Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Just finished off the Recon & Engineer classes, loving the UMP and the M95!

Liking the Marksman bonuses you get for extra long headshots with a sniper rifle. Not really tried for a longer distance kill than my current best, 182 points, but I've seen videos of people maxing the bonus out at 500 and it's nuts. Satisfying getting these shots.

Do you have the SPECACT upgrades? I had the M95 SA and clocked up almost 1000 kills with it during my sniper phase. Switched back to the Gol for some reason and realised that it's a far better gun, especially with Magnum ammo. The only thing the M95 has over it is power - it can take out trees with one shot and also penetrate the chopper windscreens. However, it's stupidly loud and takes forever to reload. I did love the immense power and recoil originally, but after switching back to the Gol, I never looked back.

Much prefer Assault class now, though, and have picked up over 1000 kills with the M16 SA.

Love the game. Haven't tried the new maps, yet, as I want to 1000/1000 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood first, or at least as close to.

Scutchio.png

Do you have the SPECACT upgrades? I had the M95 SA and clocked up almost 1000 kills with it during my sniper phase. Switched back to the Gol for some reason and realised that it's a far better gun, especially with Magnum ammo. The only thing the M95 has over it is power - it can take out trees with one shot and also penetrate the chopper windscreens. However, it's stupidly loud and takes forever to reload. I did love the immense power and recoil originally, but after switching back to the Gol, I never looked back.

Much prefer Assault class now, though, and have picked up over 1000 kills with the M16 SA.

Love the game. Haven't tried the new maps, yet, as I want to 1000/1000 Assassin's Creed Brotherhood first, or at least as close to.

Scutchio.png
Nope, haven't got the SPECACT stuff. It's just cosmetic changes isn't it?

Have to agree about the M95, it's great for power but a bit too loud. Love scaring the fuck out of some chap hiding in a building by firing the wall off. The Gol definitely seems the better rifle overall, and I'll switch back eventually.

The Assault class is my least used class, I've had 2 games with it! Looking forward to using the M16 though, it was my main gun back in MW2 and although it's now automatic I have fond memories. Going through Medic at the moment.

I like all the new maps, they all have a particular charm of their own. Heavy Metal is nuts, but also a beauty.

I was using Engineer and Sniper class for ages, never touching Assault or Medic. I then switched to Assault, give it time (you have to learn to fire in bursts with the assault rifles) and now love it. Still haven't got any points at all with Medic class, but I have picked up fallen medics' gear and revived/killed a few guys. So all my points have came mainly from the other 3 classes. I loved Engineer, taking out vehicles with the landmines and Carl Gustav.

Such a brilliantly addictive, yet sometimes frustrating, game.

Nope, haven't got the SPECACT stuff. It's just cosmetic changes isn't it?

Have to agree about the M95, it's great for power but a bit too loud. Love scaring the fuck out of some chap hiding in a building by firing the wall off. The Gol definitely seems the better rifle overall, and I'll switch back eventually.

The Assault class is my least used class, I've had 2 games with it! Looking forward to using the M16 though, it was my main gun back in MW2 and although it's now automatic I have fond memories. Going through Medic at the moment.

I like all the new maps, they all have a particular charm of their own. Heavy Metal is nuts, but also a beauty.

Sometimes I fit the M95 with the red dot sight and use it as a short-medium range bolt action rifle. I know it's unconventional but if you get a shot on target from short range with one of these the target isn't getting up.

Also a good tip for assault class is to use the shotguns. Because you don't get a grenade launcher with a shotgun you're given C4 instead. And because you can resupply yourself with ammo packs then you have an unlimited supply of C4 at your disposal. Much fun and destruction ensues.

My favourite assault gun is the AN-94 Abakan, though. Two-shot bursts and deadly accurate.

Sometimes I fit the M95 with the red dot sight and use it as a short-medium range bolt action rifle. I know it's unconventional but if you get a shot on target from short range with one of these the target isn't getting up.

Also a good tip for assault class is to use the shotguns. Because you don't get a grenade launcher with a shotgun you're given C4 instead. And because you can resupply yourself with ammo packs then you have an unlimited supply of C4 at your disposal. Much fun and destruction ensues.

My favourite assault gun is the AN-94 Abakan, though. Two-shot bursts and deadly accurate.

You don't have to limit yourself to a shotgun. The G3 comes with C4 too, and it's now been patched with a red dot scope. Win.

You don't have to limit yourself to a shotgun. The G3 comes with C4 too, and it's now been patched with a red dot scope. Win.

Yeah, of course, I forgot about the G3. The same goes for the M14 as well, and they are both pretty devastating with the red dot sight. Mind you these take a while to unlock if I remember right, and if you're only just starting out with the assault class then shotguns are the way to go if you want C4.

Definite purchase for me. Been having so much fun on BFBC2 these past few weeks.

Hopefully, we'll get the chance to use aeroplanes, helicopters and other vehicles.

Just reading that review, I have to agree with the end of it. Why wasnt it a standalone XBLA / PSN release like BF1943. It would of made so much more sense. People wouldnt need to own BFBC2, it can sit on your HDD, and not need a disc to boot up and get into some good shooting MP. Tis a shame really, IF it had of been a DL release, I would of bought it right away, as is; I may just wait for a price drop or just leave it.

