Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Why now what mate? Medic class? Basically to unlock the pins and achievements I need, as I didn't have any of those associated with the medic. Had a few decent rounds, clocking up about 2.5k points average. Got killed a fair bit more, though.

Think I'm on 7200/7180 ish kill/death ratio.

Yep, Medic, Engineer and Assault were easy ranks to rack up points.

I'm still finding Recon hard. So much so that I've swapped out the sniper rifle for the universal machine gun and am just using that on Vietnam.

Yep, Medic, Engineer and Assault were easy ranks to rack up points.

I'm still finding Recon hard. So much so that I've swapped out the sniper rifle for the universal machine gun and am just using that on Vietnam.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the sniper, though?

Or are you just going for points and unlocks?

Recon isn't just for sniping, calling for air support and using C4 are just as important on Recon - don't you agree?

I'm am trying to unlock a better sniper rifle but I am also going for a better rank for the rank trophies.

Last edited:
True, I guess. But the unique weapons available to recon are the sniper rifles, which are superb in their own way. I loved the M95/SA and also the Gol. Fantastic weapons. However, like you say, I've noticed a lot of guys using shotguns, the M1 Garand and other variations of weapons not being the sniper rifles. Each to their own I guess. May try that combination sometime, as I need the pin and award for the C4, too.

Recon isn't just for sniping, calling for air support and using C4 are just as important on Recon - don't you agree?

I'm am trying to unlock a better sniper rifle but I am also going for a better rank for the rank trophies.

Yeah, there's so much more to recon than just sniping. Spotting enemies from afar can be a huge help to the team. I'm with you, I found recon a bit of a struggle. I ended up using the sniper rifles with a red dot sight and just using them like a conventional bolt action rifle from close range. Sort of worked.

Yeah the stat server's been down on 360 for the best part of a week. Finally back up and running now though. Most of the week everyone was playing at level 1, with all their guns and unlocks having disappeared. Nothing contributed to points either.

I'm currently working my way through all the assault guns at the moment, trying to get them all to platinum. Just finished my 100 tracer dart and vehicle kills pins, taking down an attack helicopter and seeing a load of people bail out, only to get shot when they land in the middle of some open desert, is quite funny ;)

Regarding spotting, it's something I automatically do with any class. You get extra points, and radically helps your team mates. I've lost count of the amount of kills I've got by somoeone else spotting a player you can't even see behind trees, for example. You see a random red triangle, pop off some long range shots on the off chance that it'll go through the trees and they're not standing with a hill or something blocking their way, and comes up 50 points.....

It's a shame most team mates don't do this though. I think some people just care about getting a decent personal score rather than winning the team objective, and think that spotting someone will give a team mate the chance to 'steal' their kill. That sucks, but seems the nature of the majority of online players unfortunately. Worst thing of all though has to be when you're just about to jump into a vehicle only for a team mate to get there first and just drive off, leaving you stranded and with a long long run ahead of you.....

Last edited:
Agree with all the above points, LTFC.

I love sitting back and spotting for my team, then seeing the enemy being wiped out because I've compromised their positions.That's what I love about this game; there's tons of points to be had without even firing a shot. My favourite pastime is sniper hunter-killer; spotting snipers who think they're being clever and then watching the rest of my team hose them down with gunfire while they try and scuttle off to safety.

But as you said I wonder how many people know that you can spot with any weapon by simply aiming and pressing select? I play with a couple of guys from work and neither of them knew. They thought I was talking about the sniper 'spot' perk. The select button has so many uses in this game, such as asking for ammo or med-packs, issuing a team order, or asking for a lift from a vehicle. Which leads on to my biggest pet hate - people that jump into a vehicle or heli and drive off by themselves without waiting for team mates. So selfish.

Assault > G3 with 4x scope > C4 > Magnum Ammo > Alternate Weapons.

Done.

I've got almost 3000 kills with the M16 SA but having just switched to the G3 yesterday, I have to say it feels much better. Rate of fire is slightly less, but more damage can be done.

Agree with all the above points, LTFC.

I love sitting back and spotting for my team, then seeing the enemy being wiped out because I've compromised their positions.That's what I love about this game; there's tons of points to be had without even firing a shot. My favourite pastime is sniper hunter-killer; spotting snipers who think they're being clever and then watching the rest of my team hose them down with gunfire while they try and scuttle off to safety.

But as you said I wonder how many people know that you can spot with any weapon by simply aiming and pressing select? I play with a couple of guys from work and neither of them knew. They thought I was talking about the sniper 'spot' perk. The select button has so many uses in this game, such as asking for ammo or med-packs, issuing a team order, or asking for a lift from a vehicle. Which leads on to my biggest pet hate - people that jump into a vehicle or heli and drive off by themselves without waiting for team mates. So selfish.

