Best pes game in the series?

I play long balls all the time in WE9. It's actually more viable because it isn't so easy to pass it around on the ground and keep possession like you can in the other games, in witch you have tons of space to work with. Of course there's certain little things that are improved, but i'm talking about an overall balance between offence and defence here.

You could play full 30 min games in WE9, and still wind up with realistic scorelines. Could that be said of these pretenders ?

I play 30 minute games in PES2011, and I don't get many crazy scorelines. A couple of 4-3s a season, and maybe an occasional 5-1 here and there, but there's nothing particularly unrealistic about that. Usually it's 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 3-1, whatever. You get the odd 0-0 and everything, at least if you play realistically.

Admittedly that's partly down to a bit of AI throttling in longer games (for you and the cpu), but it feels fine. In fact it feels more realistic than shorter games - light and shade, ebb and flow, all that... (i.e. bits where nothing much happens, or everything that happens is a bit crap). Makes the good stuff even sweeter.

Usually more goals in 1v1, but not to the ridiculous level you'd sometimes see in earlier games.

1. WE 9 LE
2. PES 3

Didn't really play PES 2011, maybe 1-2 matches and uninstalled. I think i will play it more after seeing some of your opinions ;)

To be honest for the more I play it the better PES 2011 feels in quality from other pes games. It would be impossible for me to play PES 5 now(the greatest before this).

For me its

1; pes 2011 xbox
2; pes6 ps2
3; pes 3 ps2 (this was so good i traded in pes 4 and 5 almost straight away and still play this one every now and then)

On the age old pes vs fifa I have been having quite a few arguements with my friends about this and most of them wont even try and play PES ( im so sick of fifa).

So Im playing FIFa 11 with my brother in law and its 2-2 in the 80th min. He has a corner which I clear and start to break away I get to about the half way line and he rather desparetly hacks me down the ball rolls to another of my players and we play on (which infairness is nice use of the advantage rule).

So im sprinting up the pitch burst in to the box and he does it again. The whistle goes cast iron penalty and I expect to the penalty screen come up.

What I actually got was a freekick, on the halfway line the damn game went back to the original foul rather then give a penalty.

I cannot even begin to describe how angry I was.

Im not saying that PES is perfect but I feel over the last ten years ive spent more time going wow thats really impressive than I have raging at the machine. Whereas FIFA is just a frutrating cash in every year ( ok 10 was pretty good but apart from that)

However I have never seen anything so idiotic as that game and have sworn off FIFA forever(idiots)

For the record I won 3-2 in extra time.

I played PES 6 this morning when my brother came round. It's a good game, but doesn't hold up to PES 11 even on gameplay or enjoyment for me.

I've played PES 6 on and off since the next gen versions, as scoring goals and general game play enjoyment since PES 6 hasn't been met for what I am looking for from a football game.

Me and my brother had some cracking games on PES 6 (closely followed by 4 we agreed on, although I'm sure lots of people will disagree with us there) but I can safely say PES 6 can be put to bed now, having then gone straight back to 11 this afternoon.

It's a shame I've waited all this time, as I think my ps2 copy of PES 6 might of just lost it's trade in value by now...........

People who say PES2011 is the best ever are out of their minds. I have played the hell out of PES2011 and now it's ready to go on Ebay. Pes6 (with shollym patch) is going on 4+ years of playing. Pes2011 is decent, Pes6 and 5 were/are amazing.

Updated/Patched Pes5/6 crushes all next-gen versions

+100

For all you guys shitting on Pes6 I want you to try Shollyms OF with his changed gameplay, much closer to real life.

Pes2011 is the best next-gen version of PES but up against my version of PES6 which is played on highest possible resolution and graphics looks, feels, sounds and is a thousand times better than Pes2011.

Best in series
PES 03 - good game , Liverpool 's overrated
PES 05 - super balance game , but Milan 's so overrated
PES 06 - Inter Milan is very imba
PES 2010 PS2 - good game but still had bug (make goal from half-line field)

+100

For all you guys shitting on Pes6 I want you to try Shollyms OF with his changed gameplay, much closer to real life.

Pes2011 is the best next-gen version of PES but up against my version of PES6 which is played on highest possible resolution and graphics looks, feels, sounds and is a thousand times better than Pes2011.

Discussing a game with a patch that changes gameplay is non-sense. The idea is to discuss the best game "out of the box" let alone licenses and stuff...

Discussing a game with a patch that changes gameplay is non-sense. The idea is to discuss the best game "out of the box" let alone licenses and stuff...

Maybe so. But still doesn't make him wrong: a modded pes6 is 1000x better than pes2011. Straight out of the box, definitely not 1000x better, but still easily better nonetheless.

Maybe so. But still doesn't make him wrong: a modded pes6 is 1000x better than pes2011. Straight out of the box, definitely not 1000x better, but still easily better nonetheless.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn............

You see, now it's hard to even begin to take that statement even slightly seriously.

It should read, if you love arcade games then.....
................................'a modded pes6 is 1000x better than pes2011.'

I find it ridiculous to call PES6 a better game than PES 2011.

Please elaborate if you're going to make such statements... What's better about 6 in your opinion?

Realism?
Tactical options?
Gameplay balance?
Dribbling?
Shooting?
Passing?
AI?
Animations?
Graphics/presentation/GUI?
Game modes?
Online stability?

In my opinion all of the above are superior in PES 2011...

I posted in this thread a few weeks ago, I dug out pes6 and played it.

It's beyond bizarre that anyone could think it's a better game than PES 11.

By all means, it's still fun to play, and go ahead and play it, but I think I'd need a 10,000 word essay from someone to break down the ins and outs of why they actually think it's a better game.

If someone wants to do that and convince me, feel free ;)

I posted in this thread a few weeks ago, I dug out pes6 and played it.

It's beyond bizarre that anyone could think it's a better game than PES 11.

By all means, it's still fun to play, and go ahead and play it, but I think I'd need a 10,000 word essay from someone to break down the ins and outs of why they actually think it's a better game.

If someone wants to do that and convince me, feel free ;)

x2.

It's easier to pick up and play and I had major fun a few weeks back on a lads night playing PES 6 on the old PS2. It's still a very, very good game. But it's nothing compared to PES 11. Much more arcadey and simple. Having said that, there's still much more depth to PES 5/6 than FIFA 11. For me old-gen PES is still very much playable and fun, although PES 11 is by far the best football game ever.

I find it ridiculous to call PES6 a better game than PES 2011.

Please elaborate if you're going to make such statements... What's better about 6 in your opinion?

Realism?
Tactical options?
Gameplay balance?
Dribbling?
Shooting?
Passing?
AI?
Animations?
Graphics/presentation/GUI?
Game modes?
Online stability?

In my opinion all of the above are superior in PES 2011...

my version with superior tweaked stats in pes 6 is much more realistic. What the hell is realistic about a slow ass defender catching up with Leo Messi every time? That is not simulating real life, it's rubbish and is a game breaker.

Gameplay balance is way better in pes6 too. The games feel real, with the amount of defending/attacking the AI do. The AI in Pes2011 is stupid. Try this: Can you sit through a CPU vs CPU game and be entertained by it in PES2011...HELL NO! The AI is so utterly unbelievable that it's farcical to watch.

Dribbling is better in Pes2011 no doubt.

I like the passing in PES2011 although it seems to be more automated since the patch. Right step forward there too.

Shooting is poor in PES2011. Way too few variety in shots and the ball feels like a brick. PES6 has way more options for shooting and again it looks more realistic.

Goalkeepers are F-ing horrible in Pes2011. Take a shot from anywhere and the dopey keeper will pop it out into play 85% of the time for a rebound. Gamebreaker.

Referees are as stupid as the AI in PES2011.

Im sorry, animations STILL look smoother in PES6 than the robotic crap we are STILL being served up on Next-gen.

Presentation is much better in Pes2011 but that's to be expected.

Graphics....well it depends which system you play on. The PS3 graphics are pure shite in wide cam, just horrible, it's actually a bit of a disgrace. The Xbox360 version is noticeably better. The PC version on highest setting is where the consoles should be. My version of PES6 is on highest settings through kitserver LOD all at a #1 and 1080p resolution and it is FAR FAR better looking than the console versions of PES2011.

The master league is better i suppose on next gen, but the loading times on the Ps3 between games....I mean WTF?. It almost takes a real year to get through a season. And by one season I am truly bored with PES2011 because of the ridiculous, unreal AI. Pes 6 easily wins this. Why the hell would I still be playing it after 4 years?.

Online has been good for PES2011.
PES6 is always great online too.

