Assassins Creed 2 (360/PS3/PC)

I bought the game yesterday, spent a couple of hours on it and like it. Although I haven't got to the good bits yet.

I am hopeless at fighting though, I need to practice big time!

I bought the game yesterday, spent a couple of hours on it and like it. Although I haven't got to the good bits yet.

I am hopeless at fighting though, I need to practice big time!

Me too, mate. But trust me, the more you play, the more it opens up, and the better you get at doing things :COOL:

I can imagine when you master free running and combat, this game will be brilliant.

I'm enjoying myself anyway but i literally have nothing and keep accidently doing that kick thing off the wall and flying off :LOL:

Isn't a bit too hasty to call it GOTY already?

It seems every week there's a new GOTY here :LOL:

This is my GOTY

goatee.jpg

Naah it's too easy to be GOTY, 2nd to Arkham Asylum for me :)

I think it's ok with this game. It doesn't have to be a huge challenge since we play an assassin :). I didn't die a lot playing Batman too.
I died 11 times and more than half because of falls. Not dying often means no frustration and I loved it.

Its a phenomenal game, up there with Batman and Shadow Complex for me.

I'm saving myself for xmas for unchartered 2 as since Ive been an adult, all my presents are crap as no-one can buy me something I either want, or dont have.

Played the first hours of it until:

I am about to leave Firenze

I got bored with the first one as everybody, but this one feels different from start, and there has been a massive work put on it. As they had the engine, they could spent 2 years into generating good gameplay, it seems.

So far, so good. Very well written, great production values, lots of things to do and discover. One of the three best tiles of the year for me if it keeps this pace. Hope it does. Fingers crossed.

Still, assassinations a bit too easy/simple, I expected a little more complexity there (hitman style).

And they could get rid of all the futuristic part of the story as it's unnecessary for me, but still, great characters by now (the historical ones, of course).

The futuristic aspect is massively toned down now, in the first one you constantly flipped back to the future, in the second
you don't return until about halfway through the game
(figured I should spoiler that)

The game gets much harder when you've reached the part of the story where you kill the guy which then "unlocks" the armed city guards, so when my retail one arrives I'm going to just do story up until that point without doing any treasure/viewpoints or side missions, that way it'll be more challenging from the off :)

I agree with placebo that it would be goty if it had some kind of hard difficulty level. That would made fights even more exciting and a bit realistic. As of now, I simply go like a mad against all odds and the most probable thing is that i win.

But, anyway, an excellent game so far, I'm exploring the Toscana right now and my first impression remains, it's on my top three list for the year.

I just need to do the side misisons now :).
I found the feathers, it took me 1 hour to find the last one !

Just completed sequence 4 now, and I have to say it's a great game. But sometimes when you're doing a chase, and you do some stupid jump which makes you go backwards, or fall down, really pisses me off.

Yeah that is very annoying, especially when its a straight forward jump and they either jump off at the wrong angle or just fall over the edge and hold on

I bought the game from gamestation, and there was another special edition version which had a one off code you add in Xbox Live, and it open's a new level which looks like a shipyard/weapon's store.

I haven't done this yet as i'm waiting for my new xbox to be delivered, but wondered if anyone else had come across it.

Two petty annoyances from me:

1. When you fail a race and have to start it again it always starts you facing away from the direction of the race, why?

2. You can't keep small weapon selected as main blade weapon, when you switch to something else and go back to blade it's always your sword.

I bought the game from gamestation, and there was another special edition version which had a one off code you add in Xbox Live, and it open's a new level which looks like a shipyard/weapon's store.

I haven't done this yet as i'm waiting for my new xbox to be delivered, but wondered if anyone else had come across it.

My white edition arrived today and I was disappointed to see that the code only unlocks the special content for one profile, my wife and I will both be playing the game so now we have to decide which one of us plays the bonus missions, really shitty and petty from the developer IMO.

2. You can't keep small weapon selected as main blade weapon, when you switch to something else and go back to blade it's always your sword.

It's the same for all weapons, not just small swords.
If you don't want to use your sword, you have to use the wheel of weapons, you can't "store" them.
It's not very frustrating but I quickly decided to start my fights boxing and use counter attacks.

My white edition arrived today and I was disappointed to see that the code only unlocks the special content for one profile, my wife and I will both be playing the game so now we have to decide which one of us plays the bonus missions, really shitty and petty from the developer IMO.

Not for only one save game though, right? Couldn't she save her game on your profile as one of the other slots?

Back
Top Bottom