Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3/PC)

Haven't received the game yet, but seeing some videos the only 3 things I will surely miss in the game are Radio Stations, fighting different people at the same time and not in TURNS! (Batman Arkham Assylum style) and more subtelty in the way you approach the assassinations (hitman style).

I guess if the game had all those it would be instantly GOTY.

9/10 from Eurogamer.

Never bothered with the first asit didn't sound that good. But this seems to be the game that should have been, beautiful but with the gameplay, diversity and story to back it up. Good game to follow up Uncharted2. Guess FIFA MM will have to wait even longer.......oh well.

So many games I have bought in the last month - Red Faction Guerrilla, FIFA 10, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, PES 2010, Modern Warfare 2, Braid and now this!

9/10 from Eurogamer.

Never bothered with the first asit didn't sound that good. But this seems to be the game that should have been, beautiful but with the gameplay, diversity and story to back it up. Good game to follow up Uncharted2. Guess FIFA MM will have to wait even longer.......oh well.

Decent review from Eurogamer, too.

I take it back, now a certain event has happened it gets much, much harder to fight, most of the easy tactics they start to get around and there's harder opponents with harder weapons to find tactics to beat :)

Ooh, I say.

Can't wait for this. I didn't buy Assassins Creed because of the few negative reviews it seemed to get regarding the frustratingly repetitive gameplay. ShopTo have dispatched my copy of AC2 though.

You enjoying it, mate?

Getting better and better for me, now i have been taught how to fight properly its awesome

I'm dodging, countering and pulling off some nice finishing moves :)

Cracking game this

The first one's fighting was really good until you sussed out exactly how to counter - then it became too easy to win massive fights.

I'm going to bite my fist and wait till Xmas for this. I could just buy it but I don't know what to ask for! Oh for the days when I didn't earn money to just buy things when I want.

For the guys who ordered with ShopTo, can you check your tracking with Royal Mail? I put the code in and it said it was delivered to Hengoed office... in August!? Something definitely wrong there.

The first one's fighting was really good until you sussed out exactly how to counter - then it became too easy to win massive fights.

I'm going to bite my fist and wait till Xmas for this. I could just buy it but I don't know what to ask for! Oh for the days when I didn't earn money to just buy things when I want.

The first one had like max 5 enemies around you didn't it? I've had fights in this with 10-15 guards at once!

The first one had like max 5 enemies around you didn't it? I've had fights in this with 10-15 guards at once!

well, in batman sometimes there were more than 20 at once! :LOL:
i really prefer those kind of combat, like AC2 and batman because even with lots of enemies you have to use your brain and not only smash buttons to defeat them!

well, in batman sometimes there were more than 20 at once! :LOL:
i really prefer those kind of combat, like AC2 and batman because even with lots of enemies you have to use your brain and not only smash buttons to defeat them!
why are you playing these games, you told me you were a pacifist...

I played 3 hours (the 2 first chapters).
The game mechanics are exactly the same as AC1 for the moment.
I don't think you can like AC2, if you didn't like the 1st one.

Uh-oh, I hated the first one...

The first few hours are meant to be pap. Among the worst associated with a game that turns out to be as highly rated as it has been.

Placebo - I had fights with large numbers in the first, where I saved a monk that was being pushed around. 10 sounds about right. I felt really up against it, and dead chuffed when I came out on top.

What is countering like at the moment? Is it fairly easy? Does it vary depending on the guard's weapon? There were fairly few different attacks from guards, so you could suss them out relatively easy.

why are you playing these games, you told me you were a pacifist...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

those are fantasy games, is not the same thing like blowing some arabians heads in those horrible war games... i only hate senseless violence, the violence in fantasy game is fun. violence in war game is totally unecessary.

What is countering like at the moment? Is it fairly easy? Does it vary depending on the guard's weapon? There were fairly few different attacks from guards, so you could suss them out relatively easy.

It depends on who your opponent is, some can be countered easily for an instant kill, some you can grab then cut their throat for an instant kill, but as you progress in the game they get much smarter and will block you when you try to grab/counter them and when you do counter them all you can do is land a punch on them and not an instant kill so it makes it much harder, and of course you meet opponents with better weapons (especially the long spear) which is very hard to fight against :)

Fucking wank thing has fucked my save game up so i cant load it

Don't know if im gonna play it again now seeing as i would have to do all the viewpoints, collect the money and progress the story as far as i did all again

Plus you cant skip the cutscenes, ahhhh fuck

Last edited:
Fucking wank thing has fucked my save game up so i cant load it

Don't know if im gonna play it again now seeing as i would have to do all the viewpoints, collect the money and progress the story as far as i did all again

Plus you cant skip the cutscenes, ahhhh fuck

I have to do it all again from the start when my Play.com one arrives next week (hopefully) :)

Well i started again and i got to where i was before very quickly

Probably due to the fact i knew all the buttons this time around and i didn't waste time searching for chests. I have nearly upgraded all the Villa as well which bring me in alot of cash :)

I've just killed that bobbed hair cutted idiot in the castle, helping Mario and his chums. Back to the village now. It started off a bit slow, but it's getting better and better. Enjoying it and still learning the basics and moves. Great game.

Bloody great. That would also apply if it had a comma. It is everything the first should have been and more.

It's a bit rough around the edges on PS3. The frame rate dips below the standard 30 at times and there seems to be an issue with sound effects on cutscenes. You hear the music and the voices fine, but there aren't any sounds from the onscreen action. Someone getting stabbed up without any impact noises is very weird indeed. I expect that'll be patched fairly soon.

Other than that, it's fantastic. I can't get enough of the brutal fights and the free running, and Venice and Florence in particular are simply stunning. Ezio is a far more interesting character than any space marine. Shame that all the real world characters are bloody annoying.

Have people already pointed out that Desmond is voiced by the guy who did Nathan Drake in Uncharted?

GOTY for me.

I just couldn't stop playing all week-end.
Great game, great story, great ending.

It took me 22 hours to complete the story and find all treasures (feathers are too difficult).
It's very, very similar to GTA 4 this time, minus the cars :).
I also enjoyed playing Ezio more than Altair.

Can't wait for the third game.

Back
Top Bottom