Battlefield : Bad Company Series

I know i'm banging on but my mates and i prefer the HC modes because they do away with "bullshit" really like getting hit-markers and not killing the guy.

You can get the drop on a few enemy players and do them in one magazine, and if you are a sneaky git then you don't give to much of a position away.

-

I would like them to sort spotting out for HC mode in Bad Company 2 but instead of messing with little orange dots on a mode where the HUD is limited, "spotted" enemies should take extra damage, just tag on some justification that the other team knows what they're aiming at or something of that ilk.

That way Motion mines become a lot more useful too in this mode, any enemy bods in the radius get put down really quickly.

Balance wise that should hold up as you can't "spam" the select button with it's cooldown.

-

I hope any sequels work on little MAG style squad boosts that reward decent play etc, subtle perks like perhaps better accuracy or faster base capping.

I only play HC mode, and have done for quite some time. It's much better, and gives you a better sense of your surroundings, as you don't get a kill-cam or indications of enemies on the mini map, unless you fire out a motion mine or two. You also have to rely heavily on the medics, as once you take a hit, you stay hit until patched up. That's why the medics usually get the big scores on HC mode.

Really looking forward to the new maps tomorrow.

BF doesn't look as good graphically as Black Ops, and I guess I mean the framerate is just so much better, it just runs smoother, looks smoother. Like, when you're moving around.
Do you play on 360 for this too Tim? Seems opposite for me on PS3, although it's possibly looking extra lush due to Black Ops being pretty inferior on this system.
I only play HC mode, and have done for quite some time. It's much better, and gives you a better sense of your surroundings, as you don't get a kill-cam or indications of enemies on the mini map, unless you fire out a motion mine or two. You also have to rely heavily on the medics, as once you take a hit, you stay hit until patched up. That's why the medics usually get the big scores on HC mode.

Really looking forward to the new maps tomorrow.
This seems great, going to level up on core a fair bit more to get the gear I'm after then ween into hardcore.

Atacama Desert by the way, had another crazy game of Onslaught on there tonight, was taken out by the falling chopper I'd taken down with the anti-aircraft gunner, before spawning in a building with a squaddie 2 seconds before a blummin' mega explosion that caused the building to cave in on us. Love it.

I've just popped this in to update my game, and didn't get any message telling me I required an update?

Should I have?

Did it manually via the store. 1.6GB multiplayer update 3.

Vietnam looks great, we'll be snarfing that one! Flamethrower will be interesting. The patch by the way is for the maps they added for free. They're all great, especially the epic Heavy Metal.

The more I play this game, the more I wonder why on earth I bothered with Call Of Duty for so long. Every class is worth time & effort, every map is great in it's own way and the clientele is the best I've found on a FPS.

Sniping is extremely satisfying, especially with super long range headshots! Had a few tonight where I had to aim high and let the bullet drop. On my Engineer I'm still using the 9A-91 Avtomat as it's a sexy little biscuit, even though I've unlocked up to the X8 Compact I just cannot put that Avtomat down.

So what do you guys think of the new maps? I'm enjoying Cold War and Oasis as they're all about close quarters combat with less emphasis on sniping, which is great for me. I love Cold War in particular as it's a bit of a meat grinder.

Heavy Metal and Harvest Day are great maps but are far too big for 24 players (especially Heavy Metal).

I love the diversity of the maps. There's something in it for everyone, and being able to pick which map you play on is really good. Haven't had to change from "Any" yet, as I'm enjoying them all.

I absolutely love playing on Cold War, I mainly use assault so it suits me perfectly. Getting a squad into the enemy territory and repeatedly spawning on each other is a great way to use team tactics on this level in particular.

As for the others, I can see why people like them, but I rarely ever used vehicles and every time I join a game there seems to be someone who's amazing at flying the choppers just circling overhead slaughtering everyone. If I get into a vehicle, even as a gunner, it seems to get blown up within seconds whereas these guys manage to stay in the air miles longer. That kinda sucks.