There you go. Pes2011 is a decent game, but e-bay material. Pes6....well put it this way, If I caught somebody stealing my computer with pes6 on it, I would shoot them about 168 times just to make sure.

P.S
Yes having a patch that has every correct stadium (which you can play in snow) every ball, boot, gloves, referees, banners and flags, amazing kits, correct adboards, chants, ect ect... takes what is an amazing game to a 10/10 game. Do you think anybody on the face of the earth will be playing PES2011 in four years??? Gimme a break.

Last edited:
Out of the box i'd go with PES5 being the best/balanced/most fun game, even more so than PES2011. Though if you compare those games now, it might be hard to go back and play those old games.

On that note i really enjoy 2011 and it does feel like the most realistic version of all the games compared to real life. But honestly that doesn't mean that i get SO MUCH more joy out of it than playing Shollym's tweaked PES6. It's all about the AI what keeps me going back to the old game.

The AI on PS2[old gen] was and still is more advanced than the current gen versions of PES. It's weird, but to me thats REALLY important.
I still play PES6 (Shollym tweaked OF) and the game is just different than the original, it's even better than PES5. Much slower and harder to get around the AI. Plus the AI can produce quality buildup play/ pressing without it looking too scripted/cheated unlike any other pes game afaik. Off the ball runs are more varied and plain better than current gen, as well as players staying in(and moving out of) their respective positions during def/offence. It just makes more sense.
I'm prolly sounding like a huge fanboy here (but forgive me), that patch really changes EVERYTHING.

I'd personally compare PES2011 to PES3 as in, this is the beginning of a new era. Imho it only got better afterwards.

P.S
Yes having a patch that has every correct stadium (which you can play in snow) every ball, boot, gloves, referees, banners and flags, amazing kits, correct adboards, chants, ect ect... takes what is an amazing game to a 10/10 game. Do you think anybody on the face of the earth will be playing PES2011 in four years??? Gimme a break.

People are still laughing at me for playing a 4yr old game. :P
It's a bold statement but i think you're right.

Last edited:
Do you think anybody on the face of the earth will be playing PES2011 in four years??? Gimme a break.

That's more because PES 2008, 2009 and 2010 were horrendously bad. Lots and lots of people bought PES 2008, a game which also got fantastic reviews and feedback but only did so because of PES' reputation. It was only after a while people started realising the next-gen games were actually inferior to PES 5/6, and the same is happening now but in reverse.

It will take a while before people realise what a gem Konami are creating right now. I'm fairly certain few people'd still be playing old-gen PES if PES 11 was in fact what it should have been; the successor of PES 6 and the first next-gen PES title.

Okay it has some flaws but if Konami improve as much as they have done this year PES 12 will be a fantastic game much in the same way EA used FIFA 07/08 as a bridge to a brilliant FIFA 09. This game should have been Konami's answer to FIFA 08. People would accept the fact the game is flawed as it would be the first next-gen attempt, and people would be patient for Konami to finetune and perfect the game. Now, many people are sceptical about PES 11 and not willing to give it a proper chance and that's Konami's own fault for fucking up so badly in previous years. But eventually, they'll win their fans back provided they keep up the improvement.

If the criteria for best game in the series is purely gameplay then I would say PES2011 is the best ever. It offers a freedom of passing and movement that simply puts it above any PES before it. The new pressure/jockeying system is great and defending is an art once again. And the wealth of tactical options and the fact that no two games play out the same mean that PES2011 is a truly deep game.

The best thing about PES2011 is that it's nowhere near it's potential, which I find exciting for PES2012 and 2013.

However if the criteria is the all-round product then PES5 is still the best for me. It had the German League, tons of stadia, an excellent edit mode and a myriad of other small but important features that have since been lost and have never returned.

I definitely agree that the potential for a new put pes6-away-forever game is in the near future but it ain't pes2011.
Konami have to balance the game correctly as they did with pes5. I agree pes6 out of the box was way too easy and too much about speed players but what konami did geniusly was the stat system in the old days. How do you think patch makers can create players so acutely in pes6 like for eg. Bale. The amazing stat system that pes6 has is why it overtook pes5. The next-gen stat system especially in pes2011 are a pale comparison.

my version with superior tweaked stats in pes 6 is much more realistic. What the hell is realistic about a slow ass defender catching up with Leo Messi every time? That is not simulating real life, it's rubbish and is a game breaker.

