Best pes game in the series?

Sounds to me casper like you just need to keep practicing PES 11 and improve mate :) sounds like you are going through the frustrating period and learning the game, maybe PES 6 is your safenet? Maybe the depth of it is just not for you? Not having a go, but seems to me like from what you are saying you are only scratching the surface to be fair.

I really don't know what you are on about with the keepers either, I never see the top keepers spill shots except the ones to hot to handle, which is completely realistic, even Buffon isn't going to try and catch a Frank Lampard rocket from 20 yards even if it's straight at him.

I have Casillas now on the MLO, and unless it's a rocket, he scoops up the ball everytime, even on high shots across goal. In fact, it's actually one of the better PES 11 animations how I've seen him pluck shots out of the air.

You must of been playing someone shit online, cause if he can't get away from your defence with Ronaldo, he's doing something wrong. I have Dotan (donovan) and once he's gone, he's gone. Ronaldo is faster, and with the same player cards, so I'm assuming a decent player would know how to use him a bit better.

I understand mate you love pes 6, I was only making a point before and trying to understand why so many people are still dedicated to it. It sounds like from the things you are posted the arcade nature of it is probably the type of game for you anyway. Like I said a few weeks ago, I played PES 6 the other weekend, loved it, but the disk is no more use than a tea coaster now after going back to PES 11.

Sounds to me casper like you just need to keep practicing PES 11 and improve mate :) sounds like you are going through the frustrating period and learning the game, maybe PES 6 is your safenet? Maybe the depth of it is just not for you?

Or maybe Pes6 is just better.

LOL what from what Ive said makes you think Im some kind of noob at pes2011? Ive been playing non-stop since the original PSN+ demo, and it's only recently I went back to PES6. "Arcade, Arcade!" everybody stop with that shite please!. Balance is what im looking for, between simulation and fun. Yes, Pes 2011 is more simulating real life (except for the speed defenders, which is a major part of the game) but here's a news flash to everybody :- A real game is 90mins!! Over-simulate a 10min a half game and you have a real problem, no fun. That's whats happening with PES2011 along with all the bugs. I can play PES2011 with even the best players, I just dont want to anymore.

I don't think PES 2011 is too realistic to be fun - the amount of chances, attacks and goals during the game is balanced perfectly in my opinion for a 10 or 15 minute game. The game is slightly biased towards attacking, as every football game has been (even the great PES5) - I even had a 6-3 win yesterday!

The pace of players being reduced is unrealistic, I agree, but I would happily sacrifice it - every time Ronaldinho/Henry/Martins/Ronaldo/SWP etc. flew past my defence like a rocket on PES6 (and FIFA 08-10), I wanted to kill something... :RANT:

I won't reply to every one of your points as I feel like I'm just repeating myself...

I'll reply one more time, but it's not really worth my time. I'm just glad I'm taking a nighttime shit and typing this on my iphone as that's all the time it's worth debating this nonsense further.

Ah hell I'm not even going to bother, just enjoy PES6 casper :)

Speaking of PES arcade, has anyone actually played the Arcade game? They used to have it 50p a go airside at Gatwick, was hard and very crap though :LOL: It was no virtua striker! I did spend about a tenner on it once though waiting for a delayed flight to Tenerife :LOL:

i played all pes games since pes4 and FIFA games.. but nothing comes close to PES. I remember playing PES4 first time and it was end of FIFA for me..

i stick with PES6 mostly becouse it is a joy to play...everytime...

i tried PES2008, i rather spare words..
i tried PES2009...same shit
etc etc.. latest i tried PES2011 on awsome pc..the graphics are great, but still the movement of players and the fact everything is looking to much plastic unreal for me i had no fun plaing that game...

as casperld say, a game full of realistic up-to date things is better then next gen..it is individual..

I still have fun playing pes6 after more than 3 years now..

LOL what from what Ive said makes you think Im some kind of noob at pes2011? Ive been playing non-stop since the original PSN+ demo, and it's only recently I went back to PES6. "Arcade, Arcade!" everybody stop with that shite please!. Balance is what im looking for, between simulation and fun. Yes, Pes 2011 is more simulating real life (except for the speed defenders, which is a major part of the game) but here's a news flash to everybody :- A real game is 90mins!! Over-simulate a 10min a half game and you have a real problem, no fun. That's whats happening with PES2011 along with all the bugs. I can play PES2011 with even the best players, I just dont want to anymore.

20 minutes? Go to lobby, set up 20 minutes online matches or 15 minute? (ranked or unrranked)

Play offline 20/15 minutes?

Isn't that better than PES 6's:

Sprint, fake shot, goal, sprint, fake shot, 1-2 goal! Sprint, 45 degree angle shot, goal!!!! Or the unbeatable Adriano?

If you want a proper match you at the very least must play 15 mintues! Very least!

20 minutes? Go to lobby, set up 20 minutes online matches or 15 minute? (ranked or unrranked)

Play offline 20/15 minutes?

Isn't that better than PES 6's:

Sprint, fake shot, goal, sprint, fake shot, 1-2 goal! Sprint, 45 degree angle shot, goal!!!! Or the unbeatable Adriano?

If you want a proper match you at the very least must play 15 mintues! Very least!

thats almost impossible yes but its true :D online

u wait a lot like 15 mins to find players that are not laging(spain,portugal,rus...) and then they maybe still lag or just plain suck abuse etc. the game, no fun to play 20 mins like that and then to wait again like 20 mins

It is still WE9LE for me but I have to say 2011 on the wii is something quite excellent too, they have really toughened the game up and my win/lose/draw ratios are very similar, only played a season and a half in ML but massively enjoying it.