Speaking about the graphics from earlier, that's odd that some people think Black Ops has the better graphics. BC2 looks miles better in my eyes. I personally was shocked when I saw BO's graphics, they were unsharp, had poor textures and the gun models for example make the game look 3 years old at least.

One thing's for sure, if you've just started playing it, the online game is HARD. I've had it since March, but took a long time to learn how to play if effectively. You don't run around unless you're going somewhere specific, and use anything you can find as cover. It all just eventually comes together, and the extra classes and vehicles allow you to play the game as you'd like, which is what I like the most. Firing the gun is harder than in games like COD too. You need to learn to control the shots, fire in short bursts etc, and sniping features bullet drop so you need to aim above people's heads depending on the distance. It's hard but feels so rewarding when you loop a sniper shot to the right of someone moving and they literally run into the bullet....

One thing I've recently found is how effective smoke grenades are. As an assault class you don't have the weapons to blow up tanks, but you can engulf them in smoke and literally force enemy tanks to reverse back down the road if they're pummeling your base. It's also great for throwing diversions, as a sudden puff of smoke makes most players think it's being used for people to run through unseen, and attention goes to the clouds of smoke. Quality!

Last edited:
One thing I've recently found is how effective smoke grenades are. As an assault class you don't have the weapons to blow up tanks, but you can engulf them in smoke and literally force enemy tanks to reverse back down the road if they're pummeling your base. It's also great for throwing diversions, as a sudden puff of smoke makes most players think it's being used for people to run through unseen, and attention goes to the clouds of smoke. Quality!

You should try using the V-Smoke vehicle perk when flying a UAV. You can release multiple salvos of smoke from high altitude to cover the advance of your team-mates and confuse the enemy.

You need to learn to control the shots, fire in short bursts etc, and sniping features bullet drop so you need to aim above people's heads depending on the distance. It's hard but feels so rewarding when you loop a sniper shot to the right of someone moving and they literally run into the bullet....
Completely agree, so rewarding. There's only one thing that BC2 could take from BO, and that's a theatre mode to go and re-watch shots like those.

Yeap i love it!

My mates and i, we all play our favoured classes in a squad now and it's quality how it all clicks.

One of the best things playing with my mates is we have a one of us who loves playing the Recon class and he play's it properly. Motion mines and good mortaring etc.
In Conquest especially he seems to know exactly when go for enemy bases or when to sit back and defend ours....It's great when you lose a base and all of a sudden three of you spawn behind a rock (it really sounds wrong doesn't it :SHOCK: )and take it back.

You can just imagine someone on the other team going "riiiiiight i'll just sneak around to their ba...BOOM" :APPLAUD:

I'm liking some of the shotguns now too, especially now that you can sometimes nail two or three people close together in one shot.

-

I agree with some maps being too big for 24 players really though and those maps become a chore if your team-mates are just all hiding on a hill somewhere instead of taking bases or blowing up stations.

Still small gripe when it comes down to it and at least there's a bit more variety in map styles again.

I'm liking some of the shotguns now too, especially now that you can sometimes nail two or three people close together in one shot.

That'll be the Neostead 2000. Awesome when you get your shot on target but if you miss you're fucked!

Agree with what you're saying about squads. Get a few mates in a squad and this game is simply awesome. I keep trying to get some of my Black-Ops playing workmates to buy this game but for some reason they just wont. They just don't want to play anything other than COD. Such a shame that many people overlook BFBC:2 in this way.

Amidst the drunkeness and leering over a few lasses really too young for us in the local last night we tried to get a few converts from the COD brigade too heh. ;)

A lot of the people i play online with are workmates or old friends from school/college etc and there was a large turnout of friends of friends out last night putting faces to PSN names which was pretty cool actually...Especially as the lad with the softest voice out of our lot looks like some kind of Latino Gang Leader, was funny watching the reaction when all they realised he wasn't the little skally he does sound like over the headset haha.

Not much luck though converting though.

It's bad news when you've got a bunch of late 20-30 somethings already planning the next COD session over a few pints, but then trying to explain why Bad Company 2 is better...It doesn't work.