Gameplay balance is way better in pes6 too. The games feel real, with the amount of defending/attacking the AI do. The AI in Pes2011 is stupid. Try this: Can you sit through a CPU vs CPU game and be entertained by it in PES2011...HELL NO! The AI is so utterly unbelievable that it's farcical to watch.

Dribbling is better in Pes2011 no doubt.

I like the passing in PES2011 although it seems to be more automated since the patch. Right step forward there too.

Shooting is poor in PES2011. Way too few variety in shots and the ball feels like a brick. PES6 has way more options for shooting and again it looks more realistic.

Goalkeepers are F-ing horrible in Pes2011. Take a shot from anywhere and the dopey keeper will pop it out into play 85% of the time for a rebound. Gamebreaker.

Referees are as stupid as the AI in PES2011.

Im sorry, animations STILL look smoother in PES6 than the robotic crap we are STILL being served up on Next-gen.

Presentation is much better in Pes2011 but that's to be expected.

Graphics....well it depends which system you play on. The PS3 graphics are pure shite in wide cam, just horrible, it's actually a bit of a disgrace. The Xbox360 version is noticeably better. The PC version on highest setting is where the consoles should be. My version of PES6 is on highest settings through kitserver LOD all at a #1 and 1080p resolution and it is FAR FAR better looking than the console versions of PES2011.

The master league is better i suppose on next gen, but the loading times on the Ps3 between games....I mean WTF?. It almost takes a real year to get through a season. And by one season I am truly bored with PES2011 because of the ridiculous, unreal AI. Pes 6 easily wins this. Why the hell would I still be playing it after 4 years?.

Online has been good for PES2011.
PES6 is always great online too.

There you go. Pes2011 is a decent game, but e-bay material. Pes6....well put it this way, If I caught somebody stealing my computer with pes6 on it, I would shoot them about 168 times just to make sure.

P.S

I respect your point of view casper, but I find some of this stuff a little hard to believe.

Shooting in PES poor? Really? I mean really? If you honestly believe that then fair enough, but if we are just comparing PES 6 to PES 11 I find that astounding. If you get to grips with shooting over time playing PES 11, there is way more variety of shots you can pull out with different button combinations, skills of players. Some of them are truely fantastic, and it's in no way more of less automated at times than PES 6.

Passing is exactly the same post patch, don't know what you are talking about here. I've noticed zero difference, and it wasn't on the list of Konami changes as far as I am aware.

Keepers? Gamebreaker?:SHOCK: Some are terrible, but they are terrible keepers. I've player 1000 games MLO, I'm a loser, I know. Ivanov, shit keeper, does stupid things. I go to watch Pompey every week, we have a shit keeper, he does retarded things. Slightly better keeper, slightly less stupid things. I've played against Buffon et all hundreds of times, I'm yet to see them fuck up. I had Handanovic a 79 rated keeper for a long time, I only twice saw him do something retarded in a good 100 games, and certainly not gamebreaking by any stretch.

Can't disagree with referees being retarded, but then again PES 11 can't be blamed for the whole series shortcomings in this particular area?

I've no idea why you would still be playing it after all this time, I get the impression there is a small but dedicated community still to PES 6, that somehow seem to think this game is the holy grail. Which is fair enough, but to base it on a lot of semi weak arguments, I'm still baffled as to what could make someone play PES 6 still. To make a point to Konami? Fair enough, I didn't play PES 09 or 10 really, FIFA was it for me in those years, but PES 11 is a really different animal, the depths of which we haven't really seen before.

Also, the fact you have the game patched up to the eyeballs sligthly makes me think all the effort you guys put in to make it better, draws you guys who still play it to be really attached to it and reluctant to let it go.

But hey, if you are enjoying it mate, go for it :)) Like I say, nothing wrong with it, but maybe give PES 11 another chance is all I can say.

I respect your point of view casper, but I find some of this stuff a little hard to believe.

Shooting in PES poor? Really? I mean really? If you honestly believe that then fair enough, but if we are just comparing PES 6 to PES 11 I find that astounding. If you get to grips with shooting over time playing PES 11, there is way more variety of shots you can pull out with different button combinations, skills of players. Some of them are truely fantastic, and it's in no way more of less automated at times than PES 6.

