Best pes game in the series?

WE9LE cannot be touched. Spectacular gameplay, PES6 isnt even close. Next-gen games are a damn joke!

Why don't people like PES 2010? It's just about as fun as WE9LE. FUN. Not perfect gameplay but loads of fun. It has truly gone back to its simulation roots.

PES 5 is probably the best in the series. 3, 4, 6 are all nearly as good. 1 and 2 weren't bad, 2008 was shit, 2009 was decent. And I may be alone in this but I'm really liking 2010 so far, it's great IMO.

My rankings:

5 > 6 = 4 = 3 = 2010 > 2 > 1 > 2009 > 2008

PES 5 is probably the best in the series. 3, 4, 6 are all nearly as good. 1 and 2 weren't bad, 2008 was shit, 2009 was decent. And I may be alone in this but I'm really liking 2010 so far, it's great IMO.

My rankings:

I would say this is a pretty accurate account.

My rankings:

Hated PES4, was very arcadey.

But agree, PES 2010 PS2 is awesome, I think the best PES game to date.

This is a bit of a tough one I'll have to break it down.

PES: Didn't play it, no PS2 back then.
PES2: Thought it was pretty good, but crosses were way too lofty and soft and the dumb CPU right after kick-off nearly broke it.
PES3: A great game, such fantastic fun. But shooting was a pain and volleys were way too frequent. Also I seem to remember the sliding tackles being a bit extreme in their distance.
PES4: Shooting greatly improved. I really can't remember any significant flaws although they were most likely there.
PES5: So satisfying to score because it was so hard. But Masterleague almost made me kill myself with it's impossible difficulty. Never had so many 0-0 draws in my life. My love for the Masterleague remained dead for years.
PES6: Fantastic game, so much fun I never felt the need to even try ML. Was in love with International Challenge.
PES2008 PS2: Very slick version of PES6 and International Challenge still ace.
PES2008 PS3: Rather poor but had great moments when played against a friend.
PES2009: PES was back for me with 2009, a great game which I played for the whole year. Mostly just in regular leagues, not ML.
PES2010: A bit too fast for my liking in general modes, but my love for the Masterleague is back with a bang! I am hooked and just can't stop playing.

Verdict: Still to close to call but I would call 3-6 and 2009 the definitive highlights. I think 2010 will end up right there as well.

Playstation 2
=============

PES1: Great - but found it hard coming from ISS64 and ISS2001 - I didn't have any knowledge of fixing teams with option file at that stage

PES2: Loved the speed of the game (quickest of the PS2 versions?) but it was far too easy, and agree with previous post volleys were too frequent in this version

PES3: Too many goals from Half-Way line, again a bit too easy but liked the pace being more even then, and finally I found out about option files...

PES4: Hated the camera angle in replays (mainly because this version I got alot of free kick goals, and thus replay being crap annoyed me), far too many "cut-back" goals

PES5: Pinacle for me - I am a Chelsea supporter and my mate is an Arsenal supporter. We had many battles using those licenced teams. Played this version the most. I found header goals very rare in this one(?)

Playstation Portable PSP
========================

PES5: My first Pro Evo on the way to work. A joy! :) But no Master League :( Gameplay for me was a slightly backward step coming from PS2

PES6: Australia was finally licenced, and I had sold my Playstation 2 by now... Master League!

ProEvo2007: Skipped it for some reason, maybe too much Master League in PES6 so I forgot it 2007 came out

ProEvo2008: Definative version on PSP, gameplay for me was perfect - would have loved to play that one on PS2 with the master league connectivity on retrospect.

Playstation 3:
==============

ProEvo2008: Skipped it, read it was a lemon...

ProEvo2009: Skipped it, too busy on ProEvo2008 PSP and read that the next gen versions of Pro Evo were still average

ProEvo2010: I love it, and I am un-tarnished by 2008 and 2009 on next-gen so it feels just about right in terms of progression and to me as good as the previous version I played.

I would rank the PES games as follows:

1. PES5 (PS2)
2. PES3 (PS2)
3. PES4 (PS2)
4. PES2 (PS2)
5. PES1 (PS2)
6. PES2010 (Xbox 360)
7. PES6 (Xbox 360)
8. PES2009 (Xbox 360)
9. PES2008 (Xbox 360)

All of the PS2 PES games are better than the next-gen offerings in my opinion. Those games were truly addictive and never left the disc tray, something the next-gen PES games have yet to do.

