Become a Legend

I am pleased that I can play

Even with this tool the Game crash. I had 2 saved games. I tried to fix the second one(was more suitable) but he said "Save game is corrupted" I fixed the first one I played a few matches and crash again. But i fixed the savegame and the game continued. A had 5 crashed in 2 hours but every time I fixed the file and continue the game. Until Konami will fix this bug I will continue to use this "method" and play the BAL mode. Thanks for this tool ! ;);)

With an error this huge IN THEIR FINAL RELEASE Konami should really put up a big fat sorry on their homepage and inform customers of whats to come. I have been searching google and every konami page i can find, without a single word. Wow! How dare they?
I'll put it as Cartman would have put while he waited for Nintendo Wii: THIS IS BULLCRAP!

Exactly :( Im soooo sad:( Had such a great time with Become a Legend. Now its over. End of game. I cant even start it anymore. What if I start a new game and I get really far and good and selected for the National team and stuff and THEN it crashes :( ,...

I love this be a legend mode,I have done 4 seasons now,playing on top player and it rocks.
my average rating is 6,8
I have very good rates now I am in 2010 year and I play for Wigan

Wigan is just perfect team for me,I was rocking so hard with them in PES 6 and even now they still rock.
Teamwork is great,players are great,everything is superb.
We ended 2nd in league,behind Manchester United and we won Cup after beating Bolton 2:1 in finals(I scored 1 goal)
I was man of the match 10 times in 20 matches,I think that is pretty good for now.
I am 21 year old and I can play SMF,WF and CF,hope that one day I learn AMF too.

i191799_pes20092008101913412101.png

i191798_pes20092008101913411960.png

i191797_pes20092008101913411648.png

i191796_pes20092008101913411259.png

i191795_pes20092008101910231567.png

i191794_pes20092008101910183678.png

i191793_pes20092008101910183396.png

i191792_pes20092008101910160585.png

i191791_pes20092008101910154051.png

i191790_pes20092008101909365584.png

Most of those who are able to play the game without bugs play it in lower resolutions than 1280x800. I was using 1280x1024 and the game crashed 5 or 6 times in different competitions. Now I´ve changed to 1152x864 and everything is working fine. It´s not fair but at least a solution until Konami release a fix ( if they release one ).

I think i just saw this crash on my game. I'm playing at 1440x900 so you recon that if i change resolution i would be ok? Or once a file has crashed does that mean its corrupt and thats it for the file?

I think i just saw this crash on my game. I'm playing at 1440x900 so you recon that if i change resolution i would be ok? Or once a file has crashed does that mean its corrupt and thats it for the file?

yes just change resolution and try to play it again,it will work then...

can someone confirm this? If you play a NEW season Become a legend with resolution 800x600 or 1024x768 it will NOT crash?

Im playing with 1024 resolution everytime a crash appears. I play with highest resolution again after I've "gone through" the game where the crash appears. So I keep 2-3 different savegames without autosave. So I'll just switch back to 1024 whenever my game crash again. This have been working for almost the whole first season. I'll post again if it stops working.

Sorry for posting this one it might be a slightly of topic but then again maybe not. In almost all of my games there have bin a RED card. The AI is a little bit crazy when Im not controlling it(as in BE a legend mode). Either Konami really have to calm down the players when they are the last defender(sometimes they aren't and anyway given red), OR they have to calm down the judge. Otherwise the play is pretty brilliant on "top player".

Which camera are you guys using on BAL mode ?

With the default one i get confused with the controls 'cause the friggin camera moves while i'm heading to the ball and i go to the wrong direction.

first of all,sorry for my bad english.
i just wanna ask how can u improve in BAL some of skils,for example shot acuracy or shot power.how can u learn to be and a WF,SMF,AMF if u chose first CF?