Passing is exactly the same post patch, don't know what you are talking about here. I've noticed zero difference, and it wasn't on the list of Konami changes as far as I am aware.

Keepers? Gamebreaker?:SHOCK: Some are terrible, but they are terrible keepers. I've player 1000 games MLO, I'm a loser, I know. Ivanov, shit keeper, does stupid things. I go to watch Pompey every week, we have a shit keeper, he does retarded things. Slightly better keeper, slightly less stupid things. I've played against Buffon et all hundreds of times, I'm yet to see them fuck up. I had Handanovic a 79 rated keeper for a long time, I only twice saw him do something retarded in a good 100 games, and certainly not gamebreaking by any stretch.

Can't disagree with referees being retarded, but then again PES 11 can't be blamed for the whole series shortcomings in this particular area?

I've no idea why you would still be playing it after all this time, I get the impression there is a small but dedicated community still to PES 6, that somehow seem to think this game is the holy grail. Which is fair enough, but to base it on a lot of semi weak arguments, I'm still baffled as to what could make someone play PES 6 still. To make a point to Konami? Fair enough, I didn't play PES 09 or 10 really, FIFA was it for me in those years, but PES 11 is a really different animal, the depths of which we haven't really seen before.

Also, the fact you have the game patched up to the eyeballs sligthly makes me think all the effort you guys put in to make it better, draws you guys who still play it to be really attached to it and reluctant to let it go.

But hey, if you are enjoying it mate, go for it :)) Like I say, nothing wrong with it, but maybe give PES 11 another chance is all I can say.

Exactly what he wrote.

On top of that, I actually felt the PES 6 keepers seemed a little super-human, abit Fifa-ish for my own personal preference. Also, there was zero first touch apparent, which for me, is everything. Like I have said many times, the first-touch is the most important technical skill in football, and the base for everything that follows. PES 6 doesnt not have this. That's why I got bored of it very quickly after giving it a full-play-test in September 2010.

Here was my original post on it .......

PES 2011 v's PES 6 + PES 2010

After playing four 15 minutes games last night against my son on PES 6,(he is 14 years old, and knows his football and his way around PES )I thought I'd give a little feedback on how I feel it stacks up in relation to PES 2010 and the PES 2011 beta that I played. It's been a long time since I have put any real time into one of the old gen PES games, and there was alot of things I noticed, good and bad.

Firstly, there is no first touch of any real substance, that suprised me, I assumed it was always there, just on a lesser scale, but it certainly isnt. Konami, in hindsight, introduced it to PES 2009, and then massively emphasised it with PES 2010. In fact, that was the first thing I noticed with the PES 2010 demo, it stood out a mile. The start of the move to a more indepth simulated approach. Every player in PES 6 pretty much has the same first touch, regardless of whether they are a defender or midfielder. The only real difference is the top players take it better on the drop, but thats just due to a seperate animation, and not really statistical technique, its just a slight illusion thats created. The cumbersome nature of a defender isnt replicated like it is in PES 2010 or PES 2011. It does seem more obvious in PES 2010 because of the poor slow rigid animation, but it is equally apparent in PES 2011, it's just that the animations are so much more fluid, but the end result is the same.

When people talk about next gen animations being not up to the old gen, I can fully appreciate this now. The animations were better in PES 6 than they were in PES 2009 and PES 2010, alot more fluid, and alot more varied. Obviously the graphics were not a patch on next gen, but the animations surpassed them. What I can say though is that, even with such an early beta code, it's very clear that PES 2011 will be a big step above the old gen animations, and combined with the stunning graphics, will be easily the most gorgeous looking PES to date.

Onto the passing side of the game. PES 6 is certainly much easier to pick up and play than PES 2010 and PES 2011, it all felt very easy. It wasnt assisted Fifa easy, but I didnt feel it was far off. The passing was alot more accurate, alot more assisted, and I cant remember actually making a pass that didnt go exactly where I intended it to. Is this a good thing ? Yes if you want a more arcade style, flowing game, but it wasnt really for me. I prefer a more realistic, simulated approach. PES 2010 was alot deeper, overall alot harder, it required alot more time and patience to learn how it worked. This could prove very frustrating, especially as Rom mentioned if you have become accustomed to Fifa's semi-auto system, or PES 6 easy arcadish approach. I can see how alot of people were put off by PES 2010, but after playing PES 6, I can clearly see just how much more simulated they looked to take the series.

