Battlefield : Bad Company Series

I find myself playing conquest almost entirely now. Got a bit tired of the idiots sticking C4 to the M-Com stations and then laying mines next to them.

I find myself playing conquest almost entirely now. Got a bit tired of the idiots sticking C4 to the M-Com stations and then laying mines next to them.

LOL I see this all the time too. I wonder if people finally understand that they can blow up their own stations when they get a -250 points message pop up! Probably not.

I may try conquest more often actually, maybe I'll get a feel for it. I am starting to grow weary of playing in teams where they clearly don't understand how Rush works.

Example; I joined a match last night on the defending team, but right at the end of the game. The attackers had just set the very last objective, yet as I joined the game I saw about 3 people ignoring it and WAITING for a chopper to re-spawn, and another 3 or 4 players ignoring it and running up the road towards the opposition.

Now, to most sane people, surely it makes sense to defuse the very last objective before waiting for a chopper? People don't seem to realise that if the final objective blows, that's it, the whole game is over, so waiting for that chopper to respawn while the objective alarm is ringing would be pointless. You can't parade up the map in your new chopper if the game has just ended.....

Hehe maybe conquest is the way to go!

I love Conquest. Sure, it can be frustrating at times, but overall it's a fantastic experience. Especially on Hardcore mode.

Example; I joined a match last night on the defending team, but right at the end of the game. The attackers had just set the very last objective, yet as I joined the game I saw about 3 people ignoring it and WAITING for a chopper to re-spawn, and another 3 or 4 players ignoring it and running up the road towards the opposition.

Now, to most sane people, surely it makes sense to defuse the very last objective before waiting for a chopper? People don't seem to realise that if the final objective blows, that's it, the whole game is over, so waiting for that chopper to respawn while the objective alarm is ringing would be pointless. You can't parade up the map in your new chopper if the game has just ended.....

Hehe maybe conquest is the way to go!

I see this all the fucking time!

Unfortunately FPS games like this and COD appeal to the lowest common denominators in society more than any other.

I've just got back into this game in the past week or so and the first time I turned it on I had to install a massive update (over 1gb) I thought this might be something to do with the Vietnam game but I don't see anything that has changed. Anybody know what the update was for?

I've just got back into this game in the past week or so and the first time I turned it on I had to install a massive update (over 1gb) I thought this might be something to do with the Vietnam game but I don't see anything that has changed. Anybody know what the update was for?

It was the Vietnam add on. You now need to purchase it though. Everything is downloaded ready for the game.

FPS sure do appeal to the lowest ranks of people, that IS for sure.

Last week some guy on the opposing team started sending me really offensive messages, most of them racist, before sending me a photo attachment. Curious, I opened it, only to find a shot of him standing in some bizarre pose in his living room wearing a balaclava.....

He then sent me another photo, this time of his face, flipping me the bird! Rubbish thing is that I complained about him to xbox live but I don't think they've done anything about it.

I may think twice before nailing someone with a repair tool in future......:SHOCK: Speaking of repair tools, they're a great way of taking out tanks. A little risky, I've been run over a few times but if you go to work on an enemy tank with the repair tool, it saps it's energy in seconds.

Anyone else had BC2 related hate mail? It's so pathetic it's oddly funny.

Last edited:
I've never had hate mail but I have travelled many miles on foot just to knife a camping sniper, sometimes a head shot isn't enough.

Also I've been playing a lot more Conquest in recent months, the idiots that camp the deployment area in Rush are ruining it.

That's because Conquest is awesome.

As for hate mail, never had that before. I did have one guy on the opposing team send me a message asking where I got the M95 SA from (when the Specact kit was first released)

I may think twice before nailing someone with a repair tool in future......:SHOCK: Speaking of repair tools, they're a great way of taking out tanks. A little risky, I've been run over a few times but if you go to work on an enemy tank with the repair tool, it saps it's energy in seconds.

Anyone else had BC2 related hate mail? It's so pathetic it's oddly funny.

'The Dentist' trophy/achievement is one of the greatest ever.

However, taking out enemy tanks with the repair tool? Now this I didn't know. Thanks for enlightening me to a new way of annoying people.

Never had any BF:BC2 hate mail. Had a fair bit when I used to play COD though, but that speaks volumes about the people that play that game.

Also I've been playing a lot more Conquest in recent months, the idiots that camp the deployment area in Rush are ruining it.

Conquest base campers can be quite annoying too, though. When you lose all your flags and they surround your base, it can be impossible to get out sometimes.

That's when I ditch my M14 and switch to the AN... and use the smoke grenades to my advantage.

'The Dentist' trophy/achievement is one of the greatest ever.

However, taking out enemy tanks with the repair tool? Now this I didn't know. Thanks for enlightening me to a new way of annoying people.

Never had any BF:BC2 hate mail. Had a fair bit when I used to play COD though, but that speaks volumes about the people that play that game.

Conquest base campers can be quite annoying too, though. When you lose all your flags and they surround your base, it can be impossible to get out sometimes.

Let me know how you get on with the repair tool! It saps the tank's energy really fast. Just make sure you do it from the side, I've been run over a few times by a driver totally unaware I was even there!

Mostly though the tank drivers hear the repair tool noise and assume it's a team mate. They don't seem to check their tank's health gauge in the bottom right corner..... :D

All the DLC is half price on XBL this week. Is Vietnam worth playing? Even just occasionally? And would you be wise to buy the short cut as everyone else will be tooled up now? Nevermind what does the SPECAT stuff do?

Ta lads.

I bought the SPECAT stuff when it was launched, its just different clothes and the weapons have different designs. No advantage gained from it.

I never bothered with the SPECAT stuff. Though, I do feel kind of cheeky if I shoot someone then take their gun and it's a SPECAT one. I'm then spending a decent amount of time sharing someone else's dlc content....

All the DLC is half price on XBL this week. Is Vietnam worth playing? Even just occasionally? And would you be wise to buy the short cut as everyone else will be tooled up now? Nevermind what does the SPECAT stuff do?

Ta lads.

Yes, very much so!

The weapons in Vietnam are all unlocked from the start if I remember right, and as a whole are less accurate as they all use iron sights (apart from the snipers) so you can jump in as a beginner and do just fine.

I never bothered with the SPECAT stuff. Though, I do feel kind of cheeky if I shoot someone then take their gun and it's a SPECAT one. I'm then spending a decent amount of time sharing someone else's dlc content....

Not really, as you can't get the Achievements that go with them.

My game freezes every time Arica Harbour comes up.

Originally thought it was something to do with how many friends I was playing with, as it only used to freeze when two other friends were on and was fine with one or three, but it did it yesterday with a full squad when Arica was the next level.

Just goes to a black screen with loading on the bottom and the icon spinning, but never loads. I can still talk to friends with the headset but they can play and I'm stuck on that screen.

Odd.

Cheers everyone for replies. Is Onslaught worth getting? Vietnam is bought and DL'n now.

Yes, very much so!

The weapons in Vietnam are all unlocked from the start if I remember right, and as a whole are less accurate as they all use iron sights (apart from the snipers) so you can jump in as a beginner and do just fine.

Ah bobbins, have just came in this thread after purchasing the unlock all pack.

Yeah isn't it onslaught a co-op mode against computer enemies who try storming you in waves or something?

That Arica freeze sounds bizarre though. The game has been acting very odd for a while, as other games become higher on the agenda I'm assuming that EA's server maintennance will get progressively worse unfortunately.

Last night though I had to give up playing, the lag was horrendous. Shot a guy with six seperate bursts of fire while he was riding on a quad bike towards me, all with hit markers, which emptied my entire clip, then he jumped off, clipped me with one burst, then as I crouched behind a wall I took more hits seconds after I'd already hidden.

The lag on this game can be deceptive, the game appears to be running fine most of the time, but hit detection can be where it mostly shows up. I also shot a tank with a rocket launcher and it passed straight through it, and also fired a rocket launcher which hit some guy in the chest, but didn't kill him. Of course he nailed me with a pistol straight away. Grrrr!

Last edited:
Onslaught is a kind of co-op survival mode. I've heard it's not that great as it very scripted i.e. enemy soldiers appear in the same positions on every play-through.

Been playing this game for the first time in ages now, boy does it swing so quickly from being absolutely amazing to being downright awful in minutes.

Had a great bunch of games last night, finished one with a K/D ratio of 35/4, I quit for a break, came back, and couldn't join anything resembling a proper match. Every game was full of level 50 players (why it's always level 50's I don't know) absolutely slaughtering everyone in tanks and attack choppers. I tried six or seven different matches and all were so one sided it was just not worth playing at all.

Then, my last match forced me to quit in annoyance because for whatever reason I suddenly started getting absolutely hammered. I couldn't even get out of my own base without being sniped, blown up by a spawn killer in a chopper, or shot by people flooding into our base. I quit the game with a score of 0/15......I genuinely think that your own personal score in this game is directly affected by how much your team mates are covering the right areas, playing properly etc. I literally couldn't move five feet without getting hammered from some angle or another.

How are you finding the games on 360 in terms of lag? I haven't been on it for a little while, kind of gave up because most of the games seemed to get worse and worse. Last time I was on the game, I quit because I was lurching left and right most of the time when standing still, and even teleported about 30 feet to the right on one occasion. On another, I couldn't go anywhere because the game kept warping me back 20 feet, then I'd run forward, the game warped me back etc. It's not my internet settings or anything like that because up until recently it was awesome. Now it's pretty much unplayable for me :(

I'm assuming EA are not bothering to keep up their servers any more in preparation for other games?

I jumped into the Vietnam add on there a couple of weeks ago, lag didnt seem to bad, but one team was just commandeering the Choppers and it was impossible to win, despite taking flags, once you raised it, a Chopper would come in and kill ya. I couldnt hit them with the RPG either, seemed nigh on impossible too.

Overall I still think it should of been standalone like BF1943 was.

Back
Top Bottom