Last edited:
Brought it last week from www.game.co.uk it was on offer for a short time at £8.99 for pc what a bargain. Few hours after i'd purchased it it was back selling at its still cheap price of £16.99. Amazon have got it at £11.99 ATM. Just wish i had time to unlock all the weapons available as i can't spare 100's of hours playing it. Any hints for a newbies on getting some weapons unloacked the quick way.

Brought it last week from www.game.co.uk it was on offer for a short time at £8.99 for pc what a bargain. Few hours after i'd purchased it it was back selling at its still cheap price of £16.99. Amazon have got it at £11.99 ATM. Just wish i had time to unlock all the weapons available as i can't spare 100's of hours playing it. Any hints for a newbies on getting some weapons unloacked the quick way.

You can purchase the weapons separately mate as a class pack. Kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game to unlock rewards, but for a newbie it's never easy going into a fight against guys with much better weapons.

I second that Scutch. If i had to start from scratch I'd just buy the packs as it takes hours to unlock anything decent.

But, I've been struggling along at level 8 with my mediocre weapons.

Some days it gets unbearable when the enemy have the reload speed and firing speed advantage on their weapons and I've unloaded a whole clip into them, yet I still die first. But, I'm determined to soldier on.

How good is this game compared to previous Battfield games, as I loved 1942 and Battlefield 2 then they went downhill as 2142 was awful at best.

I am just tempted to buy it as it is only £6 on steam today.

So how does this rate compared to the earlier Battlefield games or has it been severly ballsed up and consolefied like every game seems to have been recently.

Battlefield 2 is a far superior game to Bad Company 2, but thats not to say that Bad Company 2 is crap. On consoles at least it offers a great multiplayer experience.

How good is this game compared to previous Battfield games, as I loved 1942 and Battlefield 2 then they went downhill as 2142 was awful at best.

I am just tempted to buy it as it is only £6 on steam today.

So how does this rate compared to the earlier Battlefield games or has it been severly ballsed up and consolefied like every game seems to have been recently.

I've not played the PC Battlefield games to compare it to but if you can pick up BF:BC2 for £6 then there is really no decision to make. Just get it, it's awesome fun.

I'm playing on the PS3 and it's certainly not a dumbed-down, mass-market shooter like COD. It still promotes tactics and teamwork above all else.

Anyone tried Vietnam add on yet?

I've downloaded but I'm too ill to play it. Poor show.

Apparently scopes are out unless you're recon, so if you relied on sights, get ready to change your gameplan.

Damn it, I just want to play the Vietnam expansion already. The 360 people have it today and the PC people have had it since the 18th.

Get your act together SCEE and EA.

Battlefield 2 is a far superior game to Bad Company 2, but thats not to say that Bad Company 2 is crap. On consoles at least it offers a great multiplayer experience.

Thanks for the feedback, I wanted to know from someone who has played the PC battlefield games and if your saying it is good for console multiplayer. Then I think I will give it a miss.

I'm loving Vietnam so far.

I second this. So far, the maps have been great, and I love all the flames being thrown all over the place. The napalm bombing effects from the sky are also awesome, my first "wow" moment of the expansion.

I prefer this Vietnam setting in comparison to Black Ops as well. The BFBC2 version of 'Nam has giant open maps with plenty of jungle cover and foxholes. Unlike most of the regular BC2 maps, all the 'Nam environments are more accessible to the attackers, and when playing as a defender there is a great sense that the attackers are swarming in from all angles. Plus, with bases being less fortified in comparison to modern bases, there is great use of destruction 2.0

BFBC2 was already the best console shooter, and the 'Nam expansion makes it even better.

The Call of Duty series has it's place, but I think if people would give the Bad Company series a go, they'd make the switch over like I did.

Is the pc version more responsive in moving and aiming?
I can't get used to the laggy moving on the DICE games now. I tried MOH a few weeks ago and found simple things like aiming down the sights and keeping your aim tracked to someone difficult to control. A slight nudge and the aim jerks off too far. I tried sniping some guy on a hill and each tap left and right kept overshooting him.. in the end I had to slowly move the stick to the side and wait for the aim to move over him and them release.

Is the pc version more responsive in moving and aiming?
I can't get used to the laggy moving on the DICE games now. I tried MOH a few weeks ago and found simple things like aiming down the sights and keeping your aim tracked to someone difficult to control. A slight nudge and the aim jerks off too far. I tried sniping some guy on a hill and each tap left and right kept overshooting him.. in the end I had to slowly move the stick to the side and wait for the aim to move over him and them release.

I personally don't think so no, but then again it forces you to use the mouse/keyboard which is hyper sensitive anyway. I didn't notice any lag.

Done it and love it! Never really 'got it' on the pc, but just played an awesome rush game and now it's clicked. What a bloody brilliant game!

I'll definitely grab the Vietnam pack once I get my hdd put into the 4gb slim.

I much prefer Conquest over Rush, as Rush relies too much on getting things done quickly and you have very little time to think - Rush is therefore very aptly named. Conquest just seems far more open to me and gives you more scope to explore and take out individual targets not associated with nod particular area of the map.

Back
Top Bottom