Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3/PC)

With your problems you would probably be quicker not holding X while only running :D. Guess it's a timing issue.

Edit

Didnt even realise I could do that for the 1st two "speed" challenges
(the guy robbing you and his masters roof one)
. But managed them both first time. Not much further in the game either so haven't had any others yet.

Last edited:
I'm near the very end - I think. A trip to
Rome
is next on the list. I've got all the weapons, armour, glyphs, 52 feathers, all tombs completed, going for all the treasure chests and side quests now (races, beat up events etc.) before heading to
Rome
, as I don't know if I can return once I choose to go?

Got most of the achievements, too.

This and Batman AA are two games which have really kept me compelled to do as much as possible. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Question for those who have the game and have played the first one:

I hated the first one, I felt like each mission I was handicapped into doing it two ways, stealthy or all guns blazing, and there was no variety to any of the missions. I felt I could not really choose how I wanted to get to someone, no real planning or anything.

So my question is for #2, is that still the same? Are there more ways to make your kills, can you come up with your plan to get the kill and study and watch the target, or is it all laid out for you?

Apparantly the two DLC packs were part of the main game anyway but they removed the missions because "there were too many things to do and to finish"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/acii-dlc-was-originally-part-of-game

So if it was part of the main game anyway, why are you charging extra for stuff that we should really get for free?

Robbing bastards. Assassin's Creed 3 will probably come out in single level DLC packs which you need to pay for each time you want to finish the game.

Yeah I just read that and thought 'well it should be free then'. I understand they're working on the content and want money for that work - but surely that comes from us buying the game and their wages being paid. not they only get paid if we buy the dlc.

Don't forget Christmas...
They "had" to release the game before 2010.
Besides, a massive percentage of the buyers are not planning to buy the DLC and most of them are not even aware of its existance.

Nowadays, most (is not all) companies are planning DLC before completing their games.
I can't remember a company who decided to create a DLC just for our fun and free of charge.

It's business. Supply and demand.

"I think we gave them so much content that they cannot say that we owe them, that we didn't give them a lot for their 60 bucks," he added.

I had a great time for the money I spent, but the DLC should have been free. It's like RE5 all over again.

That's the point though. If they created the DLC AFTER they finished the game, then paid DLC is fine. It's when they created the content as part of the main game anyway, THEN decide they want to charge you extra for it. It's just not right.

Don't forget Christmas...
I can't remember a company who decided to create a DLC just for our fun and free of charge.

It's business. Supply and demand.

Criterion - Burnout Paradise. :BRMM:

Activision used to do it as well on the PC for the call of duty games. Extra maps would be made by the devs and released every few months for free as a map pack pack 1 /2 /3 etc. On XBL/PSN there are tons of companies who release free DLC which was made after the release of the game. A lot of it will be extra costumes or music... so small things. But you do get the odd game like Unreal Tournament 3 that add a ton of maps, mods and game modes for free.

I wouldn't buy the DLC for this even if it was created by a different team separately from the main dev team though. The game was average at best and the assassin part of the game was at terrible as the first.

Agent 47 still has nothing to fear.

I agree, but I'm not too fussed. I really enjoyed Assassins Creed 2 and will certainly pay for the extra content.

I completely finished it yesterday, 100% and 1000/1000 Gamerscore. One of only a small few games I've even bothered to max out - Batman AA being another (which I sadly fell short - but only the Challenge Mode to complete).

Superb game, but pleased I've now finished it in time for the Christmas bonanza of a PS3 and goodies.

I finished it this week with my girlfriend. I liked it a lot and was compelled to finish and collect everything except feathers and treasures (too many of them to my liking, hehe). Great game that could be a total GOTY if they added a little more complexity to assassinations, hitman-style, and upped difficulty so you were killed if 3 or 4 guards gather around you. That way they would force you into the stealth ways that are always more satisfying.

I liked the ending a lot, don't know why people don't. And the truth was genius from start to the grand finish. Nice work by the writers overall.

Oh christ no, the story is turning horrific.

Two words some this up:- Indiana Jones.

