that sold their old PS2 and are exclusively playing in PS3, still enjoy coming home and asking me to turn on the old PS2 to play in the PES/WE new releases (and await them anxiously every year). The same as me, they think that PS2´s PES/WE2010 it´s top notch.

Last edited:
It's true what they say that the past is much rosier in our minds than they actually were. I still have all my old PES/WE/ISS games dating back over more than ten years. I've played them all recently just out of nostalgia and I can firmly say these games were nowhere near as realistic as everyone here seems to remember them. PES 2011 is easily the most realistic PES to date. It's not even a contest. Even PES 2010, which was a hot, hot mess, plays better than the old PES games. Back then, PES had to compete against old ping pong FIFA, so yes, in juxtaposition, those old PES games were class. Back then, I didn't own ANY other video games. PES was all I played, all day, every day. Soccer gaming has made enormous strides in the last 5-10 years.

Back
Top Bottom