Yeah it's annoying about the vehicles, and shows how stupid some people are - one guy jumped into the chopper with the chain guns on the side (forgot it's name) and flew off on his own. I have no idea what he was up to, just flying in circles over the objective points with no-one in the chopper with him to actually fire the guns......he lasted about 20 seconds before getting shot down :CONFUSE:

It is really cool when you find decent random players in your team who help by dropping ammo, health etc. It defies sense for people not to do it, as it benefits them as well as helping their team to win. Some people just don't see it that way I suppose. I once kept repeatedly asking one guy for ammo as I was totally out of everything, and he just wouldn't. I sent him a PM just saying "ammo please!" and he replied "no". We both quickly got overrun and shot, which probably wouldn't have happened if both of us had guns to use! Genius!

I totally agree about the spotting, you're right not everyone will know about it. I think perhaps BF3 should come with some kind of unskippable tutorial video the first time you ever boot the MP game up, showing exactly what you can do.

Last edited:
Anyone on PS3 fancy a session this week?

Following on the previous points above, the team stuff is what i love about BFBC2.

I am constantly spotting, dropping medic/ammo and I love being a medic and reviving people.

Its such a class game when played right.

Oh, and spot EVERYTHING... so many times I 'spot' the next objective point and if I've dropped health packs in that area too, the scores just mount up to massive amounts as all the action is happening at the objective you have identified for the team. Easy pointage!

Glad Killzone 3 has a bit of a flavour of BFBC2 too.

Following on the previous points above, the team stuff is what i love about BFBC2.

I am constantly spotting, dropping medic/ammo and I love being a medic and reviving people.

Its such a class game when played right.

Oh, and spot EVERYTHING... so many times I 'spot' the next objective point and if I've dropped health packs in that area too, the scores just mount up to massive amounts as all the action is happening at the objective you have identified for the team. Easy pointage!

Glad Killzone 3 has a bit of a flavour of BFBC2 too.

Really, is Killzone veering towards being Battlefield (ish)? I might give it a try if so. It's funny, before BC2 I'd never played a Battlefield game, now I compare ever FPS to it. MW2 and Black Ops etc now seem a bit, well, pointless. They have similar game modes but essentially are still team deathmatches, whereas Battlefield really plays differently.

It's all about having team objectives that I really love about this game. For instance I was up on one side of a map, saw some dudes on the other team running headlong towards two team mates miles away on one side of some rocks. Neither side knew the other people were there. I spotted the two enemy players, and saw through my scope my two team mates turn round and nail them - pretty much because I'd alerted them that enemies were close. That sort of stuff to me is just as much fun as anything. But when you play with your mates over headsets and in squads, it's then that the game REALLY gets good...

Last edited:
Man this game is still awesome. I've had this for a year now and am still playing it, and still seeing new crazy stuff happening in the middle of matches. Saw some guy fly about 200 feet from a chopper attack, looked hilarious, then saw another guy in a jeep blow himself up by driving straight into the back of his mates' tank just at the moment the tank blew up from my rocket.....

Last edited:
Man this game is still awesome. I've had this for a year now and am still playing it, and still seeing new crazy stuff happening in the middle of matches. Saw some guy fly about 200 feet from a chopper attack, looked hilarious, then saw another guy in a jeep blow himself up by driving straight into the back of his mates' tank just at the moment the tank blew up from my rocket.....

Sounds crazy but I almost don't need Battlefield 3 this year. This game is still that good. All it could do with is some new maps.

Yeah I totally agree. My mates have pretty much abandoned it now though which is a shame, joining matches as a random seems pretty hard, mostly the game will throw you into a match were someone's already left because they're on the defending team that's in the middle of getting spanked. Hard to find an even game at the moment, one match tonight was 10 v 10 yet the other team managed to get in and blow up both objectives without losing a life and within about 30 seconds........

That said, I got a triple kill by hovering above an apache in the UAV and getting a direct missile hit.......pilot wasn't a happy bunny, he ran straight down the map and knifed me while I was still on the UAV.....hehe was worth it though.

Yeah I totally agree. My mates have pretty much abandoned it now though which is a shame, joining matches as a random seems pretty hard, mostly the game will throw you into a match were someone's already left because they're on the defending team that's in the middle of getting spanked. Hard to find an even game at the moment, one match tonight was 10 v 10 yet the other team managed to get in and blow up both objectives without losing a life and within about 30 seconds........

That said, I got a triple kill by hovering above an apache in the UAV and getting a direct missile hit.......pilot wasn't a happy bunny, he ran straight down the map and knifed me while I was still on the UAV.....hehe was worth it though.

Conquest is far, far better when you're a random entering a team of unknowns.

I'm not really a fan of conquest to be honest, not sure why, I think Rush has a more focused objective for everyone to get behind. Maybe that's because I used to play this a lot with people I know over headsets. Conquest for me feels just like a bunch of people doing whatever, which I know many prefer. It's cool to have the option of both though.

Back
Top Bottom