Apparently but you will have to google it as it sounds like too much hard work, think your wii needs modded too.

I just stuck with the game as normal but I never thought I would like it this much based on previous versions which were too easy and the keeper was terrible.

Do you play online Darth? I have just bought the wii version.It looks like a good and fun game, but i think it is a bit fast.

Do you play online Darth? I have just bought the wii version.It looks like a good and fun game, but i think it is a bit fast.

I don't no, what I did was jumped straight into ML on Top Player, was unsure at first but the more you play it the more it seems to get better and shows you more like the older games did, you actually approach a game now a little scared if playing a top team which I have not experienced since pes6. It seems very familiar to the older games at first as well but comes into its own over a season.

This thread is actually quite funny, casper and that bussinrounds guy.

They were so sure of their theories and then someone with one post proved them wrong and they haven't replied since :LOL:

casper problem is simple. He only played PES 2011 on 10 minutes matches only? You can't have a realsitic match in 10 minutes, it's well,, basically impossible! By the time you get settled in, the games already at half time! I first started playing long halfs back with FIFA where 10 mintue halfs (20 minutes in total) was the standard for me!

:LOL: no wonder he gets annoyed about their being too much realism for a 10 minute match, i said before, 15 is the least amount for a proper match on PES, 25-30 brings the best out of the game!

bussinrounds is heavily missing out not playing 30 minute matches on PES as well!

Pes 5 and 6 are the best and still,pes 8,9,10 and 11 are only a joke by Konami to the Pes users...but the new generation from 11 to 18 ages love those games because of graphics..

You still think PES 2008 is the same as PES 2011 :CONFUSE:

PES 2008, 2009 were pretty awful, I'd agree

2010 was good with tactics and AI but its was compeltly broken! so i understand

PES 2011 bitch slaps PES 6 and with PES 5 only matches or beats it in legacy, thats it! (PES 5 at the time of release was better than PES 2011 at release) But gameplay wise for realism PES 2011 destroys any football game!

You still running away from anyone who proves you wrong easily? I mean the whole stuff about only 11 to 18 year olds playing PES 2011 is laughable! Most people that age I'd say would play FIFA because FIFA 09, 10 and 11 are very similar PES 6 it's easy, pick up and play accessible and has the graphics.

Last edited:
pes6 for the xbox360, great visual, a mix of pes5 gameplay and pes6 animations.

I agree. I keep going back to this for online play. Great online, even playing against Adriano, you just laugh at the players thinking how good they are. You do get the odd player that uses a middle team, I use Merseyside Red, and you have great games with equal teams.

I agree. I keep going back to this for online play. Great online, even playing against Adriano, you just laugh at the players thinking how good they are. You do get the odd player that uses a middle team, I use Merseyside Red, and you have great games with equal teams.

Online play was shit, i don't know how anyone enjoy playing online against people with Stupid 5-3-2 formations. People sprint Abusing constantly, cutbacks galore, scripted goals without there being a midfield.

PES 6 xbox360 online was almost as bad as FIFA 09 online, maybe even the same level of arcade even. There's some dude who plays constantly online even today, just abusing Adriano with Brazil. Don't get it, i really don't. I mean he's played all the new fifa's and pes games, given up then gone back to abusing Adriano. People don't like to be taken out of their comfort zone it seems.

For people who think PES6's animations are better;

YouTube - PES6 - van Persie Secret Slice Lob

I know in PES 2011 you get instances where it doesn't quite match up, but that is just ridiculous :LOL:.

You know what the most crazy thing is! The guy who uploaded it dosen't even see it as a bug. he calls it a 'secret slice'? Same as that 'secret lob' glitch which guaranteed 100% a goal.

This is why PES got shit, people couldn't see how arcadey the game was getting until PES 2008 slapped them int he face with it!

Last edited:
Pes 5
Great overall game, best keepers of the series,fast smooth great shooting, with the possibility to change only certain parts of the kits, and the first with stains as well.

You played any more?

Into my 3rd season now and just scraped through the two legged CL qualifier against Cluj, very tense.

Absolutely incredible game, would advise those who have a wii and thought the series was its best 4 or years ago to give this some time, even the transfers are more realistic.

Its a really good game. Since i bought the wii version, i havent touched the PS3 version.

Its harder against the ai and more of a challenge. The only small problem i have is the players turn a bit to quick, and the passing is sometime too assistet.

For some reason i cant play PES2011 online on my Playstation. With the wii, i havent got that problem.

The best PES is obviously WE9LE (Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution) which is basicly PES5 but released 6 months later. That means... KONAMI had 6 more months to work on the engine, to eliminate some mistakes and so on.

The only problem with WE9LE is that sometimes fouls are not adequately punished, like a yellow instead of red, or none instead of yellow. But it really ain't that often, nor it's not always that ref punishes unfairly.

Besides that new PES/FIFA has nothing on WE9LE(only thing is 360 passing) which is the best, the most realistic, and the most balanced PES/FIFA game to date. There is perfect ballance between offense and defense, and only people who like to dribble with Messi the whole field(aka PES6 in default), or can't score goals otherwise will tell any different. For the people, the real hardcore PES gamers, there is nothing better than WE9LE, which offers incredible gameplay, and incredible satisfaction from playing.

Guess I'm in the minority as I'm enjoying PES 2011 too much to even care how good 6 versus 9 was, etc. :P

Back
Top Bottom