Battlefield : Bad Company Series

How are you finding the games on 360 in terms of lag?

I've put a good few hours into the 360 version now (up to level 10) and I can honestly say it's been pretty much flawless. I experienced almost no lag on the PS3 version either.

I jumped into the Vietnam add on there a couple of weeks ago, lag didnt seem to bad, but one team was just commandeering the Choppers and it was impossible to win, despite taking flags, once you raised it, a Chopper would come in and kill ya. I couldnt hit them with the RPG either, seemed nigh on impossible too.

At least in the Vietnam DLC the choppers are more vulnerable as they can be damaged with regular small arms fire. I've even taken one out with a pistol.

On the other hand 'chopper whores' in BC2 are a complete nightmare, especially when they have you completely pinned down and take you out the moment you jump on a heavy MG or AA gun. The game is unbalanced in this respect as it's difficult to defeat a helicopter that's griefing your team.

Hmm, strange why my game is unplayable, other online games are still fine. Last time I played it, I threw down an ammo box and turned round to find it floating in mid-air!

The amount of time that guy has spent playing BC2 is crazy. It must be most of his entire year spent playing it.

Hopefully when I have the time I can get back on this game though, perhaps not quite as much as that though!

Anyone still on this? I finally got back on it last night after a long time away from the game, still love it!

Finally reached platinum for all the assault rifles, now on to the medic classes which I've almost never touched in nearly a year. I've noticed my average points totals as medic has absolutely shot up, loving it so far. I'm using the first medic gun in the list (PK something or other I think) and love how sparingly you can pop off shots, meaning you don't need to reload anywhere near as much. Managed to take down 5 people running towards me down a corridoor one by one :D

Last edited:
I still play regularly, addicted to the M14 Enhanced + C4 (all classes).

Okay this is a long shot, but my mate recently got BC2 for PS3 so I picked up a copy too, however it tells me that I need to download that massive update (update 1.05). I try downloading it and it just sits there at 0-1% and never downloads.

I tried googling it but no-one has any answers even though there seem to be tons of people complaining about the same problem. Fucking ridiculous, you buy a game and then can't play it because the servers are screwed and don't let you download the update to play the thing. So currently my disc is being used as an expensive coaster.

The only answers online seem to be 'get better internet', which isn't the issue, because I have 50MB Virgin broadband, and everything else works brilliantly. I just downloaded the Drake's Fortune 3 beta from the PSN store in less than 15 minutes, and that was 1.4GB. In over 1 hour of leaving the BC2 to update, which is 1.7GB, it had done 1% and the number of minutes remaining had increased from 340 minutes to over 20,000.

Seems like something is totally fucked on the EA/PSN front and they're still selling the game, which is a disgrace. Their official forum has one person asking this question and EA tell him to google it. Fucking cheek.

Anyone else had this problem downloading the update, and if so what did you do to fix it?

LOL oh dear. Never experienced this with any other game, everything downloads really fast....oh well. It's been downloading now for nearly 6 hours and is only 3% away from finishing. If something goes wrong with the update and doesn't work properly, and I have to start again, I'm literally throwing the disc out of the window......

God knows how long you'd have to wait if you picked up Gran Turismo 5. With amount of updates that has had you would have to leave your PS3 on in the background for about a week.

It's been pretty good fun starting the MP all over again, unlocking everything from the start. Fun but also frustrating, magnum ammo seems to make a huge difference and now I'm without it for a while. I keep going to do something, then realise I haven't unlocked it as I'm so used to having the full range of stuff at my disposal. Fun to level up though, I'm flying through the ranks now that I'm much better at the game second time round.

It's been pretty good fun starting the MP all over again, unlocking everything from the start. Fun but also frustrating, magnum ammo seems to make a huge difference and now I'm without it for a while. I keep going to do something, then realise I haven't unlocked it as I'm so used to having the full range of stuff at my disposal. Fun to level up though, I'm flying through the ranks now that I'm much better at the game second time round.

