Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3/PC)

Two DLC coming out shortly, possibly both in January as that's what I read but seems unlikely that both would come out in the same month unless they're shallow and shit.

Or it's the stuff from the White and Black Editions.

I hate stuff like that. Even if it wasn't held back out of the game just the feeling that it might really stinks and puts you off buying it.

Surely these companies know how much it pisses the customers off right?

Anyone who's completed it, how far am I into the main missions?

Arrived in Venice and Rosa's friend asked me to kill some rogue guards or so, one was on a boat.

Got a feeling I'm not too far off?

Very similar point to where I am now. I can't find the final Assassin's Tomb, though. Got 5.

Decent game but my God it doesn't help you out at all does it. when it teahces you how to blend - just being told over and over to stand by the women, when what you actually have to do is go out and blend in with any crowd. Then when i had to escourt 2 people the game said 'press Square to throw money' so i pressed square and fecking stabbed someone. Becuase actually you have to hold R2 and then select money and then press square. but it never explained that. And just now i was given a sword but yet was never told how to select it at all until i died because i had no weapon drawn. then after my death a message came up to hold r2 and press right on the d pad.

Fuck sake.

You had the help messages pop up right away every time?

Some times it can be okay. But it failed to work on those examples.
-

Quick question about these QTE's. Is their any punishment for not pressing buttons when you have a chance? I've missed a few just by not being ready for them. In the first game im sure their was an acheveent where you had to press a button after killig a target when the screen went funny and if you missed one you failed the achievement. very annoying.

Can anyone help?

I am at the section where you need to get 30 codexs but I cannot find the last one. I have looked on all the maps but the codex is not showing up.

you sure you dont already have it mate, go to di vinci in the next room and he will transcribe it for you

Nope, never had a dialogue box not appear once. I'd say it could be a PS3 issue but Tik's not had a problem and he's a PS3 user as well.

I stopped playing mine because it all got repetitive and stale

The fighting is pretty shit (that's what stopped me playing the first from the reviews) because they only come at you 1 at a time still so its not really a challenge on that side and the later missions where you have to go to multiple targets/locations did my nut in because running around the cities is boring

Bring on some cars :LOL:

I stopped playing mine because it all got repetitive and stale

The fighting is pretty shit (that's what stopped me playing the first from the reviews) because they only come at you 1 at a time still so its not really a challenge on that side and the later missions where you have to go to multiple targets/locations did my nut in because running around the cities is boring

Bring on some cars :LOL:

And that is all I needed to know :APPLAUD:

Anyone else finding the running and auto jumping a bit hit and miss?
After playing Infamous where the game kind of guides you to the obvious places that you would be jumping to, this feel really ... broken?. I keep finding myself running at say a pole and then my guy will leap off slightly to the left or right of where I was aiming and end up grabbing onto a window ledge or he'll jump the opposite side of the pole and fall to his death. It's worse when you have a building that curves round so the poles curve around it and you have to keep adjusting your aim as he leaps.... because you always seem to end up following the curve okay and then suddenly he'll jump off at a sharp angle and fall.

Really crappy, especially when you have to get somewhere fast or chase someone.

Don't hold down the A (X on PS3?) button unless you want to jump, then he wont jump of his own accord ;)

Uuh, it's a single player adventure game. What would you want, a multiplayer deathmatch/sprint onlinemode? Actually that could be a lot of fun :P

No I wouldn't want multiplayer deathmatch. But much like GTA is fun to play once the story is completed. I would like Assassins Creed to be the same. Although GTA isn't as fun as it used to be it that respect, there was a lot more to do in the early games than the latest version.

Don't hold down the A (X on PS3?) button unless you want to jump, then he wont jump of his own accord ;)

I'm talking about the times when you do have to hold X down, not just any old time when you're jumping around. For example when you have to get from A to B in a time limit and want to jump across the roof tops as it's faster. Or a better example is if you're chasing someone and they climb up top. I just keep finding the aiming of the jumps very hit and miss.

I like it alot. But I can understand when people say it gets a bit samey. But you can say that about alot of games.

I like the combat and think it gets better as you go along. Be better though if they attacked you a bit more all at once. rather than standing off for a while.

I'm still enjoying it and I think I am quite far in.

I'm talking about the times when you do have to hold X down, not just any old time when you're jumping around. For example when you have to get from A to B in a time limit and want to jump across the roof tops as it's faster. Or a better example is if you're chasing someone and they climb up top. I just keep finding the aiming of the jumps very hit and miss.

But isn't the trick to not hold it down? YOu only keep hold with "sprint" when running up a wall, but once you've got hold you don't need to press either. With the roof's its the same, hold sprint and just press jump with the correct timing.

The problem I have with only holding R1 down is he doesn't run as fast. You only sprint with X so if you're trying to get somewhere fast or chase someone they'll get away.

Back
Top Bottom