Best pes game in the series?

If pes2012 can recreate the fun that is had playing 2v2 on pes6 then it will put all previous versions to bed. If not pes6 will live on for another year and so on.

PES 2012 the best. It has some flaws that can still be patched. As for old PES on PS2, meh it was ok, the best you could play at the time, but that is ancient history.

PES what ? :CONFUSE:

Didn't Dinosaurs still rule the earth back then ? :SHOCK:

Nah it was the illuminati back then actually :SMUG:

Not sure about you mate but i said in the other thread. Surpised people still play the old PS2 games so seriously, i can't really go back to all the rigid on rails 8 direction movement and passing. So limited really.

I mean for those with average laptops to have it there to play once in a while thats fine but still play it all the time every day :CONFUSE: . They are still fun, but they are so repetertive compared to PES 2011 and 2012.

Like Einsteain said.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I think maybe the repertive nature of the late PS2 games is so engrained into the nature of some people like shollym maybe, anything which is different and dosen't play the same way is seen as a failure, also most people ahve this habit of loving a certian football title and then making every excuse under the sun to champion it as the most reasltic and best simulation.

I sure i've been guilty of this in the past.

As always like most PES veterans I have a soft spot for PES5 & PES6. Those for me were the one's that cracked it.

I have been playing Demo 2 of PES 2012 for the past few days and I can see this will be a very good version.

Be interesting how we all feel in a few months time.

Been playing PES 3 the last few weeks and started a master league (original database for nostalgia) and the game is still as brilliant as the first time I played it.

PES 5 was great BUT the computer AI just could not attack at all so easy to keep a clean sheet otherwise I would play this alot more

PES 6 really good game not the best though (best for editing maybe) AI was better but did that annoying chip into the box that always went out for a goal kick

I remeber when my mate put on PES 2008 on his PS3 and I couldnt help but laugh I reckon its a disgrace they released that game total shite worst version easily

For me, WInning Eleven 10 was the best - Until this day I still ponder why it went down hill on the nexgen consoles ...

Seebass doesnt really care anymore, he gets enough money by selling crappy PES every year, on PS2 days, PES wasn't really known like now and he had to work and improve the game, i miss the days when it was PS2 exclusive..

I had a request for an old option file I did for PES6 PC today and when I went looking for it, I realised the game was still installed on my PC.

I loaded it up and was blown away by it. I have had very enjoyable afternoon continuing my master league from years ago.

Although my version's game play is heavily edited, I am sure what was underneath was making a massive difference. Each game was enjoyable and both teams had possession and fought over each challange.

Players were able to go past each other if you got it right, strong forward held off defenders and fast ones kept in front at just the right ratio. Shooting seemed natural with some superb R2 shots from outside the area.

What also made a massive difference was the patch I had on with the game. Kitsever where you can select the weather, time of day and stadium for each game at the strip selection makes the game much better as most of what the game looks like is heavily dependant on how good the turf looks.

Also you could set the fans to be for home and away teams. This made the chanting more realistic as it wasn't just 3 chants repeated. The atmosphere was much better than any version that followed it and combined with a patched goal sound, the game sounded amazing.

If anyone wants a go on this option file and still has PES6 PC installed I can put a link up

I had a request for an old option file I did for PES6 PC today and when I went looking for it, I realised the game was still installed on my PC.

I loaded it up and was blown away by it. I have had very enjoyable afternoon continuing my master league from years ago.

Although my version's game play is heavily edited, I am sure what was underneath was making a massive difference. Each game was enjoyable and both teams had possession and fought over each challange.

Players were able to go past each other if you got it right, strong forward held off defenders and fast ones kept in front at just the right ratio. Shooting seemed natural with some superb R2 shots from outside the area.

What also made a massive difference was the patch I had on with the game. Kitsever where you can select the weather, time of day and stadium for each game at the strip selection makes the game much better as most of what the game looks like is heavily dependant on how good the turf looks.