PES 2011 is a completely different ball-game again in the passing department, lending alot to Fifa's semi-auto system, but most importantly making the player statistics evident. No longer can you just aim in specific area of the pitch and assume the ball will meet it's intended target. You need to be more specific with your aim, hence the reason the analogue stick, for the first time in PES history, is a must. The ability to be able to play a pass short, or even misplace a short 8 yard pass directional wise because you have took your mind off the game is there. A higher degree of concentration is required at all times in PES 2011, such is the margin of potential error. For every perfectly directed and weighted through-ball, there is a larger scope of human and AI error. It's not just AI error that you would get in PES 2010, you actually feel it's either your fault or the respective players fault due to his statistical passing attributes, or lack of. On the flip side of that coin, any great vision you exert is incredibly satisfying as you feel it's down soley to your skill and knowledge of the player your controlling. This has never been the case in any prior PES.

The one feature that instantly stood out in PES 6, which beats PES 2010 and from what I've seen in PES 2011, is the way the ball bobbles on the pitch. Also the height in which a hard press of the X can generate. This looks more realistic in PES 6 than it does in PES 2010 and PES 2011 so far. I really liked the way the ball moved in PES 6, and I hope come the final release that PES 2011 can a little closer to this. The weight of the pass in PES 6 was nice, but not very varied, it was either slow or fast, with not that much in between. PES 2010 has a much more varied approach in this regard, but is soley player statistic based. PES 2011 has this statistic influence dumbed down a little more, but alot of this is down the the semi-auto system it now uses, which puts more control in the users hands. I still noticed in PES 2011, that players with a higher passing speed stat could still ping it harder on full power, than a player with a lower passing speed stat with the same power applied. So it isnt as prominent in PES 2011 as PES 2010, but like I say, it's because now you have a higher level of control.

Manual passing on PES 2010 was pretty much broke. Apart from a straight pass down the line, you couldnt find an alternate direction with any real level of consistency. PES 6 was suprisingly alot more accurate than PES 2010, but it still was far from perfect. PES 2011 on the other hand, was by far the best yet with regards control. We still need more directions, there is no doubt about that, but now in PES 2011 it's a very lethal weapon to add to your arsenal, and much more consistent. High passes in PES 6 were good, as were lobbed through-balls, but again, very assisted. PES 2010 was alot more simulated, and reflected the consistency of its real-life counterpart, but with that comes a level of frustration. Especially if you prefer the PES 6 approach, or the Fifa and PES 2011 semi-auto system. Like Rom mentioned, it's a different way of simulating. In PES 2010 its all about the player stats first and foremost, which is realistic. But it is also realistic in a different way with the new system because of the level of freedom, and ability to place the ball where you want, subject to your skill and the players attributes. There is no question, the more 'fun' is in the latter, no matter how hardcore you are.

The goalkeepers in PES 6 are outstanding, no question. But I do personally feel they have to be, as it is so easy to get from one end of the pitch to the other. The AI, even on Top Player, is light years away from PES 2010 and PES 2011. I believe if the keepers were not as good as they are in PES 6, you would end up with rugby scores as opposed to realistic football scores. When I hear people cry out for the PES 6 keepers in next gen, I dont agree. They are too good alot of time, and thats not as realistic as seeing the odd fumble, parry etc etc. PES 2010 had good keepers, but they were let down by silly parries sometimes. There is a fine line here, we still need the 'Robert Green' element in place, it adds to the drama, and keeps the game real. I dont think it's possible to see any of these type of sporadic mistakes in PES 6, the keepers seem to hold onto pretty much everything. Any shot in real life that has a decent level of power, from around the 20 yard mark, is invariably going to produce a parry, you very rarely see a keeper hold onto a shot like that. This needs to be replicated. From what I have seen so far in PES 2011, the keepers looked solid, they were great shot-stoppers, and when they parried, it generally wasnt spilled in front of them. The only issue I had was the really easy things, such as not picking up the ball when it was at their feet. But this was obviously minor bugs that by all reports have been addressed.