first of all,sorry for my bad english.
i just wanna ask how can u improve in BAL some of skils,for example shot acuracy or shot power.how can u learn to be and a WF,SMF,AMF if u chose first CF?
About positions.. I think it's a vote of manager! And you must be patient with improving yours skills, an 17-years-old player can't get a lot of yellow numbers.. you must wait, 4-6 seassons and you will be a lot better... although I'm at a half of the 1st seasson, Tottenham (2nd place), Everton (13rd place), Stoke City (17th place) wanted to sign me, but I said NO! I just don't want to leave Aston Villa past 0,5 year, although the contract was much better. I want to play hard at Aston Villa,I want to improve.. I want to stay there 2-3 seasson and then I want to go to other team! I rejected it because I don't see any reason to leave Villa, 8th place isn't that bad and Martin O'Neil gave me a chance in the starting line-up. :))

i'm 19 and i play for PSG for 1 season
i have offers from Le Mans(2nd) and (PSG is 8th) but i rejected because i'm in first 11 for few matches.i make the bench in national team which is qualified in 2nd round of International cup.
i am just curios how can u do something different then just playing every match for your club :-? to improve your skills.

i for one cannot play in any other resolution than 1280x960 because my flatass-screen sucks balls, and of course it crashes every other match in 1280x960 (in bal). i wanted to buy a normal oldschool badass fat old monitor, but shit happened, and now im stuck with this one. if i try to play pes in any other resulotion the gameplay is superslow and "laggy", wich is just unplayable... so that sucks for me! guess i have to wait for a patch or something. oh well, exhibition mode still works fine...

Last edited:
How do you guys are even able to advance? Am I that weak? Everytime I have the ball all they have to do is come next to me and take it. I can't outrun them, I can't trick them - nothing. My teammates play like retarded, they don't pass, they don't attack and they never give me the ball when I can actually do something with it.
The other team on the other hand is doing some really quick and clever combinations, my defense is helping them out a lot... it's funny, because we're actually the same teams. It's a training match.
What do you have to do in order to move up?!

started a fresh lengend off still ss but now i know what im doing first session with man city / now with aston villa, playin alot better than i was before not even started a master legue team off and that wat i love about pro evo. become a legend has made this game even better

ps, still no crashes

Last edited:
How do you guys are even able to advance? Am I that weak? Everytime I have the ball all they have to do is come next to me and take it. I can't outrun them, I can't trick them - nothing. My teammates play like retarded, they don't pass, they don't attack and they never give me the ball when I can actually do something with it.
The other team on the other hand is doing some really quick and clever combinations, my defense is helping them out a lot... it's funny, because we're actually the same teams. It's a training match.
What do you have to do in order to move up?!

Don't try and run the length of the pitch and score every time you get the ball. It doesn't have to be a killer pass every time. Keep it simple to build up your pass ratio.

Started as SS, but keep getting AMF role.. Offered by 3 clubs, Sunderland, Aston Villa and Wigan, chose Sunderland. Played 3 training matches before getting into subs. Currently played 3 times as a subs, scored twice, assisted one and 1 MOM. First goal scored against Arsenal, how sweet was that.

My stats still the same, no improvement yet. Cannot outrun defender, cannot trick them. The only way to pass them is try to open them up using 1 touch pass, or 1-2 pass, pass to the person nearest, then try to make some space, press R2 twice... Watch for offside!

Don't try and run the length of the pitch and score every time you get the ball. It doesn't have to be a killer pass every time. Keep it simple to build up your pass ratio.

I try but it seems to be no idea in my teammates. I give them the ball and they lose it. They don't build any kind of game, just mindless running toward the defenders. Very rarely someone is going to try and run or just to find an open space where I can pass the ball through.
Defending is the same - one attacker outruns and tricks 2-3 of my defenders. And when they get the ball, they don't clear it. Often one defender will hit the ball in another defender and while they're figuring out what to do the striker scores.

I started an AMF (because when I used to play I was always playing as a midfielder, often a playmaker and I used to give great passes) but the game randomly rotates me. I am still on the training matches. How am I supposed to play good when all my teammates are retarded?

Don't worry. As long as you can put together a few passes and get 6 or 6.5 each match, you'll be in the A squad after about 6 games and then substitute for the first team by about 12 games maybe. I didn't play great but after 25 games, I play for the first team most games, although I always get substituted as my stamina is not great.

Back
Top Bottom