Battlefield : Bad Company Series

Bad Company 2 is still worth playing, especially with the new balance patch, Vietnam DLC and extra maps released this month or the next :BOP:

It's the multiplayer that keeps it fresh, especially if you could get a squad of mates together on it or a regular group from your friends-list.

The game promotes team-work and tactics, while not bogging you down with too much. It's very pick up and play but also rewards smart play, two people teaming up can win a game. A squad of four people playing together can cause hell for the opposition taking bases in conquest or attacking/defending in rush.

CEX sold a few copies with the online VIP code for £15 when i was looking in on Thursday. In my opinion, it's a steal at that :COOL:

EA uses a VIP code so you can get extra maps for free. It's one of those DLC cons to hamper the second-hand market and for the most part it only unlocks things that are already on the disc.

CEX is ConsoleExchange, a chain of shops, it's not too bad for trade ins on occassion. There were some Bad Company 2's for £15 complete with codes (It costs about £10 for the code otherwise i think) when i went on Tuesday.

Best ask the people on the counter to see if they'll sort you one with an unused code.

Indeed. It's interesting that the final map information is released tomorrow - almost like they've realised waiting a week for info on a different map is a shit idea.

So hopefully we should have the pack very soon.

Or they could just tease us again and release it next year.

C4 whores beware... I think.

Here is a complete list of all the fixes in this update:

- Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
- Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
- Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
- Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
- Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
- Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
- Increased the AT4’s top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
- Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
- Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
- Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
- Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
- Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
- Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
- Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
- Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
- Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
- Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
- Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

Multiplayer update

Played this for the first time last night after picking up the UE for cheap. Very enjoyable, despite me getting shot to shit.

Love the map in the snow set around lots of residential houses.

I heard a rumour that this game has a single-player campaign? Ha.

I heard a rumour that this game has a single-player campaign? Ha.

The single player campaign gets a bit of a hard time from many people but I think it's no worse than the crap COD serves up. Short and sweet, and worth the play-through just for some easy trophies if nothing else.

Are people still quite active on this game?

I might pick up a cheap copy as I used the online code on the original back when it was first released and assume it's still working.

Hmm, doesn't run anywhere near as smooth as Black Ops, and every time I spawned I seemed to get shot by a sniper within 20 seconds...

Hmm, doesn't run anywhere near as smooth as Black Ops, and every time I spawned I seemed to get shot by a sniper within 20 seconds...

That's why it's always in your best interests to be part of a team, as you have at least 4 different spawn points - if your team members are active.

You don't even have to know the guys, either. Just request to be part of a squad at the start.

Re: Re: Battlefield : Bad Company Series

That's why it's always in your best interests to be part of a team, as you have at least 4 different spawn points - if your team members are active.

You don't even have to know the guys, either. Just request to be part of a squad at the start.
Yeah I fell victim to not squadding up a few times on my first night.

Tried Assault, Recon and Engineer classes out, seems pretty balanced so far. Had a lot of fun last night on the dusty map with the abandoned ships in the middle.

Got the great GT5 the same day as this and I've played more BC2 by far.

Re: Re: Battlefield : Bad Company Series

The single player campaign gets a bit of a hard time from many people but I think it's no worse than the crap COD serves up. Short and sweet, and worth the play-through just for some easy trophies if nothing else.
Yeah, I watched the intro video last night and it looks playable. More traditional war-time stuff than the Hollywood-style psycho-shenanigans offered in COD perhaps?

Yeah I fell victim to not squadding up a few times on my first night.

Tried Assault, Recon and Engineer classes out, seems pretty balanced so far. Had a lot of fun last night on the dusty map with the abandoned ships in the middle.

Got the great GT5 the same day as this and I've played more BC2 by far.

Atacama Desert map. That can be very frustrating, but it's an Engineers dream, as you can plant a fair few anti-tank mines near any of the flags and usually pick up big points.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 may lag on PC and Xbox 360 today not because of the snow but because DICE is applying a hefty patch.

The DICE blog states that service will be back to normal at 9am tomorrow morning.

This update paves the way for Bad Company 2 expansion Vietnam - available to pre-order at the EA store now for £10 - and Map Pack 7. We can't find a release date for either, so we're checking with EA.