Reminds me of that cack last film and this is were this is going.

Love the game itself but jeez I wish they'd just had ditched the modern shit.

FD

Just about to finish Sequence 9 Carnevale. Nearly finished then. Really enjoying it, mostly just being able to wander about and climb towers. I think the combat is generally weak, I mean I never die. And really I'm just button mashing tbh, there is no need to be good at fighting. It just doesn't seem to reward learning it in any way. Seeing as it's all very static, doing it all slowly makes it even worse to view/experience. So I go for fast action and it's somewhat better.

I think they've got the majority spot on, but fighting and attackers/guards AI needs to be better. Would also help if you couldn't just dive into the water and swim away from 5 guards, or even just hide under a bridge with 5 guards above you. Improving both of those would mean the stealth aspect of the game would become more important, which is pretty important for an Assassin game.

Yeah I agree the combat is way too easy, I've taken to fighting them all barehanded just to make it challenging, I take their weapon, kill them with it, then drop it and take the next guard's weapon......

Well finally finished the game, really enjoyed it, however I wouldn't consider it GOTY though. Uncharted is so much better imo, and the combat/AI is too weak aswell. Will probably get the 3rd though, enjoyed the story.

Scutch said:
I'm near the very end - I think. A trip to
Rome
is next on the list. I've got all the weapons, armour, glyphs, 52 feathers, all tombs completed, going for all the treasure chests and side quests now (races, beat up events etc.) before heading to
Rome
, as I don't know if I can return once I choose to go?

Got most of the achievements, too.

This and Batman AA are two games which have really kept me compelled to do as much as possible. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

You say you have got all the weapons. I have managed to get all the ones available from all the blacksmiths in the game but there is still one missing. Does anyone know how to get it?

Yeah the last hammer is really special

ends_-_mchammer.jpg

Well, the new DLC is out, but people are completing it in under an hour. That doesn't seem worth the coins. Anyone on here downloaded and played, yet?

Unfortunately I downloaded it.:DOH:

I completed it in about 45 minutes, but even if you fuck about this can be done in under an hour. If you blitz it I reckon it could be done in 30 minutes. The flying machine was added as an afterthought and is not required for any of the 4 or 5 missions. There's no confirmation when you complete it either, you're just dumped in Florence with no further objectives. No extra achievements during this DLC, to boot.

I really wish I'd researched this DLC before blindly downloading it. I'm never going to get the 320 ms points or the time back. Bloody Ubisoft.

Avoid.

To be fair, the DLC's are just the missing sequences from the full game, which they apparently couldn't fit in, originally. They could have given extra Achievements or Trophies, yes, but it's basically just the missing parts to what was the full game. How they have the cheek to charge for it is incredible, considering you don't actually achieve anything.

To be fair, the DLC's are just the missing sequences from the full game, which they apparently couldn't fit in, originally. They could have given extra Achievements or Trophies, yes, but it's basically just the missing parts to what was the full game. How they have the cheek to charge for it is incredible, considering you don't actually achieve anything.

I realised that was the case due to DNA sequences 12 and 13 being missing from the game. Ubisoft should've at least put a few achievements in there to make it feel worthwhile. If, like they said, these sequences were left out due to a tight release schedule then at least make them free as they are not an add-on in any way.

I hope Ubisoft don't pull a stunt like this in their football game, e.g. you play 80 minutes of a game and the final 10 minutes are dlc.

Indeed. I'm also hearing that there will be Achievements on the next DLC, but they will only be available if you've also downloaded the other one. Haha, very clever of them, if true.

II hope Ubisoft don't pull a stunt like this in their football game, e.g. you play 80 minutes of a game and the final 10 minutes are dlc.

:LOL:

There if a new copy protection used in Assassin's Creed 2 on PC. Your savegames are also stored online and can be accessed from any PC, you don't need to insert a DVD to play and you can only play the game when you are connected to the internet. Seems like Ubisoft got a lot of good ideas at the moment. :RANT:
http://support.uk.ubi.com/online-services-platform/
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5181026566/m/3831008728

Back
Top Bottom