-

Saying that the lad who manages the bar is getting it for Christmas so maybe if i revive him a few times in game i get the odd cheeky short passed my way in the future :BOP:

I'm reporting back for duty on soon, can't wait.

Cheers dude I'll have to give the UAV smoke thing a go, I never realised you could use that!

Yeah, the only think from BO that I liked was the theatre mode, now that would be amazing in BC2. I also know people who refuse to give BC2 try and stick to BO and MW2, I just don't know why....

It's because CoD is a pick up and play, high-adrenaline quick satisfaction type of game. You don't really have think tactically (or aim for that matter) and you're rewarded in bucket loads.

Battlefield is a lot more realistic and requires a lot more thought to do well at it.

Re: Re: Battlefield : Bad Company Series

It's because CoD is a pick up and play, high-adrenaline quick satisfaction type of game. You don't really have think tactically (or aim for that matter) and you're rewarded in bucket loads.

Battlefield is a lot more realistic and requires a lot more thought to do well at it.

Yup cod is for kids hehe or none hardcore gamers

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

So very true. I played COD for the last few years amongst mainly the pubeless. It's been a continuous facepalm-a-thon for me ever since I booted up BFBC2 for the first time.

Had a good session last night doing Conflict games with a mate from the US, with our combined age of around 66. We had a mixed bag of results but the fun factor was off the scale. I hardly see any kind of stupid xx-bL00d33-x-u$3rn@m3-xx either

Just rebought this in time for the recently released maps and Vietnam expansion.

Had a right session tonight on the PS3 with a few American folk (complete randoms, but very active over the mics). Really enjoying the new maps, but boy do I need to level up some. The only decent guns I have are on assault.

Just finished off the Recon & Engineer classes, loving the UMP and the M95!

Liking the Marksman bonuses you get for extra long headshots with a sniper rifle. Not really tried for a longer distance kill than my current best, 182 points, but I've seen videos of people maxing the bonus out at 500 and it's nuts. Satisfying getting these shots.

Just finished off the Recon & Engineer classes, loving the UMP and the M95!

Liking the Marksman bonuses you get for extra long headshots with a sniper rifle. Not really tried for a longer distance kill than my current best, 182 points, but I've seen videos of people maxing the bonus out at 500 and it's nuts. Satisfying getting these shots.

There's a spot on the Arica Harbour Rush map where you can snipe from the top of a hill near the very first US deployment and you can fire across the full length of the map. Not sure how you get up there, though, but I've seen others doing it.

I bought BF2 a couple of months ago, played a few games then got rid of it, which was silly really as I didnt even give it a chance. I'm not really a FPS fan, but I absolutely loved RB6 Vegas 1 and 2, and hammered them to death. After a few games of BF2, it felt a bit like COD compared to the more tactical approach of RB6 Vegas. There are regular BF2 Tournaments on PEEL, alot of the members hammer it and love it, so I've told my missis to buy me it again for Christmas, so I can give it the chance it obviously deserves. I know the lads from PEEL set up squads and took on squads from PESFan recently in a PEEL v PESFan BF2 match. I liked the sound of that.

The whole Vietnam thing interests me, so I guess I'll start looking around for hints and tips on what BF2 is all about.

Did anybody else like RB6 Vegas 1+2 ? Whats the consensus on that game ? I absolutely loved the stealth element to it, for me, unlike COD, which I dont like at all, it felt like a FPS simulation-ish. I dont know how accurate that statement is, thats just how it felt to a FPS novice like me.

Hopefully BF2 will fill the void left by RB6 Vegas 2. I just wish you had the option to take cover, lean and shoot in BF2 like you could in Vegas 2. I loved that feature, surely it should be standard across all FPS's ?

There's a spot on the Arica Harbour Rush map where you can snipe from the top of a hill near the very first US deployment and you can fire across the full length of the map. Not sure how you get up there, though, but I've seen others doing it.
I think I know where you mean. There's a tower to snipe from that's furthest away from the big rock area leading down the hill, and I managed to get my largest Marksman bonus from that tower, taking out a chap near the A flag.

Back
Top Bottom