Today's PC patch is a whopping 2.5GB. In it the following are fixed:

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed an issue where the Bullet Tracers wouldn't display
* Fixed an issue where Play Now wouldn't work
* Added Ticket Count for Conquest end of round.
* Added the server info to the objectives screen.

On Xbox 360 the fix-list is much longer:

* Acog and Red dot scope now equippable on MK-14 and G3.
* Fixed a bug on PC where the G3 would do less damage than intended.
* Reduced VADS push back and damage to balance it with the ZU23.
* Fixed a bug where Vehicle Countermeasures would fail to remove tracer darts at high speed.
* Reduced the reload time for Vehicle Countermeasures.
* Slightly increased the AT4's damage vs armor to emphasize its anti vehicle role while keeping it balanced vs armor.
* Increased the AT4's top speed and acceleration so users spend less time exposed when firing.
* Increased the AT4's splash damage so it competes with other AT weapons vs infantry. The AT4 still has the least splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Reduced the splash damage of the Carl Gustav to bring it in line with other explosive weapons. The Carl Gustav still has the most splash damage of all AT weapons.
* Increased the 1 shot kill range of the M95 body shot to counter its lower rate of fire.
* Fixed a bug with the SVU that gave it better close range damage than other semi auto weapons.
* Reduced all weapon damage to the MCOM by 50%.
* Fixed a C4 vs MCOM exploit on Atacama Desert.
* Fixed a bug with FOV when aiming the M1911.
* Lowered the close range damage of the AN94 to highlight its long range role.
* Increased the accuracy of the F2000 on the move to highlight its role as a mobile AR.
* Increased the close range damage of the shotguns to give them a greater advantage vs slugs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the M60 to balance its accuracy advantage vs other LMGs.
* Slightly lowered the damage of the MG3 at close range to balance it with other high rate of fire weapons.
* Slightly increased the damage of the UH6

The PS3 version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has already been patched.

I flat out prefer this than Black Ops, especially in hardcore mode. Probably because you control the spawns and die less "randomly".

-

The thing is it's all dependant to an extent on squad balance and there's also a kind of "counter-class" mechanic to the game.

Out of my mates i always play a Medic and usually i use the "body armour" perk. Unless i get headshot by a Recon i get a chance to run/hide and heal up/heal others. Our guns can also pepper the areas a Recon hides, especially if we change perks.

As a Medic i cannot do sod all against vehicles and the guns aren't the most accurate although they fire a load of rounds, but still an Assault or Engineer in close has a better chance of wasting me than i them.

---

The amount of fun you have in a full and well balanced squad is ace and it makes the game feel "old school" in a way, because it's quite simple.

Capture a base....blow up a station.

---

You're only as good as your squad and the other blue team-mates though, which can be equally a blessing or a curse, and we've been in games where it feels like 4 vs 12 with the other squads doing sod all.

---

My friends and i aren't the type to take games seriously but this has turned us really.
We've all got preferred roles and where-as we're generally rather "normal" in real life, when playing this our conversations will turn into, "Yeah flank round to point A and defend B". :))

Now many of us don't get chance to meet up all the time, it's good for us to all squad up and chat over a beer while shooting some Russians.

---

The new patch is decent, especially being able to play Rush again properly and with Nam being touted as £10 i'll put the PSN card to good use.

---

Hopefully catch some of you online, i'm not adding friends at the moment because honestly i just play with a few close mates i know (nothing personal)but feel free to invite me to squad up if you see my PSN in your game. ;)

The pacing of BC2 is more to my liking than COD, though if Black Ops updates it's Hardcore playlist to include more game-modes i'm all for that.

-

One thing, people sometimes exaggerate how BC2 and Black Ops hardcore modes become a "campfest".

Initially on your first few goes this is true to an extent, but a camper is only a flashbang away from adding to a (game changing in hardcore modes) killstreak with only a bit of familiarity with the game.

-

Poor "camping" Recons become redundant in Bad Company 2 due to multiple routes to objectives and lots of cover. With a Medic and smart Recon in your squad you can draw them out and take them out of the game completely.

We had fun a while ago with one who was getting kills at the expense of actually helping the team. Once we knew where he was we either avoided that way round or had a mate sneak about and knife him....By the time he decided to actually play the game, it was already won.

-

It's well balanced if you get a squad that clicks and the game encourages team play as opposed to lone wolves.

Back
Top Bottom