PES 2010 on Top Player had a very stubborn and tight defensive AI, all over the pitch. This resulted in alot of midfield battles if the players were not looking to spam the footballing gods of the game. Defences were very hard to break down, and really, it was a very hardcore approach. PES 2011 is different, as it required alot more skill in defending. You need excellent timing, as there is alot less AI assistance in this regard. It must be said though, I only sampled PES 2011 on Regular AI, so this will differ. Either way, alot more skill will be needed compared to PES 2010 and PES 6, due to the fact there is a much higher level of angles and the inclusion of the jockey/retreat system. You can also add into the equation that you can no longer just sprint towards a player and take the ball off his foot. We now have the physical battles that will be stat related, and the ability to merely side-step an oncoming challenge.

The referee's in PES 6 seem to be pretty much spot on for me, red cards when required, but not too card happy with the lesser challenges. PES 2010 they were basically blind or paid off. PES 2011 they are alot better, but they do still need tweaking, not enough red cards for professional fouls. But again, that has been addressed and was already mentioned prior to us receiving the beta demo.

PES 6 online is flawless, just like offline. It's crazy how Konami have fallen off track in the next gen era in this regard. Fingers crossed that PES 2011 will be stable. In my experience with the beta, the majority of games were fine, no issues. You did get slowdown now and again, but thankfully it wasnt the dreaded button lag from PES 2010. For me thats a cheating way of covering lag. The game moves smooth enough, but the button lag can be extremely frustrating. If I'm going to have any sort of lag, then I'd prefer a bit of slowdown instead, at least that doesnt massively effect your gameplay. The plus side of the online Beta demo was that for the first time ever, I could play people from the States with no real issues.

I think the shooting in PES 6 basically falls inline with the game itself, arcadey but stat relevant. I'm not sure if any of you have ever noticed the way Konami tweak their shooting from year to year with regards how much power you need to apply to get the same result. But in PES 6, it was like PES 2011 power application wise. Konami alternate from year to year to keep us on our toes. For example PES 5 required more power, PES 6 less of a depress. PES 2008 more power, PES 2009 less again. PES 2010 more power, then finally PES 2011 less again. If you have become acustom to the power level required in PES 2010, then you will find that you will be blasting the ball miles over the bar when you first play it, you just need to adjust.

Individuality in PES 6 is so much less the PES 2010 and PES 2011. Especially things like player response, agility, other foot usage. Konami have come on leaps and bounds in this area, especially with the addition of the Player Cards. Players move and turn very easily in PES 6, some people may like this, but after experiencing a much more realistic approach in PES 2010 and PES 2011, I dont. There is so much more emphasis now on the individual players, their respective make-ups, and traits. Next Gen PES is light years ahead of old gen PES, in every single conceivable individual area.

I'll conclude by saying I actually enjoyed PES 6, I didnt really think I would, it's very easy to just pick up and play. It was just great fun, and I think I'll keep playing it till the PES 2011 demo lands. It's far from a simulation of football in comparison to PES 2010 and PES 2011, but it's still good fun for a kickabout.

Bottomline is each to their own, but for me, it's technically light years behind PES 2011.

Last edited:

I have got to grips with pes2011. Ive play the living hell out of it since the Psn+ demo. To make a point to Konami? What are you on? I play the game because I love it.

People always say "there are real life poor keepers" thats not what Im talking about at all. In pes2011 you can hit a shot from any angle and even the best keepers will put it right back into play EVERY F-ING TIME! It's mind-bendingly infuriating especially online. I you need a goal or if your opposition who know this trick needs a goal thats all you have to do. GAMEBREAKER!

I played a game of online Pes2011 last night. This guy is playing with his masterleague team which is Real Madrid with all top players in the world on it. Okay fine, he wants to play with a dream team fine. 1-1 going into the 80th minute, boring game cause as always the defense is king, even with his super-star team my defense is easily handling them cause of the ridiculous defender-faster-than Ronaldo thing.

81st minute
he's got a decent attack going, he takes a shot it deflects of one of my guys and falls harmlessly to one of my defenders...but whats this? I cant switch to him? Im frantically pressing the button but he's just standing there, even the stupid AI wont move him. Hadnt this been "fixed"? He scores a tap in. I turn the console OFF then and there. and proclaim" I fu**ing hate this game!"

All these thing add up. The refs, the "stumble" that happens 20 times a game, the keepers, the clunky animation, little forward runs when you need them, the shit commentary, the ball physics, the speedy defenders, the player switching, the dullness of the games, for christ sake they still wont give us real nets! still!!

Clicked Pes6 and played real football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom