Battlefield : Bad Company Series

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
While previous Battlefield games have focused heavily on multiplayer action, it seems Bad Company will turn its attention to solo gamers. EA is promising a "deep, cinematic single-player experience" with a mix of action and dark humor. Players will assume control of a squad of renegade soldiers and infiltrate enemy territory to obtain riches as well as revenge. The carnage that ensues will take its toll on the environments as well, as 90 percent of the levels will be destructible.

Screenshots
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/battlefieldbadcompany/screenindex.html

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 and PS3

I downloaded the HD Frostbite trailer today, it blew my mind.

Makes Call Of Duty 4 look like a pile of dog crap - and I love Call Of Duty 4.

This is meant to be good aint it?

I have never played or seen this game in action i just "hear" of it

just watched that Destruction trailer and the Graphics and effects look awesome

Looks alot better than COD but does it play good?

Battlefield is one of the most popular games of all time, it's exactly like CoD but not quite run-and-gun. If you do that you die, which is why I've never been able to get into Battlefield; if you're a rank 1 and you're against a load of rank 30s, you don't stand a single fucking chance, and I hate that. Realistic it might be but if you just want to pick it up and play every now and then, forget about it. You need constant practice.

Seeing as it's a console game (and the last Battlefield console game had single-player) I'm 99% sure it will have.

does it have singleplayer?

While previous Battlefield games have focused heavily on multiplayer action, it seems Bad Company will turn its attention to solo gamers. EA is promising a "deep, cinematic single-player experience" with a mix of action and dark humor.

Watched the frostbite trailer. Looked really impressive. The lighting doesnt look as impressive as the vids Ive seen of cod4 but the damage model looks like its a huge step up from the minimal damage I saw from cod4.

Just read the IGN preview, sounds good. Out march 08 if it all stays on schedule. Hope the single player will be good and long as thats what has stopped me buying COD4 at full price. Speaking of which, when is GoW going to become a classic? Its been out for ages now!

Last edited:

Its due in the summer, the game looks very good.

Well in the video it says that it's out "soon".

Looks very good? Shooter with a 50m view distance and fog everywhere beyond that? Maybe I'm spoiled with ArmA's 1.5km viewdistance ;)

The misting does seem excessive. I don't mind it being present as it can add atmosphere and focus to the fighting with the background a bit "blurred". But that last vid Placebo posted shows that its too much. You could hardly see the enemies even thought they weren't that far away and you were in striking distance.

I like the look of it, but I'm finding myself being less and less interested in these games. It's probably the lack of story, some nonsense about gold in this one. Yet Alone in the Dark, Alan Wake and GTA even have gotton me far more interested because they are story based games. Might be my age. But going round shooting stuff with no context just seems a bit pointless, atleast for singleplayer.

Electronic Arts has confirmed that shooter Mercenaries 2: World in Flames has been delayed.

The game is currently in development for PC, PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. Recent rumours had it down for a February release, but EA told Eurogamer there would be no sign of it "within the next few months".

Now big boss John Riccitiello has confirmed the delay, stating Mercs 2 will be out in fiscal year 2009 - in other words, some time after 1st April. PS3 and Xbox 360 title Battlefield: Bad Company will also be late.

"We have made the decision to move Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2 into fiscal 2009," Riccitiello said.

I posted this ages ago somewhere else, does that not mean next year?

Look 2 lines down JB.

PS3 and Xbox 360 title Battlefield: Bad Company will also be late.

"We have made the decision to move Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2 into fiscal 2009," Riccitiello said.

Heh, I could delete those last two posts but I won't... 8-[

Shame as well, not bothered about Mercenaries but very bothered about Battlefield. You'd think that would be the headliner.

The fiscal year for 2009 starts in april 08.

So in other words the march 08 release has bene delayed by a month or two.

Oh...

Now I don't know whether to be excited or not so I'll just be confused.

bf series is an amazing game but to be honest its best played on a pc has the pc version is 10 times better then teh console one. this is a type of game where u dont even have to be in the top 3 at the end of each round to enjoy this game. you could be the worst player on the field yet still enjoy the game a heck of a lot plus i find it easier to get kills and points in a battlefield game.

Another reason why the pc is the ebst one to get is because the levels are HUUGE, too huge that even a 60 player server doesnt seem over crouded at all. in console versions you can only play with up to 16 or 32 but on the pc you can double that amount and trust me the more players in the server the more fun and intense it is

Xbox 360 Multiplayer Beta

IGN Founders’ Club and IGN Insider will offer keys to members and the public in North America and Europe to participate in the multiplayer beta test starting March 17 provided by IGN’s popular game download site FilePlanet (http://www.fileplanet.com).

In addition, keys will also be available through IGN Entertainment’s gaming Web sites including IGN.com, GameSpy, TeamXbox, Planet Battlefield and Voodoo Extreme.

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases...or-Battlefield-Bad-Company-Shipping-June-2008

Starting tommorow no advertising yet on sites for keys guess keys will be released tommorow sometime.

Edit: Bad news

IGN's PR Team distributed a press release announcing the Battlefield: Bad Company beta, which contained inaccurate information with regard to the timing of the beta's launch. Updated details on the beta will be released in the next few days.

http://corp.ign.com/articles/859/859539p1.html

Last edited:

DICE has revealed that delayed war title Battlefield: Bad Company is now aiming for a summer release.

Senior producer Karl Magnum aired the news on the latest Major Nelson podcast, but said he could offer nothing more specific at the moment.

Earlier this year EA South Africa revealed that it had pushed the title back to June, shortly before EA boss John Riccitiello publicly moved Battlefield: Bad Company and Mercenaries 2 into fiscal 2009.

He said it would both would offer better consumer experiences with a bit of "additional polish".

Battlefield: Bad Company is a single-player-focused instalment in the war series.

The story sees you trapped behind enemy lines where you will embark on a quest for gold and revenge.

We were promised a deep and cinematic experience full of dark humour and lots of destructible environments, but little has been heard since.

Pop over to our Battlefield: Bad Company gamepage to get up to date.

Back
Top Bottom