Best pes game in the series?

mr5973

League 2
25 April 2002
Vienna, Austria
England
after the failures of the pes franchise on the ps3 in the last two years, i thought it might be interesting to ask which game do you guys like best in the pes series? please add the reasons why it is the best game for you.

my favourite has to be pes6 on the ps2 just because it's the most balanced game, highly playable and lots of fun at the same time. it's konami's masterpiece on the ps2 and the last game which was programmed for the ps2 before the team concentrated on the ps3 versions, which, in my opionon, has no chance against pes6 just because the animations are worse than on the ps2 versions, the gameplay is too arcady, and the game just isn't as much fun as it was on the ps2.

please post your opinions!

pes5 was my favourite, just felt complete.....gaming heaven

can't go back now though....ps2 graphics are shit once youv'e played next-gen

True, but I picked up PES5 on the XBOX for £1.99 from Gamestation (playing it on my Xbox 360)- had loads of fun with it the other night! Still a great game.

PES 2009 is a great game, not sure if the best but very good, though still with flaws (which PES dont have them?). I played a lot PES5 and I like it but not a lot. PES6 was great too. PES 2008 was the worst of the saga.

Obviously I made this opinions only about the offline game. Online, PES5 was the best by far. PES 2008-2009 is shit online.

PES 5 was great but 6 was better.

PES2008 was meant to be the start of something special but sadly wasn't. PES2009 is what 2008 should have been good game but not great. FIFA is pwning PES this generation.

The shooting system in PES 2009 is supereior to any other, I think this alone makes the game stand above its rivals.
Shame the ML hasn't had a revamp though.

People who think PES 09 is the greatest PES of all time must have lived under the rocks for the past decade. Even RealSoccer 2009 on my iPhone 3G plays better.

lol
until now, i still consider PES 6 is the best game of the saga
hope for new future of this franchise, PES 2010, don't disappoint me

Pes 5. I had soooo much fun playing it and downloading updates etc for it (can't edit for shit lol- but i might start)on the pc.

My memory is absolutely terrible - I've owned all the PES games and can only remember 6 well.

6 was best for me anyway, especially patched with the proper teams/leagues/balls etc on PC.

I'm enjoying 2009 alot too, although I enjoyed 2008 eventually too... so who knows!?

People who think PES 09 is the greatest PES of all time must have lived under the rocks for the past decade. Even RealSoccer 2009 on my iPhone 3G plays better.

i don't even know what a ipone is but i agree with you. Lol.

The lag for online games in PES2009 is unbearable most of the matches that iv'e played have lost to people with laggy connections.

And offline is no better as players just seem run away from the ball when you pass it to them, which is annoying because i noticed this in PES5, PES6, and PES2008 so i was hoping that Konami would have fixed this problem for PES2009.

Best I played is a modded PES6 version with new leagues, proper names and logos, music, menus, strips, balls, and Commentary.

Basically a new game using the PES engine ...lol

Next gen can't touch it for pure fun, enjoyability, and realism.

Back
Top Bottom