Best pes game in the series?

1. PES 1-2
2. ISS Pro 2
3. PES 3
4. PES 13
5. PES 4-6
6. Rest of them
Something is really wrong with PES 15-17. Shooting and passing animations are really really bad. Also players look very big compare to pitch. Maybe that is because of bad camera options, i dont know.

The ball physics in 2016 and 2017 are really off and the animations are a bit rough but only in the same way as they've literally always been. If they improved them so it didn't feel like the ball was a flyaway they'd probably be the best. Fully edited they both look beautiful although I really wish Konami would have done more with the Euro 2016 licence, it's seriously poor to only have some of the kits, none of the updated lineups and only the Stade de France when it's the official licenced game.

I've got ISS Pro through to ISS Pro Evo 2 on the PS1

PES1 to 6 on the PS2
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMPElCphs1v/?taken-by=mather_tom

2014 on PS3

2016 and 2017 on PS4.

3 and 5 are my favourites I think, ISS Pro Evo 1 and 2 runners up.

I'm not sure which is my favourite but IMO PES 2011 has the best dribbling in any football game. It's also the last PES game with the wingback position. :BRICK:

The current game is very good and can sometimes be excellent but the usual things hold it back and the animations are it's biggest flaw IMO.

The PS2 era had a different mentality and PES 5 was a game changer.

PES 6 was a very good multiplayer game but a boring single player game. Ronaldhino was awesome though and I remember scoring a beautiful rabona chip with Joe Cole.

PES 2010. The only game where i felt that having a bad player and having a good player had a major difference.

I absolutely loved PES 2010. Had a legendary ML team. Until I bought Lavezzi who just scored outside the box 9 times out of 10 :D Even made a youtube video about it, first and only time, maybe because back then WE HAD GOOD REPLAY CAMERA ANGLES TO WORK WITH KONAMI
I posted this back in the day as well.
Don't see how I could get back into it though, I don't think I'd be able to get back into the old passing system, fine as it was at the time.

1 PES2017
2 PES 5
3 PES 6
4 ISS PRO 2
5 PES 2010 (would have rated higher but the game was broke due to penalty decisions, or lack of i should say)

Yep PES2008 PS2 is definitly the lost game :(

It is far better than 5, 6, and WE9LE. Its just a shame that the PS3, XBOX, and PC versions ruined it. And now most are understandably playing the latest ones and will no longer own a PS2.

Ive been playing PES5 with my brother for the last 10 years but played a session with 2008 yesterday. Fantastic matches, so tight, so many different things happening. We played one match Birmingham v Bolton and it was like a proper Championship match and it was raining too off and on. Ball slowing down and keepers also couldnt hold the ball, maybe because of the rain. So many extra animations compared to older PES'. Different types of goals, passes, no catch up bug, fouls, penalties, offsides, tactical changes by CPU, good and bad GKs.

Love it love it love it!

PES 2018 in that sense that on the pitch its far more advanced than any of the previous versions.
However from memories sake and the fact that I was younger, more naive and able to enjoy a game without the internet telling me everything and anything thats wrong with doing so... PES5 was probably the last one ill point to.

Loved the earlier versions though from the PS1 as I was in my teens, had mates around for games... 1v1 the game shone.

I wanted to post this short highlight clip that shows how a wet pitch affects the game in PES2008 PS2. The ball slows down a lot. Especially in the 50th goal.

Just a small part of the reason why this game is fantastic and my best PES. :)
Dude, these videos are killing me - I think I need to get this set up...

Dude, these videos are killing me - I think I need to get this set up...

Hi Chris, the game is fantastic but I am enjoying it because i look past its faults.

For example...

Only 8 directions. I still use the stick and use the through ball as a kinda manual pass though to make me 'think' it is multi directional.

Passes may go to the wrong player but i will blame the player rather than the game.

Teams play similar but because they mix it up during the match, for me, its not a problem. For example they will dribble, short pass, long pass, wings, centre, pass back, press. It keeps me on my toes.

CPU does not always make tactical subs but the attack/defense level changes according to the score. This may be because i am on Regular level. It has changed formation but not consistently. You still feel the CPU is pressing for a goal when it is losing.

If you can look past its faults and remember that it is just a game then you will enjoy it. It helps if your expectations are rock bottom :P

Have you still got a PS2?

Have you still got a PS2?
I have, sadly enough, and it's set up... I was most recently playing SSX Tricky and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with friends. I've still got a few patched PES games for it too - WE6FE for example.

The laser's on its way out but I recently discovered a memory card hack that means you can play games off a USB stick, and it makes things so much easier...

I have, sadly enough, and it's set up... I was most recently playing SSX Tricky and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with friends. I've still got a few patched PES games for it too - WE6FE for example.

The laser's on its way out but I recently discovered a memory card hack that means you can play games off a USB stick, and it makes things so much easier...

That's not sad matey.
How does that memory card thingy work? Maybe PM me ;)

Back
Top Bottom