Also you could set the fans to be for home and away teams. This made the chanting more realistic as it wasn't just 3 chants repeated. The atmosphere was much better than any version that followed it and combined with a patched goal sound, the game sounded amazing.

If anyone wants a go on this option file and still has PES6 PC installed I can put a link up

i have pes6 installed with shylomm patch atm

for me pes 6 we10 wer really good games still slot them in the old ps2 now and again, cant say i would be willing to have a blast on pes2011 pes 2012 in six years time. which shows what good games the early versions of pes are.

I haven't been around here for a while but I have a question. I just picked up Winning Eleven 10 for my US XBox 360. I read that this game is the US version of PES 6. According to Wiki and I know anything on that site is suspect the 360 version was stripped of a lot of editing options. Is there anywhere I can go to find roster or kit updates for the US version of this game?

Is this version closer in play to PES 5 or the dreaded crap that is Pro Evo 2010?

I remeber when my mate put on PES 2008 on his PS3 and I couldnt help but laugh I reckon its a disgrace they released that game total shite worst version easily

Yesterday, I was playing PES 2014. I couldn't help but laugh. I was playing a Master League as Arsenal. About the 5th match into the season, I played a cup match, it was against Hercules CF. After the match, it said the match was a 1st round FA Cup match.

I can't decide which PES is better. Surely We9le, Pes 6 and PES 2016 are honorable mentions.
But PES 2014 is the most innovative and groundbreaking soccer game in past 8 years. The acceptance from the public was not good because the old-school type of playing could not work correcty. Fast ping pong passing, wide spaces, constant sprint, and lots of goal chances are not sewed in PES 2014 core.
Pes 2014 required slow, conservative approach just like as the real sport.
Ball physics were spot on (in Pes 2015/16 were clearly worse and plastic), body physics were likewise, footplanting and overall animation was extremely thorough and precise.
This was a real football sim, at least it tried to be. But ...
But there were major errors and flaws like lethargic player awareness, bad gk decisions, repetitive shooting system, and inaccurate passing aiming system. All these combined with the completely new approach required from players to play PES 2014, lead to bad criticism, low public acceptance and low review scores.
KONAMI in PES 2015/PES 2016 made a huge step backwards, abandoning all the innovative technology applied to PES 14, and returned to PES 5/6/2013 roots, just to gain the audience back.
I can't declare Pes 2014 as the best soccer game but it is the only true next gen most promising project in soccer gaming.
Too bad it killed and burried forever.

Lately as I've grown tired of the frustrating defence and stupidity from yoor team's AI on FIFA 16 I've tried to try out older WE/PES which I hadn't tried when they came out, and I've found that these 3 are better than anything I've played before or since:

3) WE6FE with WEndetta 3.0 patch: Besides of the work of the patch itself, which greatly improves faces (Figo was unrecognisable in the original game but uncanny with the patch), the overall gameplay is superb for a game released in early 2003. I'm impressed by the animations mostly, amazingly good. Of course it has its stepbacks, like the overly complicated :triangle: passes, but its AI is so demanding it's a real pleasure to score, you actually feel you worked hard to earn that goal...

2) Japanese WE7I with WEndetta patch: Many say it hasn't better visuals than further versions but the atmosphere is incredible, the stadiums are truly great. Another game that is a pleasure to play with, I found passing great, though slide tackles are too hard and far-reaching, as someone had already stated earlier in this thread. Animations are also a huge step forward, a great game to spend my time with

1) WE10 - I'll keep saying this is the absolute best for me. It's basically combining every good aspect of PES 5 and 6: huge tactical depth, GREAT visuals, a perfect pace, great shooting and passing. But the highlight here is the variability in game modes: International and Nippon Challenges, PES 6-like ML, full Bundesliga, kit mixing, a 2005/06 database (players like Bergkamp, Veron, Kily, Zidane, Shearer still in game), Random Selection Match... Plus the enjoyability of a completely unpredictable AI, you never know how matches are going to end... The perfect game for me, undoubtedly.

Back
Top Bottom