I would rank the PES games as follows:

1. PES5 (PS2)
2. PES3 (PS2)
3. PES4 (PS2)
4. PES2 (PS2)
5. PES1 (PS2)
6. PES2010 (Xbox 360)
7. PES6 (Xbox 360)
8. PES2009 (Xbox 360)
9. PES2008 (Xbox 360)

All of the PS2 PES games are better than the next-gen offerings in my opinion. Those games were truly addictive and never left the disc tray, something the next-gen PES games have yet to do.

I wonder how much of that is down to the fact that there are so many great games now on next-gen consoles though Jamez ?

For me its PES 2010, too many features that were not in other versions. For me its the most complete of the series, and Konami's most simulation based offering. It would be hard to put PES 2010 side by side with any other PES game it watch it come short.

I wonder how much of that is down to the fact that there are so many great games now on next-gen consoles though Jamez?

Maybe, Jimmy, although there was many great games on the PS2 and back then I had a lot more time to play them. I think it's more a case of PES2010 lacking something that the last-gen PES had, and it's difficult to identify exactly what it is. I've dusted off the PS2 and played PES3 and PES5 recently so I know it's not nostalgia. In my opinion those games are just better all-round.

Don't get me wrong, I really like PES2010 and it's the only football game I play. It just hasn't got me addicted like the old games.

If it's any consolation I haven't played Fifa10 for about a month and I'm considering trading it in. That game showed it's hand early and has very little depth to the gameplay to keep me interested. Possibly one of the most over-hyped, over-rated, and over-regarded games (by the games media) I have ever played.

1 Winning Eleven 10
2 PES 5
3 PES 3

Strangely enough, I found WE10 to be far better than PES 6... When my friend comes over, we will always dust off the good old ps2 and continue our ML file. We're in the 2016/2017 season now:P

TOP 3 - The best PES ( Football )games ever are :
1.PES 6 - PC : The best Football game ! This game give you all what you want and needed in one Football game , at all.
2.PES 3 - PS2 and PC : This game is just awesome, my first big 3D Football love .
3.WE9LE - PS2 and PC : OMG, amassing game , Pure Football

TOP 3 - The worst PES games ever are :
1. PES 2010 - PC,PS3 and Xbox 360 : awful game in all aspects .OMG it's so bad . This game is like Nightmare of PES fans.Even I'm began to think , PES 2010 is made by EA, only to punish all PES fans
2. PES 2008 - Xbox 360 , PC and PS3 : EPIC fail from Konami... so incomplete game . A shameful page in the history of konami
3. PES 4 - PC and PS2 : Don't get me wrong, it's a great game , superber graphic but to arcade :)

Last edited:
1. PES 5 the best

2. PES 3

3. PES 2010

4. PES 1

5. PES 6...

PES 6 was good only for the good patches...PES 2010 is better than PES 6...

Please create patch for pes 5 without master league crashes..When you edit young players in option file the game crash in Master League.

The worst pes games ever are PES 2008 and PES 2009.

Last edited:
1: Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution
2: Pro Evolution Soccer 5
3: Pro Evolution Soccer 3
4: Winning Eleven 10
5: Pro Evolution Soccer 6

I reinstalled pes3 after several years. Gotta change my mind about my list: pes3 is superior to WE9lek IMHO.

so there it is:
pes3
we9lek
we8lev

Amusing how things like stadia and pitches are still nicer in pes3...they got worse with time.

I think PES 6 is great. I play it very often, the AI is almost perfect, the graphics are ok, which license also. And through patches and option files the game is outstanding good. :APPLAUD:

6 gets so much love but for me it puts too much emphasis on running, you can't shoot with much power, every header Gilardino has goes in, defending coming from 5 is so much less tactical because defenders don't hold a line, slowdown on xbox 360, you struggle to beat good teams with lesser teams with skill (psg v ac milan from experience), it started the graphical trend where the pitch didn't feel like a football pitch but just a flat piece of grass, Adriano.

pes 5 was a joke. the defence was so easy and for casuals a perfect game. they just hold r1+x in the defence and it works perfectly. the one two pass was so slow to play.

pes2008 ps2 and we7 are my favs.

Last edited:
I reinstalled pes3 after several years. Gotta change my mind about my list: pes3 is superior to WE9lek IMHO.

so there it is:
pes3
we9lek
we8lev

Amusing how things like stadia and pitches are still nicer in pes3...they got worse with time.

Totally agree with you there. Loved the pitches in PES3.

As my sig says. PES5 on PS2

With all this talk of PES2011, i'm still playing a PES5 ML. It plays really well and it has so many little things that were since removed from following releases.

Back
Top Bottom