So you're doing the exact same thing as me - playing the game through again on the other console except now you're on PS3 and I'm on 360? :))

LOL oh dear. Never experienced this with any other game, everything downloads really fast....oh well. It's been downloading now for nearly 6 hours and is only 3% away from finishing. If something goes wrong with the update and doesn't work properly, and I have to start again, I'm literally throwing the disc out of the window......

I'm guessing this was sorted in the end, but I had the same problem. I just brought a 30 meter ethernet cable and plugged my Ps3 into "Wire" internet (not wireless) the update still took about 90 mins but it was a lot better than Wireless which was going to take 10 hours.

Since then I just put the wire in each time a game has a big update - did it with Mod Nation Racer, Play TV and a few other things. One thing I would recommend doing is getting a new (bigger) HD for your PS3 as these days games are getting bigger in terms of their install size, soon you could run out of space, and you don't want to have to start deleting stuff then redownloading it.

So you're doing the exact same thing as me - playing the game through again on the other console except now you're on PS3 and I'm on 360? :))

Haha oh yeah, I've got some friends who've started playing on ps3 so I've joined them on it now that it's cheap to buy, but I'll still frequent the 360 version more often because I have more friends on there that still play the game regularly :)

I'm guessing this was sorted in the end, but I had the same problem. I just brought a 30 meter ethernet cable and plugged my Ps3 into "Wire" internet (not wireless) the update still took about 90 mins but it was a lot better than Wireless which was going to take 10 hours.

Since then I just put the wire in each time a game has a big update - did it with Mod Nation Racer, Play TV and a few other things. One thing I would recommend doing is getting a new (bigger) HD for your PS3 as these days games are getting bigger in terms of their install size, soon you could run out of space, and you don't want to have to start deleting stuff then redownloading it.

True, HD space is more important these days. Not sure what happened with the update, everything last weekend was running terribly as far as PS3 updates went. I gave up trying to download a 180mb update for another game too.

Thankfully the game did download, though after installing it gave me an error code and said it couldn't install, but it obviously has because it started working after that.

Updates, eh? :SHOCK:

It is fun to restart though like I said, my very first game I got 10 kills and 5 vehicle destroys from piloting just one UAV!

Not sure if this is just the PC version but ... how the fuck do you even get close to a decent K/D ratio?! Every game I join it seems I'm being spawn-killed by snipers, if I manage to go anywhere then assault people are picking off at will as they seem to know exactly where I'm going to be. If I manage to actually find someone and get some shots into them, I put a full clip away, they turn around and kill me with one shot.

I mean come on, it seems far worse than COD at the moment with newbies not even standing half a chance!

And is every map a desert or snow map?

Not sure if this is just the PC version but ... how the fuck do you even get close to a decent K/D ratio?! Every game I join it seems I'm being spawn-killed by snipers, if I manage to go anywhere then assault people are picking off at will as they seem to know exactly where I'm going to be. If I manage to actually find someone and get some shots into them, I put a full clip away, they turn around and kill me with one shot.

I mean come on, it seems far worse than COD at the moment with newbies not even standing half a chance!

And is every map a desert or snow map?

It can get frustrating at times, but I recently restarted BC2 on the 360 after rinsing the PS3 version and didn't have too much trouble. I've still got a negative K/D ratio mind, but then I always do in FPS games.

Perhaps it's just the PC version. Mouse and keyboard is deadly accurate - too accurate in my opinion - so I prefer FPS games on consoles as aiming is less clinical.

Re: the maps - no, there's plenty of maps set in green fields or jungle: Laguna Presa, Valparaiso, Islas Innocentes, Heavy Metal, Laguna Alta, Harvest Day, Panama Canal.

Conquest, IMO, will get you in a better position for positive K/D ratio.

Rush can be awful at times for being killed over and over.

Cheers lads, will stick to conquest. I've gone decent at sniping now, love spotting the enemy although I think I camp more than I should! :P

Cheers lads, will stick to conquest. I've gone decent at sniping now, love spotting the enemy although I think I camp more than I should! :P

You know about pressing select/back to spot enemies with any weapon? Very useful for helping the team and racking up the points.

Back
Top Bottom