Battlefield : Bad Company Series

LTFC, have you tried firing smoke salvos from the UAV? That's quite effective.

Not yet, but I did think of doing that the other day. I'm also gonna give it a try in a tank too. But last time I played I tried the engineer on Harvest Day etc where you get a lot of enemy tanks and choppers. Loved tagging the tanks then blowing them up myself.....though how anyone actually tags circling and strafing choppers beats me, tracer dart is simply too slow. I aim to the right or left and fire into the choppers' probable flight path, but it still misses :CONFUSE:

Smoke grenades are good because you can almost hear the enemy going "What the hell is he doing with these, just use grena....shit, someones sneaked to A". :))

One good trick is to find somewhere to hide where you can capture a flag still, and fire off the grenades somewhere else. You can goad snipers into dropping mortars and shooting randomly into the smoke while you nick the flag.

I like firing them around B in places like Arica harbour or Oasis too.

The tank thing cracks me up too when they start backing up because they can't see anything.

Not yet, but I did think of doing that the other day. I'm also gonna give it a try in a tank too. But last time I played I tried the engineer on Harvest Day etc where you get a lot of enemy tanks and choppers. Loved tagging the tanks then blowing them up myself.....though how anyone actually tags circling and strafing choppers beats me, tracer dart is simply too slow. I aim to the right or left and fire into the choppers' probable flight path, but it still misses :CONFUSE:

The V-Smoke perk is more of a defensive counter-measure in a tank or APC. It fires smoke a short distance in all directions, shrouding the vehicle and allowing you to sneak away from a dangerous situation. Quite handy but purely defensive. Again, I never see anyone else use this because it don't kill people innit.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011. Put it in your diary. EA will finally unveil much-antcipated DICE shooter sequel Battlefield 3 on that date.

The game will form part of an EA Partners press event at GDC which will include other new game announcements as well as show off a raft of other titles. They include:

* Shadows of the Damned (Grasshopper Manufacture)
* Alice: Madness Returns (Spicy Horse)
* Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning (38 Studios)
* Crysis 2 (Crytek)
* Battlefield Play4Free (Easy Studios)

Talk on BF3 has ramped up as of late, with GDC dev sessions confirmed for the Moscone Center in San Francisco come March.

EA CEO John Riccitiello confirmed before Christmas that the game, which had invites to its multiplayer beta included with copies of Medal of Honor, will release within the final six months of 2011.

Other then all that, not much else has spilt since last July’s beta announcement. That all changes come March 1.

Still plenty of life left in BC2 yet, so I'm pleased BC3 is going to be in the arse end of this year.

I've got my HDD now, so I'll be grabbing the vietnam mod asap.

And good games the other night Jay! - didnt quite get what you meant though - was you working on the engineer badge?

Does anyone have any tips for tracer darting choppers? I find it nearly impossible, and I'm trying to get the pin for landing 100 darts (tanks are far easier to tag, but if a chopper's strafing your base causing havok then it'd be nice to be able to switch to engineer and take it down).

I aim in front of the direction it's moving, hoping the dart will land just as the chopper flies into the flight path of the dart, but I almost never hit it. One rare occasion I did, the level 50 guy destroying everything just flew immediately behind a hill and sat down in his base until the dart disappeared.....

It's the total opposite in Vietnam though, just half a round of machine gun fire will take it out completely. Odd that. I'm sure they were a big more hard wearing than that.....

Last edited:
downloaded the vietnam add-on last night and had a couple of games, very enjoyable, was in a good squad aswell, but it would have been better with people i knew or just spoke lol

downloaded the vietnam add-on last night and had a couple of games, very enjoyable, was in a good squad aswell, but it would have been better with people i knew or just spoke lol

I've added you now and I'll be grabbing Vietnam very soon (maybe today). I'll drop you a msg if I get it.

You know, I've played this since it came out, and I actually don't know how to fire secondary weapons from the vehicles. I always choose tougher armour plating as an option, but should I choose smoke or missiles, how would I fire them, if I was the driver?

You know, I've played this since it came out, and I actually don't know how to fire secondary weapons from the vehicles. I always choose tougher armour plating as an option, but should I choose smoke or missiles, how would I fire them, if I was the driver?

You have to select the v-alt or v-smoke perks for an alternative weapon or smoke salvos and then it's one of the shoulder buttons to fire them, can't remember which one off the top of my head. I mostly use the v-alt perk as it's handy to have a machine gun to fire as a tank or apc driver to pick off enemy infantry. The machine gun is quite effective on the UAV too. You can make a real nuisance of yourself with that.

had a few more games on the vietnam add-on.

i think i enjoy the defending better than attacking, using the m60 to takedown choppers is brilliant fun, killed a bloke on the side-mounted machine gun too.

the last game i played we were defending and down to the last crate and when it came up that it was the last push everyone rushed towards the attackers in a mass wave and it was absolute carnage, great to see

Is anyone else having major problems with finding games at the moment? I keep getting a message saying "Cannot find a game right now. Please try again" for ages, then whenever I do manage to get into a game, they're almost all empty. Rush games are 2v2, 3v5 etc.

I've read the servers are screwed, but no idea how long for.

What's the verdict on Vietnam, are the maps big?

I miss this game a lot.

I wouldn't say they're big but there's plenty of space.

I love the Vietnam expansion, the weapons are great and the soundtrack is fantastic.

I wouldn't say they're big but there's plenty of space.

I love the Vietnam expansion, the weapons are great and the soundtrack is fantastic.
The soundtrack is quality, the sound when the helicopters start up and the radio starts to pump out tunes is just brilliant.

As soon as Creedence Clearwater comes on at the menu....

a couple of good games with my mate and pboreham (pbb76) last night, wish i'd stayed on longer, that last one where we won on the last crate was quality.

@pboreham, i tried inviting you to our party, don't know whether or not you were having trouble joining

Yea good games! Sorry about declining the party invite, but couldn't put the mic on as my missus was asleep. Sort of game that definitely needs a mic though!

For example, in one game I ran into a building and armed a charge and looked round and you followed me in with another member of our squad. You had the front door and the other guy the rear door behind me. So I turned round to get to a window and the guy behind me left his post and just ran away, seconds later one of the enemy came through and killed me!! Was not impressed!

Do love a bit of battlefield though and just waiting for payday so I can get vietnam!

I think I'm going to stop playing this game until EA sort out their servers. Every time I log in either all my stats are reset to zero or my weapons stats are frozen. I paid good money for this DLC and it's broken, which is a shame as it's a great add-on.

Back
Top Bottom