Become a Legend

I've been playing in 800x600 and saving every game after the matches.. this is my first year and its the 26th week and I'm doing well so far.. I'm playing in ATLETICO BILBOA in spain and after 15weeks I've played in first team but couldnt have played 90minutes yet because of my insufficient stamina..

sometimes the game crashed again and again, so I've skipped that week and continued playing the game.. this is my solution until now..

(english is not my mother language)

Last edited:
Yesterday I have played 5 matches at 1156x864 in BAL and all ok, 0 crashes (before I played into 1280x1024 and crash after some matches).

No problem, never for me! I love BaL!

I've just won the World Cup with France and I'm just 18!!!

I've played one year and a half for Paris Saint Germain and an half year for Rennes and I've been selected with France for World Cup. I've won the final against South Corea (surprise no? lol)!

No problem, never for me! I love BaL!

I've just won the World Cup with France and I'm just 18!!!

I've played one year and a half for Paris Saint Germain and an half year for Rennes and I've been selected with France for World Cup. I've won the final against South Corea (surprise no? lol)!

what camera do you use? and do you set on ball or player?

People! GREAT NEWS!

It is INDEED a resolution problem!

I got this email from KONAMI.

Dear customer, Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team. We apologize for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. We are aware that the problem exists, and are happy to report that a patch forthe PC version will be coming out approximately by the end of the week toresolve this problem. In the meantime, we can propose the following temporary solution: Please lower the resolution of the game to 1280*720 or below, and there shouldnot be any problem while playing a mode.

People! GREAT NEWS!

It is INDEED a resolution problem!

I got this email from KONAMI.

Dear customer, Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team. We apologize for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. We are aware that the problem exists, and are happy to report that a patch forthe PC version will be coming out approximately by the end of the week toresolve this problem. In the meantime, we can propose the following temporary solution: Please lower the resolution of the game to 1280*720 or below, and there shouldnot be any problem while playing a mode.

Did you copy and paste this email direct? Smells odd.
I somehow doubt they would admit the problem, and would rather just release a patch and say that a 'known bug' is fixed.

Did you copy and paste this email direct? Smells odd.
I somehow doubt they would admit the problem, and would rather just release a patch and say that a 'known bug' is fixed.

It is directly copied from the mail I got. I'm not lying :)

So, this is great news! So just switch to 1024x768 and problem solved untill the patch is released. :)

Yes! It worked!!!

I was playing above 1280*720 and it always crashed. I tried everything, included the windowed mode with no result, and now I've gone to settings.exe and changed the resolution to 1024 and no crashes anymore.

Thanks a lot! :D

Yes! It worked!!!

I was playing above 1280*720 and it always crashed. I tried everything, included the windowed mode with no result, and now I've gone to settings.exe and changed the resolution to 1024 and no crashes anymore.

Thanks a lot! :D

Thanks I could help, though KONAMI literally told me, so ... :D... Patch will be out end of week! Woohoo!

i think you can set the resolution to 1280x720 or lower in the game settings to avoid crashes and then force the resolution you want to play in (mine is 1280x1024) via kitserver with the custom resolution tool. i've played one season like this and got no crashes so far.

i think you can set the resolution to 1280x720 or lower in the game settings to avoid crashes and then force the resolution you want to play in (mine is 1280x1024) via kitserver with the custom resolution tool. i've played one season like this and got no crashes so far.
That's a good call, I would imagine that works as Kitserver probably uses a forced resolution setting while Konami stores theirs in the Option file.
I will try this in a bit when I'm back home and report back.

Im not taking any risk :D

Just 1024x768 and thats it :). I'll wait untill Sunday for the patch.

Good luck with it though! Im so glad its fixed! I love Become a legend.

even if you had good resolution in setting.exe,
if you force resolution higher than 1280x800 in Kitserver you'll eventually get crashed.. I experienced.

You can find a backup of your Become a Legend save in My Documents/KONAMI/Pro Evolution Soccer 2009/backup. :)

Could I hear others what camera angle, position and level you are playing with.
I find the standard "vertical" angle to be the best, but I just hate it, when it turns while dribbling !
And I play it on Professional, but I find it hard after 2 seasons to get scores above 6,5-7. Mostly I get 6 or 6,5..
I play attacking midfielder. But I always seem to be totally wasted after 70-80 minutes of play, is that usual, or do I run too much ?

Actually I think it's kind of boring not getting better faster, but I'm hooked :-)

Last edited:
Could I hear others what camera angle, position and level you are playing with.
I find the standard "vertical" angle to be the best, but I just hate it, when it turns while dribbling !
And I play it on Professional, but I find it hard after 2 seasons to get scores above 6,5-7. Mostly I get 6 or 6,5..
I play attacking midfielder. But I always seem to be totally wasted after 70-80 minutes of play, is that usual, or do I run too much ?

Actually I think it's kind of boring not getting better faster, but I'm hooked :-)

How much stamina do you got? I have 88 so I can run for 90 mins or so :D ...

You should put Stamina to 6 in Strengten the first season.

I seriously don't think I will play every season. Is it worth just skipping a couple of seasons to get my skill level up ?

I seriously don't think I will play every season. Is it worth just skipping a couple of seasons to get my skill level up ?

You will miss alot of extra stuff like championship. masters cup. national. when you skip a couple of seasons. and the team dont want you anymore and you are fucked up in a fucked up team that only play 20 matches so your skills go up less high

26 weeks in Wigan and Bolton, and nothing!! My reserve team sucks, so i can't play in first eleven. But I'am persistent...

My problem is that in any other resoultion i play lower than 1280x1024 game is too fast its totaly unreal frame skiping on or off AA Antistropic filtering all variations tried the game is too fast.So i can only play 1280 x 1024.Is pacth comin out on sundey?

fixed a crash problem by reducing resolution, but sometimes when the game starts it loads FOREVER! PES2009 is full of bugs damn

I began with very bad stats... all in between 60 and 65 except for speed (75) and attack (71).

I started at Dinamo Zagreb. Played 25 games in my first season, 8 times MIP/MOM, 6 goals and 2 assists.

I waited for the right team to contract me since Dinamo is on the bottom side of the table. I went to Boca Juniors after the first season but Riquelme plays on my spot. I'm in week 4 and I'm currently on the bench :)

New patch coming for "Pro Evolution Soccer 2009" PC version

We have discovered a problem within the PC version of "Pro Evolution Soccer 2009", which affected the stability of various modes in game. The problem has been analyzed and are confirming that a patch will be released on Thursday the 23rd of October 2008.

In the meanwhile we suggest that players who may be affected switch their resolutions to 1280*720 or lower in order to circumvent any sort of instability.

We would like to offer our most sincere apologies to all who have been affected by this, and wish all players lots of fun with PES 2009!

New patch coming for "Pro Evolution Soccer 2009" PC version

We have discovered a problem within the PC version of "Pro Evolution Soccer 2009", which affected the stability of various modes in game. The problem has been analyzed and are confirming that a patch will be released on Thursday the 23rd of October 2008.

In the meanwhile we suggest that players who may be affected switch their resolutions to 1280*720 or lower in order to circumvent any sort of instability.

We would like to offer our most sincere apologies to all who have been affected by this, and wish all players lots of fun with PES 2009!

You see? :D ... I got the same email (read above). Thank god its gettin' fixed. I got a 1440x900 resolution so I want to play with that not 1024x768 :D

Back
Top Bottom