Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3/PC)

Not remotely close to the finish and this game is being seriious goty contender. The amount of things you can do and the freedom you have to do some things is great. The best of all is that the third part will truly be a masterpiece. Enjoying the game a lot.

GOTY at the same level as Batman and almost at the level of Uncharted.

The more you play, the better it gets. Seriously. You learn moves, you get new weapons, your abilities increase. It's like a learning curve so you aren't given everything at once. As you progress, you can dodge attacks, counter them and take the opponents weapons, pick other weapons up, hide within groups of people, renovate places to gain money and receive percentages off the goods and hire others to do your work etc. etc. It's really good.

I've just completed the 4th "Assassins Tomb" last night
(2 more to go until I get the sacred armour). I've renovated everything within the Villa and getting loads of income now. I'm thinking it will be a very difficult game to accomplish everything 100% (I've only collected 5 or so Eagle feathers from the 100 on offer!)

As I progress, I look at the mini-map, if I see a treasure chest or something in the area, I'll do it. There's so much that can distract you from your main quest, but it's all good. Some of the puzzles on the buildings are quite tricky, too.

I've just completed a quest last night where I had to assassinate three guards (spread out on the map) without being detected. It certainly wasn't easy. It took me a good few goes, anyway. I was hiring people to cause trouble and fight with the guards, then sneak up on the guy I needed to clean out without being spotted, and kill him. Throwing knives helped a little for the first guard, but the other two were more tricky.

For me, it's much better than MW2 (single player obviously).

As I progress, I look at the mini-map, if I see a treasure chest or something in the area, I'll do it. There's so much that can distract you from your main quest, but it's all good.

I wish you didn't see the spoiler when quoting :ROLL:

But anyway, I agree. I'll make my way towards the next mission but if I pass by a side-mission then I can't help having a go at it. Then you pass another side-mission on the way, and another :LOL:

Do the tombs remind anyone else of a church level in Uncharted?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but when one of the characters introduces himself...
did anyone else laugh when the character said "It'sa meee, Maario!" :LOL:

Yeah, agree completely on the side missions and lack of turning them down when available :LOL:

Also, regarding your spoiler :
Haha, yes, that was fantastic. I had already been advised about it by someone who claimed it was one of the best reference gags of all time.

I'm finding it a little less enjoyable doing it all over again now that my White edition arrived but I'm sure once I get to Venice which is where I left off last time I'm sure it'll pick up again :)

A couple of questions?

Is Venice the last city, or is there another?

I got very frustrated with the 3rd/4th Assassins tomb, which has you jumping onto 4 bars which lower and activate something.
The jumping mechanics are wank, and I was getting serious game rage last night. Whats the best way of doing this?

Cheers

Practice where to go before going for it properly

Once i did that i did each one first time after pressing it

To avoid falls, you have to stop pressing the run button all the time. You need to center the camera along with moving Ezio and then press Run when you reach the end of a plateform.

Once you learn that platform sections must be planned and learn to not press the jump button constantly, you find yourself in complete control, even though in some situations, particularly when fighting with soldiers in narrow places or platforms, the game gets a little messy.

I arrived to Venice today, having done all the side quests and having the villa in the best possible state. It's really fun though you get too much money too soon in my oppinion, I liked it more when I had to care about spending money.

Yup I agree, too much money too easily and too easy fighting, especially with the hidden blade, I can walk up to 3 guards stood together and kill them all with the hidden blade one after the other with none of them blocking me or anything.

I completed the game. It was good, better than the first in terms of content, however I preferred the first games plot more. I found this plot and ending especially rather silly to be honest. Its definitely not my game of the year thats for sure. Oh and the controls are extremely annoying at certain times.

Anyone who's completed it, how far am I into the main missions?

Arrived in Venice and Rosa's friend asked me to kill some rogue guards or so, one was on a boat.

Got a feeling I'm not too far off?

That means i'm near the end and if that's the case the missions are very very uninspiring

Just finished this, and I liked it a lot. Don't know what to make of the ending, if I liked it or not. I think it's part master piece part cheapest way out.

Very dissapointed with the last boss though, waaay to easy. Just grab him and throw him on the floor and keep kicking at him while at the ground or just grab him and punch/kick him. For a lot of the last mission I only had one health-dot left with no drugs left. But when you and your fellow fake-Ezios fought it was way to easy as well, just threw at couple of knives at him. Bleh. Also dissapointed that we never really got to visit Rome..would have been awesome if it had been unlocked after the final mission. Boo.

Other than that, great game and can't wait for the third one.

Two DLC coming out shortly, possibly both in January as that's what I read but seems unlikely that both would come out in the same month unless they're shallow and shit.

The fighting gets a lot better, Tik :)

Just finished the game, quality. Love the fighting model and very enjoyable game. Not sure about the ending though, bit ... weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom